You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, September 6th 2005, 8:14am

Cleito Treaty radification talks

Shall we begin discussing our respective positions now in the run up to 1929 treaty talks? Where are they to be held and when (did we decide that)?

Tuesday, September 6th 2005, 10:45am

As far as I know Castle of Helsingor in Denmark got the most votes. Time was 2nd half of 1928 or so.

Tuesday, September 6th 2005, 12:02pm

Ok I can live with that.

Perhaps we should discuss some sort of format where we can layout the treaty talks in a methodical order.

Tuesday, September 6th 2005, 5:44pm

Last I saw as to date was a speculation in an Indian news bite of January 1929...

(There will be some..."difficulties" for the Filipino represenitive to overcome to get there, but Commodore Garcia will be in attendance - quick! hide the food! ^_^ )

We also need to decide what to do about our AWOL players..."show up or lose your country"?

Tuesday, September 6th 2005, 5:49pm

I think "Show up or you're assumed to agree", is more reasonable.

I did suggest that date based on my interpretation of the treaty.

Tuesday, September 6th 2005, 6:07pm

With respect to the proceedings, I'd rather see a nation's general position outlined in a new report leading up to the event. This doesn't have to be super-specific or include every little idea the nation intends to propose - but it should cover the basics like, is the country wanting any changes, what's it worried about, etc.

For format - we have at least these choices of how to proceed:

-A free-for-all, propose whatever, whenever approach.

-Deal with the treaty in sections, sequentially. Part 1 (general stuff, Germany, Australia/UK), Part 2 (definitions of ships), Part 3 A-G (limitations), Part 3 H-K (disposal and replacement). Close off one topic before proceeding to the next. It should still allow for back-room politicking amongst players

Tuesday, September 6th 2005, 6:14pm

Quoted

It should still allow for back-room politicking amongst players

I like that idea already. :-)

Tuesday, September 6th 2005, 6:20pm

I'd propose a new forum for Treaty negogiations. If you have a suggestion, make a new thread, and keep the specific posts in that thread.

Jan 1929 is fine.

Tuesday, September 6th 2005, 7:39pm

Quoted

-Deal with the treaty in sections, sequentially. Part 1 (general stuff, Germany, Australia/UK), Part 2 (definitions of ships), Part 3 A-G (limitations), Part 3 H-K (disposal and replacement). Close off one topic before proceeding to the next. It should still allow for back-room politicking amongst players

This one gets my vote.

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral
I'd propose a new forum for Treaty negogiations. If you have a suggestion, make a new thread, and keep the specific posts in that thread.

Jan 1929 is fine.

A seperate forum certainly would keep things neat and orderly. Using the above format we could have 4 separate posts dealing with Part 1 (general stuff, Germany, Australia/UK), Part 2 (definitions of ships), Part 3 A-G (limitations), Part 3 H-K (disposal and replacement) with another for the closing statements and the final treaty.

Friday, October 7th 2005, 10:15pm

tap, tap...

Is this thing still on?

Friday, October 7th 2005, 10:36pm

I don't see why not, but in character, would you really want to hold these talks in one of the coldest spots in Europe in January, surely something late spring or early summer would be better?

Friday, October 7th 2005, 10:37pm

I hope so.....I think we will delay the treaty talks (again) untill Q2/29 given the fact we have had little discussion on the matter.

Friday, October 7th 2005, 10:49pm

I think realistically the Filipino Civil War might delay things. We've got three signatory nations at war right now so I think they might favor a delay, plus the US government might like a few more (game) months to get its positions in order.

Friday, October 7th 2005, 10:56pm

Wouldn't it have been more interesting to hold these treaty talks in the warzone? With all the shells flying around?
:-)

Friday, October 7th 2005, 11:03pm

I've set up treaty forums at the bottom of the page. Fire away!

Friday, October 7th 2005, 11:14pm

Quoted

Access denied
Access to this page has been denied for one of the following reasons:
You are not logged in. Some pages are restricted to users only. To login, fill in the information below.
You are trying to access a page restricted to certain user groups. You do not have permission to enter this page.
Your account is closed or not activated. Please contact the Administrator in this case.

Can't enter it Wes. :-(

Friday, October 7th 2005, 11:24pm

Ok seems to be fixed.

Saturday, October 8th 2005, 2:28am

(ic)

The Filipino (Loyalist) Government, despite the conflict, has no problem with the talks going ahead as planned; the fronts have been stabilised and it gets Garcia's appetite out of our hair.
:-)

(ooc)

Although, for role-playing/news purposes, the talks could be roughly anytime in 1929...the 'discussions' could start now (as they seem to have had!) and continue on "til then", allowing them to go on longer than otherwise without disrupting the flow of the sim?

Saturday, October 8th 2005, 2:51am

The Chilean observer will try not to laugh during the talks.

Saturday, October 8th 2005, 3:02am

The Atlantean delegate will no doubt give him an elbow to the ribs to keep him honest...;-)