You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, February 20th 2007, 1:37pm

Signing off...

Folks, it's been a good four years or so, but it's time for me to move on, so I'm resigning as a player. I thank you all for the friendship, and expect I will see you elsewhere in due course.

I recognize the timing of this is a bit inconvenient, given the shit-storm I started yesterday, so feel free to "ret-con" that out of existence if you deem it necessary.

Thanks again,

Jason

Tuesday, February 20th 2007, 2:08pm

Eeep! That's an unwelcome surprise to find this morning, Jason.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, February 20th 2007, 2:17pm

What the......?!?!

That really is a nasty surprise!

Tuesday, February 20th 2007, 2:18pm

Wow, it seems a sudden departure. 8o

I'll certainly miss your ability to get to the crux of any strategical arguement and your attention to detail was something I always enjoyed about your posts.

Tuesday, February 20th 2007, 2:39pm

........SPEECHLESS!!!!

Tuesday, February 20th 2007, 2:41pm

Awww, dammit. :/ Things won't be the same around here without you, sir.

I understand your desire to move on, but I hope you'll stay around to at least chat and critique.

Tuesday, February 20th 2007, 2:47pm

Really sorry to hear this, Rocky...

May God bless you in whatever you move on to.

Tuesday, February 20th 2007, 3:20pm

Rocky!!!

Now who can I start an arm race with?

Tuesday, February 20th 2007, 5:19pm

Rats, just as I was beginning to iron out a few centuries of wrinkles in Anglo-Indian relationships. Wasn't I?

You'll be missed, Rocky.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Tuesday, February 20th 2007, 5:24pm

Here I was hoping you'd reconsidered. However, thank you for all the good work and storylines, you've been a solid part of this, and I wish you well.

Be well,
Kirk

Tuesday, February 20th 2007, 5:45pm

Bummer. We'll miss you I'm sure.

Tuesday, February 20th 2007, 6:02pm

I appreciate all your kind words.

Although I do not want to draw this out, I see that questions about why I'm leaving are now arising, and feel I should nip any potential conflicts in the bud.

To be perfectly honest, I felt the sim was starting to cut into my quality of life. Not enough time spent interacting with Val, not enough spent improving my home and my farm. I was spending too much time on nitpicking ships and drawings, worrying and thinking about news and plans too often. Last week, interactions in a different sim actually stressed me out enough that I had an honest-to-God anxiety attack on my bus ride home from work. It scared the shit out of me.

(And yes, I'm withdrawing from that sim, too, just haven't gotten over there to let them know.)

I anticipate further opportunities for stress here: treaty negotiations, arguments about technology and rules, in-game posturing. And I'm very reluctant to accept that knowing now how I may react to it.

Besides, I'm feeling I've pretty much done what I can with India. I was planning mid-life refits for ships I built in-sim - it's been fourteen sim years, guys. And there's no real scope for internal growth or friendly amalgamations, and I don't have the patience or interest in more wars. So I was looking at more time as an eleven factory power amongst a lot of twenty to thirty factory powers in my neighbourhood. Didn't sound appealing.

So: time to pack it in and do something different. I may get back to writing fiction; I may also come back in a non-player fashion to pick apart Hood's capital ship plans from time to time. I don't know yet. All I know for certain is that I'm taking a long break, and y'all should consider India available for a player you think right for it.

Feel free to email and chat if you want, I believe I have a link in my profile. Always happy to write one-on-one.

Ciao...

J

PS: Foxy, you'd've been disappointed with my idea of an arms race: sloops and light cruisers.

Tuesday, February 20th 2007, 6:26pm

Wow, Rocky...

but I fully understand and concur. Real Life is far more important. I've chosen to deal with the same sort of issues by cutting back on news, etc, but its your judgement call and I won't second-guess you.

Its been really fun dealing with you, on a lot of issues. Drop by now and again.

Tuesday, February 20th 2007, 6:41pm

We'll miss you for sure. Ships with stories behind each one, cant beat that. Be sure to drop by and present your designs.

I love sloops and CL, such a race would be right in my ballpark, alas..

Adios.

Tuesday, February 20th 2007, 7:37pm

Wow, a shock to be sure, though as others say real life takes precedence not to mention your health!
It's been a pleasure dealing with you and I'll miss your detailed reports and news posts.

Take care Jason.

Tuesday, February 20th 2007, 8:39pm

To your health, sir. Sorry to see you leave (in both worlds I'm assuming).

I actually find the stress here better than the stress at work as it distracts me from the everyday problems we have there. Though the aggrivation of powergaming does get on my nerves from time to time. Chile might have large cruisers, but they are really expensive and shouldn't engage capital ship...In contrast Rohan has powerful warships, but they are slow and the nation has no fortifications, but a speedy army. (barely keeping it functioning on an economy the size of India's).

So hopefully you can come in from time to time to impart a story or two into the NPC realm or even for PC countries.

Tuesday, February 20th 2007, 10:20pm

"Na Zdoroviye"

Seems like you're going through somewhat like what happened to me last spring and caused me to bail then...all stress, no fun.

Perhaps in time you'll feel up to returning, but if not, no sweat, better to take care of youself. :)

Tuesday, February 20th 2007, 10:53pm

Fair winds and following seas...we'll make sure to feed the tigers.

Wednesday, February 21st 2007, 3:11am

: (

I know how you feel. I've been at the alt+ctrl+del stage myself on several occasions. Of all the nations of wesworld I'd regard India as the most 'authentic'. Jason, that's a credit to your efforts and creativity and at 3500+ posts shows what a shame it is to walk away.

Personally, I'd take six months off. No shame in being behind, hey I'm 4 Q reports behind and rarely post any news or participate. I just struggle with the bare minimum but at least other here let me do that.

Cheers,

Wednesday, February 21st 2007, 8:31pm

wow what a subject for my 1000th post. Have a good one Rocky and don't be a stranger!