You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, August 21st 2008, 5:02pm

Hate to be a spoil sport.....

But I think that Swampy had ear-marked that Latvian company for Siam........

But I thought the other plane looked ok, only issue I would have would be the ability to build a complex airframe locally, exactly the same as I had with Siam.

Anyone else think that it looks like an FW190 in plan view (excluding the exhausts, of course)

Thursday, August 21st 2008, 5:32pm

It was worth a try

Thursday, August 21st 2008, 5:57pm

Was that the historical engine? A 36 cylinder inline with three banks?

Thursday, August 21st 2008, 5:58pm

Does it matter? But yes it was

Thursday, August 21st 2008, 6:11pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
Does it matter? But yes it was

Yes, I like finding out things and I'd never seen or heard of the I-19 beforehand.

I don't particularly mind the Re 2000 being acquired, Italy isn't going to build it. At the moment there is something similar to the 2001 which'll mature into the 2005.

Thursday, August 21st 2008, 6:35pm

Thanks for the offer but I have given up on domestic arms production.

A interesting tidbit about the engine is that it is made up of coupled DH Gypsy Six engines

Thursday, August 21st 2008, 9:44pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
Thanks for the offer but I have given up on domestic arms production.

A interesting tidbit about the engine is that it is made up of coupled DH Gypsy Six engines

Don't give up on it.

Use that plane anyway, Swampy ain't here anymore, and Howard seems to be heading in a differernt direction.

Or do what Wes appears to be doing, using the engine off one design, fuselage off something and wings or tail off of a third design........

And a story could tell of the "little machine shop that could!", cause that engine sounds like a good thing!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Commodore Green" (Aug 21st 2008, 9:46pm)

Thursday, August 21st 2008, 10:15pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Commodore Green
, cause that engine sounds like a good thing!!

I think it sounds absolutely awful, but its definitely interesting and possibly of unique configuration.