You are not logged in.

Wednesday, June 13th 2007, 4:00pm

Yugoslavian News and Events Q3/34

September 22nd 1934- It was announced today a contract has being given to the nation of Nordmark for the construction of a coastal battleship to according the sources "help defend our territorial waters against foreign threats."

Also they stated that funds were being allocated for the purchase of 10 to 20 motor boats from the nation of Atlantis later on the year and according to the same source "to increase the capabilities of our patrol forces."

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Jun 13th 2007, 4:06pm)

Wednesday, June 13th 2007, 7:32pm

Wont the Italians be glad?! :D

Wednesday, June 13th 2007, 8:08pm

I reckon the Yugoslav navy could survive a few hours before being sunk by Italian SM.79s

Wednesday, June 13th 2007, 8:28pm

As I recall from Halpren...

The Italian side of the Adriatic is quite a lot murkier than the Yugoslav side.

Get to work on a sub fleet, Perdedor...

And coast artillery/mines/land-based air would probably be more survivable for defending the Yugoslav side.

What I do for coast artillery is design a ship carrying only one turret, with a barbette, the number/caliber of guns I want, and the armor I want. I then take the armament/armor weight as the warship materials needed for the installation.

The rest is pretty much reinforced concrete (i.e. not warship materials)

Wednesday, June 13th 2007, 8:49pm

Quoted

What I do for coast artillery is design a ship carrying only one turret, with a barbette, the number/caliber of guns I want, and the armor I want. I then take the armament/armor weight as the warship materials needed for the installation.

Its probably better to take the weights for the turrets from Navweaps as SS massively underestimates them.

Wednesday, June 13th 2007, 10:09pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral

Quoted

Its probably better to take the weights for the turrets from Navweaps as SS massively underestimates them.

For that to work, you'd have to be using a historical mounting.

Thursday, June 14th 2007, 7:33pm

You can extrapolate and round to get a value for a non-historical mount.

Friday, June 15th 2007, 10:38pm

September 27th 1934- The Ministry of war announced today a deal was reached today with the German aeronautical company Dornitz for the delivery of an unknown quantity of their Do-17 bombers with the Bramo 323 engine. The delivery date is unknown at this time also but is expected to be around the early months of next year.

It was also announced in a further example of the growing relationship between our nation and Poland that 40 brand new PZL P11c will be delivered also early next year and also 40 C-5 Aguila Mexican fighters will arrive around the middle of next year.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Jun 15th 2007, 10:43pm)