You are not logged in.

Wednesday, February 22nd 2012, 4:03pm

I would like to propose this for a League sticky thread.

Quoted

[SIZE=4]The League of Nations[/SIZE]
The League of Nations is composed of three main divisions: the League Assembly, the League Council, and the Permanent Secretariat.

[SIZE=3]Organization of the League Assembly[/SIZE]
The Assembly consisted of representatives of all Members of the League. Each state was allowed up to three representatives and one vote. The Assembly had its sessions at Geneva and met on yearly basis on the first Monday of September.. A special session of the Assembly might be summoned at the request of a Member, provided a majority of the Members concurred.

The special functions of the Assembly included the admission of new Members, the periodical election on non-permanent Members of the Council [Note 1], the election with the Council of the judges of the Permanent Court, and the control of the budget. In practice the Assembly is the general directing force of League activities.

Composition of the League Assembly - 1942
Atlantis, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Chosen, Colombia, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, East African State, France, Germany, Greece, Hedjaz, Hungary, Iberia, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kongo, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Nordmark, Paraguay, Persia, Peru, Poland, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Switzerland, Syria, Thailand, The Philippines, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, Yemen, Yugoslavia

[SIZE=3]The League Council[/SIZE]
The League Council is composed of ten permanent members and ten non-permanent members. It meets five times a year, though can also meet in extraordinary session.

Ten Permanent Members
Atlantis, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Nordmark, Russia, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States
Ten Non-Permanent Members
- 1942: Australia, China, Hungary, India, Lithuania, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Romania, Switzerland
- 1943: Argentina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, Chosen, Colombia, East African State, Ireland, Latvia, Thailand
- 1944: Armenia, ,Azerbaijan, Canada, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Luxembourg, Mexico, Persia, The Philippines, Turkey
- 1945: Belgium, Bolivia, Greece, Hedjaz, Iberia, Kongo, Netherlands, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Yugoslavia
- 1946: Yemen, plus others

[SIZE=3]Permanent Secretariat[/SIZE]
The Permanent Secretariat is responsible for preparing the agenda for the Council and Assembly and publishing reports of the meetings and other routine matters.

[SIZE=3]Other League Bodies[/SIZE]
- Permanent Court of International Justice
- International Labour Organisation
- Health Organization
- International Committee on Intellectual Cooperation
- Economic and Financial Organization
- Commission for Refugees
- Transit, Transport and Communications
- Permanent Mandates Commission
- Permanent Central Opium Board
- Advisory Committee on the Traffic in Women and Children
- Slavery Commission
- Committee for the Study of the Legal Status of Women

[SIZE=1]Note 1 - We've replaced this with the rotation as we're too lazy to vote on it year after year.[/SIZE]

Wednesday, February 22nd 2012, 4:20pm

Sounds good to me.

Wednesday, February 22nd 2012, 4:23pm

If there aren't any objections or additions at the end of the day, I'll put it up in its own sticky-thread.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Wednesday, February 22nd 2012, 6:57pm

Back in the Hedjaz crisis, I believe Saudi and Yemen were not yet LON, though I expect they could be now.

I would suggest that in 1945, having Belgium, The Netherlands, Kongo and their 'friends' of Iberia and Saudi may be a bit much from one cliche for some.

Wednesday, February 22nd 2012, 7:40pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk
Back in the Hedjaz crisis, I believe Saudi and Yemen were not yet LON, though I expect they could be now.

I would suggest that in 1945, having Belgium, The Netherlands, Kongo and their 'friends' of Iberia and Saudi may be a bit much from one cliche for some.

I can switch out one or two of those for another NPC, if nobody has any objections.

Wednesday, February 22nd 2012, 7:45pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk

I can switch out one or two of those for another NPC, if nobody has any objections.

Hmm. That might be for the best.

Wednesday, February 22nd 2012, 7:51pm

Consider this:

Quoted

Ten Permanent Members
Atlantis, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Nordmark, Russia, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States
Ten Non-Permanent Members
- 1942: Australia, Belgium, China, Hungary, India, Lithuania, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Romania
- 1943: Argentina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, Chosen, Colombia, East African State, Ireland, Latvia, Thailand
- 1944: Armenia, Canada, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Kongo, Luxembourg, Mexico, Persia, The Philippines, Turkey
- 1945: Azerbaijan, Bolivia, Greece, Hedjaz, Iberia, Netherlands, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland, Syria, Yugoslavia
- 1946: Yemen, plus others

Thursday, February 23rd 2012, 10:50pm

Ok with me.

Friday, February 24th 2012, 2:04am

Sorry, couldn't resist....

Friday, February 24th 2012, 2:34am

Keep your paws off Canada's LoN delegate!

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 8:46pm

In view of discussions elsewhere, who are the Ten Non-Permanent Members for 1946 other than Yemen?

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 8:56pm

I'll roll up a new random list.

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 9:03pm

Newly randomized list. Yemen was a carry-over from the previous roll-up; everything else is new.

Quoted

1946: Persia, Peru, Armenia, Chosen, Ireland, Romania, Belgium, Kongo, Paraguay, Yemen

1947: Brazil, Denmark, Mexico, Czechoslovakia, Latvia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Canada, East African State, Hungary

1948: Poland, Syria, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Bolivia, Netherlands, Iberia, Turkey, The Philippines, Yugoslavia

1949: Switzerland, Thailand, Argentina, Greece, Chile, Colombia, Australia, Indochina, +2 others