You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, April 21st 2008, 9:02pm

Ship vs. Ship MMORG

Folks,

are you aware of http://www.navyfield.eu/eng/ ???

Greets,

HoOmAn

PS: Should you sign and start playing, please name me as nominator (the person who told you about the game). My handle is HoOmAn - suprise! ;o)

Monday, April 21st 2008, 9:30pm

So how much does it cost?

Monday, April 21st 2008, 10:24pm

AARRRGH,

Now Im starting to play Navyfield, Again.

Previously I have played until I needed to pay, and then given up.

HoOmAn

Monday, April 21st 2008, 11:36pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
So how much does it cost?

Nothing.

You could sign for a premium account that allows you to gain some bonus and material otherwise not available but you don´t really need it.

Tuesday, April 22nd 2008, 12:36am

For those of you not in Europe;
http://www.navyfield.com

The game is no longer pay-to-play after level 30, but after level 30 there is a 40% reduction in battle rewards unless you get a subscription. Also, some added ships and features are for sale from the store.

Check the Mod list. :o

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ShinRa_Inc" (Apr 22nd 2008, 12:38am)

Tuesday, April 22nd 2008, 3:58am

Looks VERY cool.

HoOmAn

Thursday, July 31st 2008, 7:19pm

Hey Earl,

I just noted you made Level 30....

What kind of ships do you have? What do you prefer?

Thursday, July 31st 2008, 8:17pm

Thanks

I'm presently using a Yubari Class CL, I like having gun fire-power and speed.

Thursday, July 31st 2008, 8:24pm

Just a quick bit of advice, before anyone levels up anything too high...

If you're on the Arizona server on the 'North American' version, switch to Missouri or New York. Arizona is populated by a large amount of abusive and elitist 'veteran' players, and it's Moderator management is uninvolved and mostly incompetant (The server head literally runs it by e-mail).

These days, if you spring for a premium subscription, you can hit level 30 (or higher) in a day or two.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ShinRa_Inc" (Jul 31st 2008, 8:26pm)

Thursday, July 31st 2008, 11:54pm

A warning about the premium accounts - which cost a monthly fee, guys, if you start with a free account and later upgrade to a premium one, the company that operates Navy Field will not - I repeat not - let you out of it. You can not switch back to a free account from a premium, and keep the ships, money and experience you earned via the premium. The most they will do is whip the premium account, and you will have to start completely fresh with a free one again. A friend of mine had this happen to him, and it took a lot of email badgering to get any kind of responce out of them.

HoOmAn

Friday, August 1st 2008, 12:10am

Well, on the European server this is not the case. I started with a free version and after getting to level 20 I decided to get me a gold account. But only for a month. When it ran out nothing changed - except that I no longer got the bonus money and exp from the premium account. But all ships, officers etc. remained active and could be played...

In fact I have to admit service on the German run Bismarck server is pretty good. Two days ago I noted the company responsible for the money transfer book one monthly fee five times (!). I wrote to the support team, got an answer within ours that they´ll check it and asked for my bank data. I proposed they could instead just use the money for a longer period of gold status. So they did - until November and as a add-on I got the (even more expensive) premium status. So more credits and more exp. Not a bad deal, methinks. And it was all solved within hours....

Friday, August 1st 2008, 2:27am

Quoted

Originally posted by Agent148
A warning about the premium accounts - which cost a monthly fee, guys, if you start with a free account and later upgrade to a premium one, the company that operates Navy Field will not - I repeat not - let you out of it. You can not switch back to a free account from a premium, and keep the ships, money and experience you earned via the premium. The most they will do is whip the premium account, and you will have to start completely fresh with a free one again. A friend of mine had this happen to him, and it took a lot of email badgering to get any kind of responce out of them.

This may have been the case before Navyfield was made "free" again, but it certaintly isn't now. If you let your subscription expire, your account reverts to 'silver' or free, and the only effect is the decreased XP rate. No other changes are made to your account data.

The only similar issue I can think of that could be what you're referring to is if you demand a refund, or have a chargeback issue with whatever billing method you use; If you insist on a refund for a subscription, they assume you're no longer interested in playing the game, and lock out the account. If they get a 'chargeback' from Google, or paypal, etc. it costs them fees, so they have a policy of locking accounts that cause that, because it's usually assumed to have been caused by scamming or other illegal means.

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
In fact I have to admit service on the German run Bismarck server is pretty good.

NFEU does seem to be running well, despite a rocky start. It's worth noting that NFEU and NFRU are actually run by seperate companies, they only 'contract out' the coding and updates to the Korean developers that directly run the NFNA and Asian servers. Combine that with a smaller playerbase that mostly speaks the same langauge and lives in the same area, they're customer support problems are a lot easier.

NFNA (NavyField North America) despite the name is being used worldwide, and run from Korea. There are a lot of language and cultural barrier problems that make things a lot more difficult for all involved.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ShinRa_Inc" (Aug 1st 2008, 2:32am)