You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, April 17th 2005, 4:17pm

I wasn´t satisfied...

I wasn´t satisfied with my CL Yaoundé Class linedrawing yet. Hence I worked on it again. Here she´s in her modified version now.

[img]http://wesworld.jk-clan.de/schiffbilder/CL YaoundeTown 19.jpg[/img]

Enjoy,

HoOmAn

Sunday, April 17th 2005, 6:46pm

The midships 150mm guns don't have very large arcs of fire. I'd raise then one level and have the hull break just aft of them.

Sunday, April 17th 2005, 7:38pm

Wouldn't raising those guns by one level hinder the operation of the cranes when moving those motor boats over the side?

Sunday, April 17th 2005, 9:25pm

They might hinder the cranes a bit, but at the moment those guns can't fire on many bearings at all. Maybe better off with a old-age broadside gun to repel boarders.

Sunday, April 17th 2005, 10:11pm

How about moving the hull break forward a bit and flaring the deck inward and aft. That would create more room to improve the firing arcs, seakeeping may go down abit but she is a light fast combatant anyway.

HoOmAn

Monday, April 18th 2005, 12:11am

Well, my focus was on her superstructure. I moved it forward (as well as her funnels) and downsized it.

However, you´ve a point regarding her midship guns even though I don´t think fire acrs are really a problem. Wes´ proposal to have her deck flaring a bit is an interesting option. I could also move her small boats further aft....

HoOmAn

Monday, April 18th 2005, 4:58pm

Is this more to your liking? The gun now has a fire arc of approx. 110°, probably more.

Monday, April 18th 2005, 5:01pm

Seems a lot better. I still prefer the Birmingham arrangement myself.

Monday, April 18th 2005, 6:56pm

I like it, now you have more room without too much fuss. I didn't realize just how good of a broadside Yaoundé had with 7 guns.

HoOmAn

Tuesday, April 19th 2005, 9:15am

Yeah, 7 6" guns in a broadside is not too bad for a cruiser class laid down 1919/20.

Later, once I have the capacity left, I plan to increase the weight of metal that can be thrown at an enemy by installing 15cm twin shields at positions A, B, C and D to bring her to LIBREVILLE-class standards.

Tuesday, April 19th 2005, 9:46am

An 11 gun broadside? Yikes!

HoOmAn

Tuesday, April 19th 2005, 10:56am

Well, probably not a 11 gun broadside. She still has some hull strength left but I doubt 11 guns is reasonable. Instead the number of her remaining single mounts will decrease, perhaps even to zero. They could be replaced by some torpedo mounts....