You are not logged in.

Thursday, February 25th 2010, 6:15am

*flails*

Well, yeah, I vanished for awhile again. Primarily due to busy stuff IRL, busy stuff roleplaying online, and...well, a serious lack of motivation.

But, there's also the fact that due to this computer being weird (more specifically, having had AVG installed on it... <_< ), I can't install Spring* on it. >.<

So, either I can get down to it, play the Philippines and have somebody else design my ships, or I can step back and let somebody take it over completely again. ;(

Thursday, February 25th 2010, 6:38am

I have AVG on my computer and never had any problems with SS, so are you sure there isnt something else acting up?

Thursday, February 25th 2010, 6:39am

Nope, we looked it up, and other people have had the same problem. Apparently on Vista some recent AVGs have a thing where it won't let you download anything (at all - not even text files >.<).

Thursday, February 25th 2010, 12:55pm

Computer problem that is a fact of life for me since I switched form Commodore 64 too PC. Right now my sound card got lost :rolleyes:

But Swamphen please stay, there are ton of people ,myself included,willing to make your design for you.

Thursday, February 25th 2010, 1:13pm

Alternatively, ditch AVG and use a different anti-virus program.

Thursday, February 25th 2010, 2:18pm

I think it would be....um...interesting if you joined the sim again Swampy! Like Marek says, I'm sure SS designs will not be a problem.

Thursday, February 25th 2010, 2:48pm

Stay pleace!! :D

I don't have that problem... I only have a problem with make a good one :P

Friday, February 26th 2010, 3:16am

Swampy, I have 64-bit Vista and the AVG and have no issues w/ SS. I'm sure it's something else. As to an AV prog, I recommend the package deal that is IObit's Advanced System Care w/ IObit Security 360. BTW, if this problem is what's been holding up you Nverse return, I'd be happy to sim ships for you.

Friday, February 26th 2010, 3:27am

Aye as well. We really would like you back....just for Count Van Bulow....... :D

Friday, February 26th 2010, 9:45am

If AVG is causing issues, try Microserf's "Security Essentials".
It's free, and according to the geeks in work, VERY good!

Friday, February 26th 2010, 8:27pm

SuperAntiSpyware, and SpybotS&D works for me.