You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, October 13th 2007, 3:48am

Participation

I'm just curious, why so many are AWOL at present.
We've heard little from quite a few on the board and its slowing things down terribly.

Aside from Swampy, Canis and Gavin I'm unaware of any issues with other players.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Saturday, October 13th 2007, 11:34am

CG seems to have left us due to frustration. Or at least I haven´t heard from him for a while and he didn´t answer my email. Or am I wrong?

EDIT: Murphy all over the place. Just got an eMail from Mac... To quote him: "I was trying to get caught up, but work has got in the way again"

Saturday, October 13th 2007, 11:43am

Hmm... I just noticed that my last post was on 27.09.2007 at 20:48... that's sixteen days ago. Quite a long time ago that is. ^_^;;
Ah well, that's the problem when ones mind is empty. I managed to create a few Navalism things but for the rest, it's empty so I can't think of something interesting to post on the board. One alternative is to post some designs but I thought it's a bit too early to post them now. The other alternative is to reply to other posts, but if I can't think of anything to useful to say, what use is there to reply to someone else's post.

... of course I could start to talk about all kind of nonsense as a reply that has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of the post but who knows how far off topic we would end up then. :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Oct 13th 2007, 11:43am)

Saturday, October 13th 2007, 12:28pm

To be honest Walter you've been quiet since the failed treaty talks except for the usual slapstick posts :)

I've just noticed quite a few news report posts that have had many views but no reply's so Hoo's concern that his news reports seem to be egnored isn't just an isolated case it seems.

Hell even if we are just posting some designs that have nothing to do with Wesworld, thats fine with me, at least it livens things up.

Perhaps we need new players as well?

Saturday, October 13th 2007, 12:42pm

As far as new players go, there aren't that many open spots left, are there?

Wearing my Germany hat, I'd love to see more political commentary/discussion/etc coming out of the major powers after the San Francisco talks, since that would give me more of an idea of what's going through the minds of those major powers. Great Britain, for instance, would be of prime interest to Germany, but France, Russia, Italy, the US, Atlantis, Japan, Nordmark, Iberia, and even South Africa would be interesting. The South American war is interesting in it's own right, but as long as it doesn't spread it's not a direct concern. But what's going on within and between the great alliances? Are there strains within NATO? Are SATSUMA and AANM looking at an alliance to counterbalance NATO? Does FAR still exist, with the rise of NATO? Has the Germany-Nordmark treaty of alliance made anyone nervous? What's going on with the Italian change of government? Etc. All that would be interesting from my perspective.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Hrolf Hakonson" (Oct 13th 2007, 1:39pm)

Saturday, October 13th 2007, 1:05pm

I guess that San Fransisco was what finally pushed me over the edge and into oblivion when it comes to news... and of course there's the war I'm involved with over at Navalism which also seems to have a negative effect on my abilities to create news (and also on how to react on the nastiness in South America). So I guess I have to blame Desertfox for that. New Switzerland is falling apart and yet they keep on fighting with the five nations that are at war with his New Switzerland at the moment.

Australia = Evil
Mexico = Evil
New Switzerland = Evil

Conclusion
Desertfox = Evil
:D

I might post the designs now. I considered Q1 to be a bit too early, but we're slowly moving into Q2 now...

Saturday, October 13th 2007, 1:13pm

Good points Hrolf. I've been somewhat lazy myself in reguards to posting news that Germany and others may find relevant. I suppose I can chalk that up to real life as well thanks to long hours at work. As you said though, other nations have been awefully silent in reguards to the fall of the Cleito treaty and the failure to set up a new one at San Francisco.

As for playable nations we do have Bulgaria, Iran (Persia) and Colombia available, for the right players. With the exception of Colombia the others have had players who have since been quite scarce or have disappeared all together.

While Perdedor seems to have plenty of time taking care of the remaining nations of interest I'd think it would be prefereable to get some players for some of them.

Speaking of Navalism, does it still have the same link?

Saturday, October 13th 2007, 1:26pm

Not sure which one you have... just in case its:
http://www.navalism.org/index.php

Saturday, October 13th 2007, 6:01pm

I just can't wrap my head around any kind of story material for Chile since the ending of the War. Perhaps I ran out of ideas or my creative side has waned a bit of late.

Navalism has also taken a bit of my time, but not so much as to not be able to think at all. That said I've had a hard time coming up for story material for my own nation there as well. (retelling "Blazing Saddles" as a news parody doesn't quite count as being creative).

Sunday, October 14th 2007, 6:01am

College is very time consuming, that the N-Verse war, and the lack of new ships for Oz and Mexico means I haven't been around alot. Which reminds me that I have to finish that friggin race. Talk about suspense. Hopefully I should have some time tomorrow.

Quoted

and of course there's the war I'm involved with over at Navalism which also seems to have a negative effect on my abilities to create news ...So I guess I have to blame Desertfox for that.
I did recommend you to stay out of it. ;) Ain't my problem you choose to disregard my valuable advice, giving Ithekro even more work. :D

Quoted

New Switzerland is falling apart and yet they keep on fighting with the five nations that are at war with his New Switzerland at the moment.
In the meantime I've finished off the DKB navy, driven the Austrians from the Pacific, sank more ships than all the WWI combatants put together, and sank more Japanese ships than they lost in the Russo-Japanese War. Not bad for a nation most people thought would be defeated in three months.

Speaking of which, WW Oz and Mexico ARE more Evil than N-Verse NS! :P

Quoted

I've just noticed quite a few news report posts that have had many views but no reply's so Hoo's concern that his news reports seem to be egnored isn't just an isolated case it seems.
I think its because most of us are waiting for more information, monthly news reports from the belligrent nations would be nice.

