You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 10:27am

Coastal Artillery/Fortifications?

Could someone help me find where this is covered in the rules/praxis

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 10:30am

Its not explicity, but there a few threads in the Land SubForum that are worth reading through.

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 10:44am

So if I understand correctly, the Guns are paid with Warship material and the concrete construction is paid as land/air units?

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 11:18am

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
So if I understand correctly, the Guns are paid with Warship material and the concrete construction is paid as land/air units?

Often guns installed are taken off old warships turned into razor blades. Here rules for scrapping are available.

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 6:26pm

Guns and armor are warship materials

At least, that's how I've done mine.

What I do is start a Springsharp of a ship with one turret of the type i'd like to install, armor it to my satisfaction, and note the weight of armament and armor the report gives me.

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 6:28pm

RE: Guns and armor are warship materials

Quoted

Originally posted by AdmKuznetsov
What I do is start a Springsharp of a ship with one turret of the type i'd like to install, armor it to my satisfaction, and note the weight of armament and armor the report gives me.

Better to look at Navweaps and see how much a turret of similar calibre weighs and use that weight instead. It'll include the internal gear instead of just bare guns and turret armour.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 7:00pm

RE: Guns and armor are warship materials

Quoted

Originally posted by AdmKuznetsov
At least, that's how I've done mine.

For turreted emplacements, I do as the Admiral does.

For concrete emplacements- most of mine, I just buy the gun.

In the case of some howitzers, I use a historic weapon of the same bore as that accounts for both the lower weight of a howitzer and included the turntable that peice had.

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 7:06pm

Hm

Quoted

Better to look at Navweaps and see how much a turret of similar calibre weighs and use that weight instead. It'll include the internal gear instead of just bare guns and turret armour.

Wouldn't his be accounted for when you select the "turret" option, as opposed to, say, "deck mount"?

if not, we're not accounting for it in our ships either.

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 7:11pm

In the ships its covered in Hull, Fittings and Equipment. As an example, the Italian 381/50 triple turret weighs 1570tons. SS gives the armament weight as 633tons and the armour weight as 382tons, for a total of 1015tons.

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 7:18pm

okay

Thanks for the info.

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 8:39pm

Thanks to all for the input.

BTW who controls Abu Musa Island?

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 9:33pm

I don't have the Wesworld map on this computer, but I take it that it is not shown?

I would guess it would then revert to history, which wiki says

Quoted

The island had been a part of Iran from antiquity until the early 20th century,[6] when Britain asserted control and administered it along with its other lands in the Persian Gulf, including what is today the UAE. In the late 1960s, Britain transferred administration of the island to the British-appointed Sharjah, one of seven sheikdoms that would join to become the UAE.

would be Britain.