You are not logged in.

Wednesday, October 19th 2005, 4:06am

The Rules of WesWorld

Decided to put this in its own thread.
Any additions?
^_^

Rule #1: Please check your sanity at the door.

Rule #2: Do not question anything you hear from Japan. This way lies madness. Just nod, smile, and back away slowly...

Rule #3: Do not question anything you hear from the Philippines. This way lies madness. Just nod, smile, and back away slowly...

Rule #4: Don't make the British angry. You won't like them when they're angry.
You=fly RN=swatter

Rule #5: Don't believe the claims that the Philippines has built 65,000-ton submarines mounting two sextuple 20.1" turrets.

Rule #5b: Pay no attention to the submarine behind the curtain.

Rule #6: There is no overkill. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'.

Wednesday, October 19th 2005, 4:14am

Ummmm I don't think we really need this listed as authentic rules........

Wednesday, October 19th 2005, 4:19am

I seriously doubt the ability of the GB to swat 'flies'. There are so many middle ranked powers than naval dominance is an illusion. This is more like the situation in the 50's than the 20's where the ability of the RN is seriously eroded in comparison to other powers. It would be like the RN facing several IJN size fleets around the world in the 30's. Strong nowhere, weak everywhere.

Cheers,

Wednesday, October 19th 2005, 4:26am

Quoted

Ummmm I don't think we really need this listed as authentic rules........

That's why there's a "".

Wednesday, October 19th 2005, 5:07am

The British Empire may be smaller, but I have a feeling that if you make them mad, (and the treaty is off at that point) the U.K. can easily out produce its rivals and bring a huge force of new warships down on the offender within a few short years. Gravina I believe was investing in factories, and turning them out and an increadible rate.

Wednesday, October 19th 2005, 7:28am

Swat implies short-sharp action. You're suggesting going down the street to get several cans of fly spray+cigarette lighters, get home and then flame the fly...

Yes, Gravina had invested in factories and new accounting processes (apply compound interest concept) has meant that the additional factories were completed before Australia took its 10 and ran.

It takes 20 years to be in front in regards to regaining the investment spent on factories.

Cheers,

Wednesday, October 19th 2005, 8:41am

Well, if the U.K. optimized for infrastructure (factories mostly) they could replace the 10 factories lost to Australia easily within 6 years and still have 8,000 tons of material for construction in that 6 year period. Added to this is whatever the new factories produce as they come on-line at roughly three every seven to eight quarters with the tenth factory made over a longer period of time or even faster as the new factories are added.

Plus I think the U.K. finished an additional 5 factories in 1928, so that brings the remaining factories to 50 again.

While it might take 20 years to regain the investment, those extra materials will not be as useful before the building holiday or treaty expire for Britian. So by 1935 or 1936, when they have 60 factories, they can begin to out produce about everybody with carriers, battleships, cruisers...anything, at the time it is needed, and not wasting it during the time when the nation can't really produce the warships by treaty limitations. I don't think you can just store that much material for later. (We are talking about at least 1,080,000 tons worth of material over six years.)

Wednesday, October 19th 2005, 4:19pm

Quoted

Rule #1: Please check your sanity at the door.

Unfortunately my sanity is currently listed as M.I.A.

Quoted

Rule #5: Don't believe the claims that the Philippines has built 65,000-ton submarines mounting two sextuple 20.1" turrets.

It is always better than that floating island in Edo bay, which is actually the 230,000 tons Yukihime Mk. II battleship, armed with 4 triple 51cm guns, thick armor and a 40+ knot speed.