You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 8:19pm

Time for a new Persia

Since a lot of nations are changing players its perhaps time for persia to do the same, Howard has shown interest and as long as he agrees to pay Persian outstanding debts 0.4IP (Siam), 240t (Mexico), 3300t (Japan) I hope that it is acceptable to the mods as well.

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 9:11pm

I have my doubts due to him being a part of another alliance and a very active player at that. I found myself in that same predicament and it was difficult for me to not use info I was not supposed to know nothing about to decide policy for the other side. I point is I don't mind if you decide to give up Persia but my point is that it should be someone not in the big alliances.

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 9:14pm

One objection, here. Perdedor dropped Peru because of rival alliances between the countries he was playing (Peru in AEGIS, India/Philippines in SATSUMA). I applaud Perdedor for that, and I think it was an ethical thing for him to do. With that in mind, how will Howard manage playing two powers on opposite sides of the fence, as it were?

Edit: D'oh! Perdedor beat me to it.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Brockpaine" (Aug 14th 2008, 9:14pm)

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 9:23pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
One objection, here. Perdedor dropped Peru because of rival alliances between the countries he was playing (Peru in AEGIS, India/Philippines in SATSUMA). I applaud Perdedor for that, and I think it was an ethical thing for him to do. With that in mind, how will Howard manage playing two powers on opposite sides of the fence, as it were?

Edit: D'oh! Perdedor beat me to it.

Thanks for the compliment.

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 9:46pm

I don't mind taking over Persia, that way the Dutch fears turn into reality, :D and will be more than happy to turn Philippines to anyone interested. Of course non-alligned member of the site. :rolleyes:

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 9:52pm

There aren't many non-aligned folks out there, really. The only ones I can think of are TheCanadian, Earl, and Hrolf.

I think Persia might make a good starter for a new player, if we have any available. They're not at war, they're small enough for a new player to learn and manage, and they have a fairly stable backup from their allies. JMHO, of course.

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 9:54pm

What about Parador? Perhaps he's inclined to take on the Philippines?

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 9:57pm

can't take on another myself at the moment, am up to my ears in writing a large amount of stuff for my Coldmere plot so I can then get on with Yugoslavia.

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 10:07pm

I forgot to mention that i will be lurking so if anything needs to be changed or removed in the encyclopedia PM.
I will continue to post until an official approval is at hand.

Howard showed interest which is why i suggested him, no point in forcing a country on a uninterested or over burdened player.

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 10:44pm

Well you were doing a good job. I for one enjoyed that little brush conflict you guys had in the Caspian. But then again I have a reputation as a troublemaker! :P

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Friday, August 15th 2008, 1:28am

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
I don't mind taking over Persia, that way the Dutch fears turn into reality, :D and will be more than happy to turn Philippines to anyone interested. Of course non-alligned member of the site. :rolleyes:

But, India already took over Persia(1)...oh you mean officially...

(1)In Dutch IC view, not WW reality

Hmm, with my Luxembourg hat on I'm non-aligned...

Friday, August 15th 2008, 2:12am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
There aren't many non-aligned folks out there, really. The only ones I can think of are TheCanadian, Earl, and Hrolf.

Hrolf's in NATO with his USA hat, and Earl/Nordmark has a semi-treaty with UK and Germany, I seem to recall

Friday, August 15th 2008, 2:14am

Mmrrrrr... yeah, I forgot about that.

So I'd suggest either an existing SATSUMA player taking Persia, or an all-new player.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Friday, August 15th 2008, 9:58am

I propose an all-new player if there is somebody out there lurking. Persia as a small nation might help to find a way into WW...

Friday, August 15th 2008, 11:04am

I agree with HooMan here, lets get some new blood in. Favourtism is not a good way to run WW, having Satsuma players playing the whole bloc will tip the balance too far. Looking at the list of players we have very few, if any, neutral players.

If one can't be found then maybe a mod should caretake to stop any wild swings of policy and abuses of power?

Friday, August 15th 2008, 11:12am

As I said i will continue with Persia until an player is appointed

Friday, August 15th 2008, 11:26am

Vuk,

Why do you wish to hand over Persia? If your sticking around you might as well stick with it and give us some more fireworks! :D

Friday, August 15th 2008, 11:32am

Because Persia is a good learning country but in the current rigid block system lacks potential for development

Friday, August 15th 2008, 2:48pm

Is there any new blood out there ??? I don't know.

It's not personaly, but i think howard is the wrong person for playing Persia. Sorry howard !!

"I pull my hat" that perdedor gives peru away. Playing two different countries is hard, playing to different countries in different allies is nearly unplayable, because you have a conflict in the interests.

I didn't want two countries which are in different allies !!!!

my five pfennig ;-)

Friday, August 15th 2008, 3:16pm

There are always new players coming along. There will be another.