You are not logged in.

Friday, January 9th 2009, 11:12am

Sorting encyclopedia / Question to the admin

I would like tidying up my encyclopedia a little bit. So is it possible to move entries in the own encyclopedia in an archive ? In short, i would like to move some of ubiwans entries in an archive, so the chinese ency will be a little bit cleaner ;)

Friday, January 9th 2009, 5:07pm

I could do with a bit of cleaning up in the Chilean folder as well, but I'd settle for having the numbers removed from the thread titles. I wouldn't mind completely reposting everything so that it's up to my readability and stylistic standards, though.

Friday, January 9th 2009, 5:18pm

You should be able to copy the information into paint and delete the threads/posts yourself.

Friday, January 9th 2009, 5:24pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral
You should be able to copy the information into paint and delete the threads/posts yourself.

Um, even if somebody else posted the information?

Saturday, January 10th 2009, 3:00am

Parador:

Add a "Please move this" reply to each thread you'd like moved, and I'll dump in the Archive in the next couple of days.

Saturday, January 10th 2009, 3:25am

If you don't mind, could you do that for Chile as well, please?

Saturday, January 10th 2009, 4:26am

as a theortical approach; isn't it possible to assign independant moderators to certain forums/subforums, thereby allowing new players to clean up their encyclopedias as needed?

Saturday, January 10th 2009, 4:29am

That would be one theoretical approach, I suppose...

Saturday, January 10th 2009, 7:02am

Hmmmm let me know which forums you want erased, if any, otherwise I'm unfamiliar with the process of "moving" threads.

Saturday, January 10th 2009, 5:13pm

ShinRa: I think I've tried that before and found that only global moderators can be selected as mods of specific boards.

Brock: Will do.

Saturday, January 17th 2009, 8:08pm

Mine's ready for archiving, all the threads that need moving have been marked and brought to the front. Thanks a bunch!

Wednesday, January 21st 2009, 11:13pm

Here's the rest of the threads that need to be moved. Thanks for doing this, Rocky, I appreciate the help greatly! *bows*

Dreadnoughts
Auxiliary Ship
Light Cruisers
Destroyers
Chilean Army
Heavy Cruisers

Thursday, January 22nd 2009, 12:51am

Not a problem; sooner or later, I'll even finish the job.

Friday, January 23rd 2009, 3:08am

The threads in question have been vanquished.

Sure would be easier if you guys could do this yourselves...

Friday, January 23rd 2009, 5:26am

Thanks much! *Bows gratefully.*

Saturday, January 24th 2009, 4:17am

Parador, be sure to bump all of the Ubiwan posts (that you want moved) to the top of the Chinese forum. Then I'll move them to the Archive - just the generic archive. Or, frankly, I'll be just as pleased to delete them unless they're necessary.

Monday, January 26th 2009, 10:35am

An old men isn't a fast train ;) I will send you a PM if i'm ready !