You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, May 26th 2006, 3:05pm

Poland news Q1,1931

In his speach Marshal Kustrzeba have anouced the purches of license from Germany to manufacture new 283mm guns.

New fighter for the army the PZL P.7 have enterd flight test.

Gdansk shipyards have anouced it expansion plans a currently largest drydock will be lengten by 50 meters.

Friday, May 26th 2006, 11:56pm

"So I seas anser that and stay fashionable"
"Cut the chatter.Open the bomb bay doors"
The large and slow fokker F.VII/3m droped its payload a 1000kg bomb.The idea behind this particular test was to find out if it was posible to hit a muving target namly a warship.
It was the eleventh day of testing.
27 difrent planes did 219 sorties droping over 1000 bomds of combined payload of 54124 kg.And so far only six hit a target.All droped by a PWS 15 fighter making a by divebombing.
This have led all of Fleet Air Arm officers to belive that only by dive bombings can a ship be hit by a arial bomb.

On 10.III.1931 a order is issued to develop a dive bomber capeble to deliver a 500 kg bomb. All other specifications are secondary.

Saturday, May 27th 2006, 12:39am

Isn't 500kg rather big for the period? Why not try adapting a 254mm AP shell instead for a 250kg weapon like the Italians did. It was quite succesful, but near misses didn't cause enough damage. More likely to hit with more weapons however.

Saturday, May 27th 2006, 1:20am

If a aircraft project s started in 1931 it will be finnished in 1934.
Historical PZL Karas carried 6 100kg bombs currently used Potez 25 carried 500kg bomb so 500kg is not that much.

Besides military types ask for stupid things all the time and only sometimes they get what they want.
Russian planes usualy ended up underpreforming relative to expectations and still russian with those aircrafts manege to single handly defeted Airforces of Luftwaffe romanian airforce hungarian airforce Finnish airforce.

Saturday, May 27th 2006, 11:02am

Quoted

Besides military types ask for stupid things all the time and only sometimes they get what they want.
Russian planes usualy ended up underpreforming relative to expectations and still russian with those aircrafts manege to single handly defeted Airforces of Luftwaffe romanian airforce hungarian airforce Finnish airforce.

My personal favourite is the specification for the 8"/50 guns mounted on the County-class. The specification asked for 12rpm, which is basically impossible and only came about 50 years later.

Regards to Russian planes, having about 4-5 times as many aircraft tends to help things.

Saturday, May 27th 2006, 11:05am

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral
Regards to Russian planes, having about 4-5 times as many aircraft tends to help things.

The dreaded N2 rule. The Russians also benifited with tanks via this rule.

Saturday, May 27th 2006, 5:02pm

Well russians benifited from quality AND quantity.
Germans tryed to win with quality.
So germans tanks had a advantege in quality but as soon as a IS-2 showed its head over a hill tigers and panthers went down a drain.

But a 500kg bomb on a divebomber request is not out of line with what polish military wanted in the period.
My PZL P.23 karas will have airbrakes and will generaly be capeble of dive bombings.

Saturday, May 27th 2006, 5:15pm

500kg bomb on a fighter is quite a lot for the period but probably possible.

IS-2 wasn't that great. Took ages to load the main gun and not enough ammunition. I'll take the Centurion A41 anyday. The German tanks were over-engineered, complex and too heavy. The E-series were too late to combat this problem.

Saturday, May 27th 2006, 9:31pm

Its often been speculated that had Germany stuck with the Panzer IV production it would have made a huge difference in the war effort...but we are getting a wee bit off topic now.

Sunday, May 28th 2006, 11:05am

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral
500kg bomb on a fighter is quite a lot for the period but probably possible.

What fighter?
Im not puting bombs on my fighters.

PZL P.23 Karaś

In RL it had crew of 3 and 600kg bombs

And IS-2 was great.
It was the best tank of its time.
A breakthru tank without equal.
If Im going too attack enemys fortifications I rether be in a IS-2 that in any other tank.(well I rather be 3 km away in the HQ but thats besides the point ^_^ )

Sunday, May 28th 2006, 11:41am

Attack of the ugly!

Unfortunately none of the Polish designs of this period can be called beautiful. You probably need this;

Sunday, May 28th 2006, 11:58am

I'd say the PZL P.23 Karaœ wasn't any uglier than the Westland Lysander, Focke Wulf Fw 189 Uhu, Farman F.221 or NC.223, Bloch MB.200 or worse the Amiot 143.

I will admit however it seems the Poles were going strictly for function over form with their aircraft.

Sunday, May 28th 2006, 12:11pm

If it looks right, it flies right.

The French interwar bombers probably were the worst.

Sunday, May 28th 2006, 12:40pm

Heh, they look like someone took an airship gondola and straped it to a pencil with wings.

Sunday, May 28th 2006, 2:01pm

ugly? Ugly?!?

Beautiful.

Actualy function over form is my way of thinking.
And Yes some may say that polish designs(from planes thru cars to ovens)are not the best looking polish styling tend to be simple.

Im trying to design(draw) my own aircrafts.
As poland nevermade any monoplane fighters I nead to make my own design.
On the to do list are:
Monoplane single radial engine fighter to replace PZL P.11
Monoplane single radial Engine divebomber with retracteble gear to relace Karas.
Four engine long range bomber.

What I have are twin engine medium bomber and twin engine attack aircraft.

Sunday, May 28th 2006, 3:08pm

Using planebuilder and drawing your own aircraft is simple enough when you get used to it. This is my personal favourite at the moment.

Sunday, May 28th 2006, 4:17pm

The PZL P.23 may be ugly but at least its safe.
The PZL LWS.6 Zubr bomber of 1936 suffered from a very weak fuselage. The cracks were patched over with planks of wood. Did it hold...nope it fell apart while carrying Romanian officals wishing to buy the type. The improved version was properly strengthened, only to find it now weighed so much it couldn't carry any bombs. The retraction motors were so weak that the undercarriage had to be locked down all the time. On top of all that it was really ugly!

Sunday, May 28th 2006, 5:05pm

Yup only good thing about Zubr was its name.
On the other hand it competitor the PZL Los was a great aircraft

This my first some what original design.
A dive bomber of 1939 vantage.

Tuesday, June 6th 2006, 11:56pm

In Koszalin naval research facility a prototype of a black powder powered catapult was tested.
A modifide Lublin XIIIter was launched from it the test resulted in destruction of the test aircraft.
The crush was cosed by to low speed of the aircraft fallowing its realese from the catapult.
The proir test have showed the catapult is able to propeled the mass of the aircraft to the desired 100km/h.
technicas say that the higher canter of gavity and large drag of the aircraft comered to the sand bags used in earlier tests was the cose.
Work is contiued the program head designer say that the catapult will be ready for fitting on the up coming Pomocik class ship.

Friday, June 9th 2006, 5:57pm

Quoted

IS-2 wasn't that great. Took ages to load the main gun and not enough ammunition. I'll take the Centurion A41 anyday.

I'll take the tank that's actually ready and in mass production in time for the fight...

Apologies for having gone missing for a while. Real Life reared its head a bit, but I've about got it beaten back.