Sunday, October 14th 2007, 7:03am

Speaking of which, do you guys have a simple and breif timeline of events in the current war? So far I see Japan/Brandenburg vs New swiss?

It also seems that your battles are scripted in turns and losses are determined by the attacking player along with some nuetral referee? Seems like an awefull lot of merchant ships were captured/sunk in the Blue/Black Ice operations.

Sunday, October 14th 2007, 11:55am

Quoted

I did recommend you to stay out of it.

I don't know where you got that idea from. You only started with a recommendation after I mentioned the Bribe from the DKB, which was after I got involved in the war. Also, the only recommendation that you made was that I should *BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP* (censored due to containing sensitive security information) but I had doubts about that, wondering if that truly was the right way to go.

Quoted

Ain't my problem you choose to disregard my valuable advice, giving Ithekro even more work.

According to an independent source, it is the unwavering Swiss overconfidence that causes even more work. :)

Quoted

Not bad for a nation most people thought would be defeated in three months.

I talked about it with an anonymous observer. He wondered why and how the Swiss could hold out against the 5 nations arrayed against them. That it was almost like someone wanted them to win the war.
Another anonymous source stated that you lost 80+ warships so far which is twice as much as the DKB. Problem for the DKB is that despite losing only half the number of ships that NS lost, they incude 4 battleships and 4 armored cruisers. NS lost quite a few DDs due to banzai tactics in order to launch their torpedoes at enemy ships so no doubt that tonnage-wise, the DKB lost more than NS.

Quoted

Speaking of which, WW Oz and Mexico ARE more Evil than N-Verse NS!

Considdering that you tried to *BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP* (censored due to containing sensitive security information) in order to swing the war into your favor, I would actually rate NS as the more evil nation of the three.

Quoted

Speaking of which, do you guys have a simple and breif timeline of events in the current war?

Don't think we have. It's all spread out among various post, but I think that it might be an idea to make something like that.

Quoted

So far I see Japan/Brandenburg vs New swiss?

The war is Middle Kingdom/Netherlands/Habsburg/Brandenburg/Japan vs. New Switzerland

Quoted

It also seems that your battles are scripted in turns and losses are determined by the attacking player along with some nuetral referee?

We make the orders for our units. P3D and Ithekro are the two referees who work with that information and create the battles that might ensue between the allies and the Swiss. It works but it is quite time consuming and I think that it pushes P3D and Ithekro to the brink of insanity.

Quoted

Seems like an awefull lot of merchant ships were captured/sunk in the Blue/Black Ice operations.

I guess that's what you get when you send out a larger raiding party to take on merchant shipping. :)

Sunday, October 14th 2007, 1:25pm

You mean you have a player whos nation is involved in the conflict as a ref? Wouldn't that be a conflict of interest?

Anyhoo hopefully the conflict doesn't spill into Wesworld IC interaction.

Sunday, October 14th 2007, 2:01pm

Quoted

You mean you have a player whos nation is involved in the conflict as a ref? Wouldn't that be a conflict of interest?

Ithekro controls Rohan and P3D controls Orange. Neither nation is involved in the conflict.

Sunday, October 14th 2007, 6:05pm

Hmm that timeline is a good idea. I'll see if I can do one.

Quoted

Another anonymous source stated that you lost 80+ warships so far which is twice as much as the DKB. Problem for the DKB is that despite losing only half the number of ships that NS lost, they incude 4 battleships and 4 armored cruisers. NS lost quite a few DDs due to banzai tactics in order to launch their torpedoes at enemy ships so no doubt that tonnage-wise, the DKB lost more than NS.
Tis only a scratch, well maybe a flesh wound. :D

Quoted

Considdering that you tried to *BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP* (censored due to containing sensitive security information) in order to swing the war into your favor, I would actually rate NS as the more evil nation of the three.
Ah but NS doesn't have the Killer Rabbit, or Civilian Aircraft Carriers (unfortunately). And if you only knew what has gone on in WW backchambers...well you do know some of them (Hosho...) :D

Sunday, October 14th 2007, 9:16pm

I've had term restart on me, so I've just had the craziest 2 weeks of the year. will get better.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Tuesday, October 16th 2007, 3:02am

For me it's just been one thing after another since the Summer. Things got botched at work, and I had to try to figure out how to fix the mistakes, which tapped me out, but makes a $200,000+ difference in profits. Then I went on vacation, came back, dealt with jet lag, was a proud owner of the stomach flu, and am finally back to a normal schedule- so I'm catching up with bills/gardening/cleaning/- stuff. I check in when I can, and am almost back to participating / writing.

edit : In this case, I pop on the site several times a week to check PMs, and saw the "participation" ... so answered.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (Oct 16th 2007, 3:51am)

Tuesday, October 16th 2007, 1:47pm

Quoted

I'm just curious, why so many are AWOL at present.

sorry, work/health/life/family/time management problems. - I broke my pda.

I'll endeavour to do better.

Cheers,

Tuesday, October 16th 2007, 5:39pm

No worry's Roger, I'm aware that along with Stuart you guys have a family life to take care of. I was just curious as to why the boards were so deathly silent the last few weeks.

Thursday, October 18th 2007, 8:04pm

I was just gone for a week - impromptu family requirement.

But other than that, Canada doesn't really have anything newsworthy at the moment. Canada is mostly reactionary (as opposed to proactively sending troops and ships around to start small wars and whatnot... :P), and even then most of my reactions tend to wait until I see where the Senior Partners are leaning towards.

I should have some White Star news soon, but other than that it's mostly just shipbuilding and wacky R&D.