You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, February 9th 2008, 10:06pm

With due respect to the Persian ambassador, the threat of cut of is NOT toothless, however, it is the response that the League will get if only Poland is occupied and not Lithuania as well. If Lithuania cannot control its own people, then its sovereignty as a nation is questionable. However Romania welcomes the support from the Persian delegate for a peaceful resolution, something we have wished for all along, and which cannot be said of other nations such as ATLANTIS

Saturday, February 9th 2008, 10:08pm

OOC well you did propose the end to hostilities, and I think we all have to agree on this proposal, so until everyone agrees, the League is at a deadlock.

Saturday, February 9th 2008, 10:36pm

OOC: perhaps if the Romanians decide to refrain from focusing on the FAR objections and recognise that other nations are pissed at Poland too, we might get some agreement.

IC: Thomas Krithia scoffed at the Romanian ambassadors toothless threats of war, yet refrained from retorting on the matter. "Thats a matter for the generals to mull over" he thought to himself knowing full well the weak possition the Romanians were in.

"We agree with the Persian ambassador, an imediate ceasefire along with complete withdrawel by Polish forces is seen as a nessassary first step to resolving a crisis, to which Romania is more concerned about further inflaming with continued accusations and hollow threats rather than solving.

Now returning to the relevant issues, we agree to the Persian 6 point preposal

1. Immediate ceasefire

2. Authorizing a LoN Task Force that excludes FAR and PRJ nations, and I must make note of the fact that the point of exclusion was an Atlantean preposal for the sake of our Romanian counterpart.

3. Withdrawal of all foreign troops in Lithuania

4. Peace talks to begin as soon as the cease fire is in effect

5. The Wilno Republic to be under LoN administration for the duration of the talks

6. The Wilno repblic forces to put their arms under LoN control for the duration of the talks

Given the lack of co-operation from Romania and Poland we feel that once these goals have been achieved we can then investigate the events leading up to the Wilno insurection and take apropriate steps to punish the relevant party's. We see no reason to punish the Lithuanians any further given the fact that they broke no agreements by defending their homeland from the lawless internal agression instigated by one nation and sanctioned by another.

Now if the Romanians are no longer intent on stalling this discussion perhaps we may be able to vote on this preposal?

Saturday, February 9th 2008, 10:39pm

India needs clarification of point two of the proposal. Will Lon troops stationed in both countries? Are going to be imposed limits in the Polish military?

OOC: must likely it will be around the 15th-16th of July in WW time by now.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Feb 9th 2008, 10:51pm)

Saturday, February 9th 2008, 10:40pm

"Bulgaria seconds the Atlantean motion to vote on the Persian Proposal."

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Brockpaine" (Feb 9th 2008, 10:41pm)

Saturday, February 9th 2008, 10:47pm

Romania has already given its approval towards the 6 point Persian proposal. It has also mentioned its willingness to provide non-interventionary support to the LoN Task Force, comprising all the oil it needs as well as free passage to Bulgarian, Turkish, or Greek units wishing to particpate in the LoN Task Force, as well as 10000 army blankets to be distributed to the refugees. Votes yes.

Regarding the threat of oil sanctions against LoN members, it reaffirms that such actions would only take place if it sees and unjust occupation of Poland, and it replies that Atlantis started this whole debate on guilt by declaring the Poles to be at fault while remaining blind to the Lithuanians disregard for for peaceful compromise.

Saturday, February 9th 2008, 10:50pm

Romanian government need their eyes checked.

Quoted

However, the acceptance of the Wilno Republic of a peaceful resolution, and the aggression of the Lithuanians proves that no matter who started this, when it comes to a peaceful compromise, the Lithuanians are both aggressors and instigators in this matter and should be held in equal guilt with the Poles.!!!

FM Laval replies:

"It is an interesting form of aggression which takes place entirely within the 'aggressors' borders, in response to, as far as the LoN knows, an armed rebellion that has no justification whatever.

Quoted

Should you continue in this matter of Polish aggression, and try to force a League occupation of Poland you may be handed a declaration of WAR!!!

"My communications with my Russian counterpart Litvinov indicate that the Russian government considers the Polish invasion of Lithuania exactly that, to which they are responding with commendable restraint. So if my Romanian colleague is under the impression that the Russian government fears war with Poland, he should disabuse himself of that erroneous notion immediately."

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "AdmKuznetsov" (Feb 9th 2008, 11:23pm)

Saturday, February 9th 2008, 10:56pm

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
India needs clarification of point two of the proposal. Will Lon troops stationed in both countries? Are going to be imposed limits in the Polish military?

The Persian intentions was to have LoN troops only in the so called Vilno Republic but that is up to the LoN to decide

Saturday, February 9th 2008, 10:57pm

Romania replies that until such time as the league proves that Poland was in the wrong it will continue to defend it so further arguement is unnecessary at this time. Should nations discontinue with their hostile comments aimed at Poland and Romania, then Romania will quit responding, and aggravating tensions further. It waits for the rest of the nations present to vote aye, or nay on the Persian proposal, and notes it is the first to vote aye, confirming its wish for peaceful resolution.

