You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, February 13th 2008, 5:02pm

Noticias desde Mexico 1935

Acapulco, sometime during the Summer

"Mr...Ortiz? Lithuanian?"

"I uh, my father was an umm Spanish Republican, he uh meet my mother on ah a trip to ah Riga."

"Ah ok, so if you would please sign here. Your planes are being loaded at this time. Twenty Mapaches right?"

"Yes very good planes, we ah umm need them, heavy fighting going on back home."

Carrier Cinco de Mayo , 200 miles of La Paz

"Teniente Rochas, congratulations! you are know carrier qualified"

(Bridge)

"Navigator make your course 170 speed 15 knots, we have a train to catch."

Acapulco RAMS Princess Vespa

"Careful! Now bring her down nice and easy. No! Yeah like that. now come over and give me a hand, we have to tie her down.

Captain, that was the last of the Mapaches, we are now ready to sail."

"Very well Chief, pass the word we sail at 4:30..."

(some time later)

"Rupert, those Mapaches are not going to Lithuania, right?"

"No Captain, they are headed some place else, just don't let anyone know."

Monday, February 18th 2008, 4:55pm

It's been a busy year for Mexico's Aeronautical companies.

July

The FAM has announced the purchase of a further 20 GW Type 105Mx fighters.

Also TNCA announced the sale of 40 A-1 Mapaches to a yet undisclosed European customer. Strangely the Mapaches are equiped with arresting hooks.

August

Azcarte has rolled out its latest aircraft. The B-23 Dragon as it is being called is an improved version of the B-1 Condor.

September

Not to be outdone TNCA announced not only two new fighters, but it has also sealed a deal with Gothia Works, were upon TNCA will become GWs American distributor. No information was released at this time concerning the new aircraft.

October

Strange pulsating noises have been reported over the skies of Hermosillo. The noises have only been heard at night and have sometimes been acompanied by what some eyewitnesses describe as a fire breathing dragon. When asked about it, FAM officials responded with a 'No comment'.

Meanwhile during the day, a strange aircraft has been seen following FAM DC-3s. When alone the strange plane is completely silent, contrasting with the fearful noises of its night counterpart.

December

The Armada de Mexico has announced the purchase of 40 Spartan SP-34 Cutlass fighters. These will replace the current Boeing F4B fighters which where shown to be totally outclassed during the recent Naval Excercise.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Desertfox" (Feb 18th 2008, 4:59pm)

Friday, February 22nd 2008, 6:08am

Somewhere in the Pacific

Carrier Cinco de Mayo

"There she is Capitan, 'bout 20 degreees from the port bow."

"Ah I see it now. What is that thing?"

"It's an autogyro, it was invented by some Iberian guy. The Iberians and Italians are pretty fond of them, and it seems the Australians too."

"Hmm, what's so interesting about it."

"Well they say that the newer ones can take off and land straight up. Rumors have it that the Australians are using theirs on cruisers without needing a catapult."

"Here it comes, looks like a Colibri (hummingbird), don't you think? Oh and make sure the Ausssie finds his way to the bridge."

"Welcome aboard Luitenant, what can we do for you today?"

"M wanted to conduct the transfer without radios."

"Sensible man he is, what plane are you going to use for it."

"We have a pair of Lockheed Orions, we should be able to do the transfer in three to four flights. Can she handle an Orion?"

"It shouldn't be a problem..."

Friday, February 22nd 2008, 6:15am

Canada's been operating their Gyrodynes from the Manitobas and Labradors for a few months as well, Dfox.

Friday, February 22nd 2008, 6:47am

Atlantis has been toying with the idea of autogyros, but no production models have been created, yet.

I'm reluctant to jump onto the bandwagon.

Friday, February 22nd 2008, 6:49am

You've got blimps instead, though. Probably better for ASW work, at least for the moment.

Friday, February 22nd 2008, 6:50am

Ironically enough, they are also good for scouting and sea rescue.

Monday, February 25th 2008, 2:14am

November

A motion picture team filming a movie on the 'Centauro del Norte' caught a short video of a strange aircraft over the skies of Sonora. The plane was seen in the early hours before dawn and is beleived to be the 'fire breathing dragon'reported elsewhere.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Desertfox" (Feb 25th 2008, 2:15am)

Monday, February 25th 2008, 4:45am

An early V-1 clone?

Monday, February 25th 2008, 5:11am

either that, or a flying Fhilipino.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Monday, February 25th 2008, 5:20am

Can't be a V-1 clone, nowhere near 1941.

The silent prop plane is doable eventually, the US Air Force developed one after a great deal of effort in the 1960s. Alternately it's a glider.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (Feb 25th 2008, 5:20am)

Monday, February 25th 2008, 5:36am

Glider with RATO

Monday, February 25th 2008, 12:52pm

I'd be pretty sure its a V-1 as nothing else has quite the same flame or noise as pulsejet. With engines off it just acts as a glider.

Monday, February 25th 2008, 4:33pm

Well, the anmination name is "buzz" so that should indicate what it is. Also when looking close, you can see the engine on top.

... and as Kirk said "nowhere near 1941."

Monday, February 25th 2008, 4:37pm

Agreed on the "nowhere near 1941".

Monday, February 25th 2008, 5:07pm

Hmm, is someone trying to envoke the 5 year rule on flying bombs?

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Monday, February 25th 2008, 7:35pm

Given that it's 1935, it wouldn't even make it with the 5 year rule.

But since the 5 year rule was to accomodate people's desires to explore advanced prop planes, and I believe it's been discussed that it doesn't apply to jets, I don't see how it can be a V-1 Clone, so it should be something different.

Monday, February 25th 2008, 7:37pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk
Given that it's 1935, it wouldn't even make it with the 5 year rule.

But since the 5 year rule was to accomodate people's desires to explore advanced prop planes, and I believe it's been discussed that it doesn't apply to jets, I don't see how it can be a V-1 Clone, so it should be something different.

He doesn't know Foxy very well, does he? :D

Monday, February 25th 2008, 7:48pm

Quoted

He doesn't know Foxy very well, does he? :D

Apparently not. :)
Of course, that does not mean he's the only one doing it. ^_^

Monday, February 25th 2008, 7:54pm

Walter, Walter, Walter, why am I not surprised that the WW Japan and the Nverse Japan are both tagalongs w/ DF?