You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, November 4th 2004, 12:24am

Brazil

With the Commodore taking over Iberia, Brazil is now open...

I see three options:

1. Return to NPC

2. I can take it over. ;)

3. Perhaps someone else is interested (IIRC Guilherme Loureiro expressed interest)...

Opinions, thoughts?

Thursday, November 4th 2004, 6:06am

Decision 04...

I vote for seeing if there is anyone interested first. Then if not, giving it to Swampen. It might cause a delay in Brazil taking part, but it would make the South Atlantic and perhaps even the South Pacific more interesting.

Thursday, November 4th 2004, 6:41am

How does Brazil become open now that Bernhard is leaving? Brazil was and still is to my knowledge a non-player nation.

Thursday, November 4th 2004, 1:23pm

It was agreed...

...torwards the end of The Great Debate that Commodore Green would get Brazil. (It kinda got snowed under with the, uh, discussion but nobody objected and it was put on the 'official to-add' list.)

CG now has Iberia, and I don't think we want someone running three countries, do we? ;)

Ergo, Brazil is now "up for grabs".

If a majority thinks it should return/remain as a NPC, that's fine with me, if not...

Thursday, November 4th 2004, 2:55pm

Oh God. I thought we'd resolved Brazil.

I will take the position of "Indifference" on this one. It doesn't directly affect either of my nations.

Let's just be sure not to open up discussion on any other nations, please.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, November 4th 2004, 3:23pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
How does Brazil become open now that Bernhard is leaving? Brazil was and still is to my knowledge a non-player nation.

Same here....

Thursday, November 4th 2004, 5:39pm

[Edit: This is post number 10,000 on the Wesworld Message Board. I guess another great milestone for the Wesworld!]

Well, from the discussion here:

Posted by Swamphen:

Quoted

So is this how things now stand?
Nordmark -> Hoo
Turkey -> Wes
Chosen/Formosa -> Walter
UK -> Gravina
Chile -> Ithekro
?Brazil -> Commodore?

Posted by thesmilingassassin:

Quoted

Nordmark -> Hoo
Turkey -> Wes
Chosen/Formosa -> Walter
UK -> Gravina
Chile -> Ithekro

It shall be done, *lightning crackel!* Mwaahahahahaa

As for CG controlling another nation I think most of us are against the aussies being seperated from the 985 pound gorilla known as the UK, so as suggested Brazil is an option.

Posted by Commodore Green:

Quoted

Guess I'll have to by a Portugese-English dictionary then! Assumimg no-one objects, I'll play Brazil.
And I suppose it will be on hold until we sort out the Nordmark thing?

... and since it looks like no one objected, Brazil is (as far as I know it) a Player Nation.

Quoted

CG now has Iberia, and I don't think we want someone running three countries, do we? ;)

1+1+1 = 3... right?
Japan + Chosen + Formosa = 3... right?

Thursday, November 4th 2004, 7:57pm

Naah, Chosen and Formosa are dinky enough to only count as one. ;)

Like I said, if y'all want to "return" Brazil to NPC, that's fine with me, either way.

Thursday, November 4th 2004, 8:05pm

"... and since it looks like no one objected, Brazil is (as far as I know it) a Player Nation."

Given the fact that we had many nations floating around in that discussion I don't agree with the methodology used to claim we "agreed". The suggestions were also made to hand these nations over to players with little on their plate, which is not the case now.

At some point we have to stop adding player nations.

Thursday, November 4th 2004, 8:06pm

Quoted

Naah, Chosen and Formosa are dinky enough to only count as one. ;)

Well, looking at it from that point of view, you're quite right.

Quoted

Like I said, if y'all want to "return" Brazil to NPC, that's fine with me, either way.

I don't mind either way, but I think that using Brazil as a player nation will give you something extra to do.
:-)

Thursday, November 4th 2004, 8:08pm

Quoted

Given the fact that we had many nations floating around in that discussion I don't agree with the methodology used to claim we "agreed". The suggestions were also made to hand these nations over to players with little on their plate, which is not the case now.

At some point we have to stop adding player nations.

Well, you're the chief so your word on this matter is final.

Thursday, November 4th 2004, 8:15pm

Agreed

The Boss has spoken. ;)

Now, on the next can 'o worms...

Thursday, November 4th 2004, 11:25pm

As Lord Arpad has decided that "Real Life 'tm'" has got too much call on his time, and that he needs time to sort it out and therefore passed Iberia over to me, I can no longer even contemplate taking control of Brazil.

Also, while I will be able to keep things going for November, during December and January I will be up to my eyes in work (aka 7 days a week!) and as such will be out of commision for those 2 months.

I hope to have Denmark up to speed by then, but as Iberia has a year of catching up so it will take a little longer.

Sorry if this screws up any plotting you have been getting up to!!!

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Friday, November 5th 2004, 11:31am

No worries...

I know what it feels like it real life takes its toll.