Saturday, February 9th 2008, 11:36pm

Quoted

I disagree, this discussion in the league would not go on for that long. Its the 14th at the very latest.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 12:09am

Staatssecretaris of Foreign Affairs, Frank Reuter, Netherlands delegate :

The Netherlands votes against the Persian proposal, as currently presented. (1) All invading foreign troops should be withdrawn and Lithuania allowed to place it's house in order.

Gaston François Marie, Viscount Eyskens, Belgian delegate :

Belgium votes yes, we feel this is the best outcome at this time. (2)

Baron Édouard de Blochausen, Luxembourgian delegate :

Luxembourg votes yes.

(1) Really more a matter of precedent than anything else. French intervention in 1831 allowed Belgium to break away, and there is potential for similar "intervention" to cause problems in SE Asia.
(2) Belgium and Luxembourg concerns are far more along the lines of the principle it not being acceptable for large countries to either invade or intervene in the internal affairs of small countries adjacent.

OOC: I must say, I find Rumania's position quite odd. She is very vulnerable to exactly the same situation in Transylvania, and the Hungarians most certainly want their land back.

Also, I'm now happier that I ran out of time to do my August-Sept-Nov news last weekend :)

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 12:10am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin

Quoted

I disagree, this discussion in the league would not go on for that long. Its the 14th at the very latest.

I disagree. No ambassador make this decisions before consulting with their home countries. In 1935 this takes most likley the use of telegraph or radio thru secure channels. That will take time to decipher, take to the authorities that made policy, put in code again and delivered to the representatives in the League. That takes time (hours and maybe more), India to Geneva for example. 16th of July seems to me like a generous date for it. In real life we should have real world before the League could even decide to vote on the matter.

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 12:16am

OOC reply to Kaiser Kirk go read my news post.

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 12:20am

We've already progressed 3 days from the Polish attack into Lithuania. I think thats a wee bit fast. Also Ambassadors are given a certain amount of leeway in what they can accept and what they cannot so only in extreme cercumstances would they need to contact their governmenmts. Most of the debating has been fingerpointing anyway....

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 12:25am

OOC, I'm surprised we haven't seen the post "The Russian 1st through 92nd Infantry Divisions crossed the border into Poland today to support Lithuania..." followed by "PRJ declares war" then "FAR declares war"... :P

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 12:37am

OOC Romania would probably hang Poland out to dry in that case unless they cross my border as well, despite the "big talk"

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 12:45am

Quoted

Originally posted by TheCanadian
OOC Romania would probably hang Poland out to dry in that case unless they cross my border as well, despite the "big talk"

OOC: probably a good idea on Romania's part. If FAR was fighting the PRJ, Bulgaria would be in a very touchy situation for awhile. If I felt like playing a dangerous game, I'd invite in the Atlantean and Byzantine armies to join me on Romania's southern and Yugoslavia's eastern border, and mine the Black Sea coast of Romania... realistically I doubt I could survive long as a neutral due to my position. And against FAR, the PRJ doesn't really stand a chance without German or Italian support... hello WWII! This is why Bulgaria is lobbying hard to rein in the Lithuanian dispute before the alliances get put into play. Even though she'd be on the most likely winning side, which would get her the most profit, Bulgaria would still get bombed, marched over, and sunk into war debt.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Brockpaine" (Feb 10th 2008, 12:47am)

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 12:47am

Quoted

Ah safe and sane. :)

Question- since the Little Entente treaty between the Czechs, Rumanians and Yugoslavians was in force in 1920-21, it should exist in Wesworld? Did France, as historic, make deals with each country? Or did she forego that due to a viable Russia?

Edit : Answered my own question by actually *gasp* reading... France signed the deals in 1924, 26, 27 OTL, well into WW timeline, so no.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (Feb 10th 2008, 12:49am)

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 12:51am

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk

Quoted

Ah safe and sane. :)

Question- since the Little Entente treaty between the Czechs, Rumanians and Yugoslavians was in force in 1920-21, it should exist in Wesworld? Did France, as historic, make deals with each country? Or did she forego that due to a viable Russia?

Kirk answered himself.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Feb 10th 2008, 12:52am)

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 12:52am

OOC thats exactly what im thinking. Romania's not going to get in a two front war thats potenially suicidal, unless Germany, Italy, and SATSUMA all decide to keep FAR busy, and somehow I don't see that happening. PRJ is strong against a minor power (like you Brock), but against ANY great power is almost guarnteed to lose. And if the Russians invade Poland, and I do nothing (which I plan to do), and then declare war on me I can go crying to the LoN for "unprovoked Russian aggression."

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheCanadian" (Feb 10th 2008, 12:54am)