You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, May 15th 2003, 3:50pm

Saved thread - Time left

AHSIM
ezOP
(5/13/03 3:26:40 pm)
Time left
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have decided to delete this forum unless i get some answers tonight. At 10pm i will delete every forum and make this never happens on my money. You see i spent 30 bucks to get this place ad free.

The thing i need to be answered is "Who is going to post the infrastructure and quarterly reports for the US and UK?" The reason i ask that is since they are part of the sim and are part of treaty we need to know what they are doing. Anybody who says we can just not attack them is wrong. They would get involved if certian things occured. To be perfectly honest i did not want to have the US be that strong of a voice in the world and will not accept them trying to be a police man of the world since they werent in real history. The bottom line is unless that question gets answered forget about having this sim.

Wes you are an idoit for thinking that a year 2000 map is going to work for a 1920 sim. Most of the countries on that map didnt exist and europe is totaly diffrent. it took me an hour to give you that rough drawing of a map by just using yours. If feel it would be better to have a 1930's to deal with this sim than a 2000 map. I never understood that principle. As for not giving you a map I gave you one and you refused to put it into the map you gave me. So i drew up my own just to make sure it was in using the 1920's. If you want to talk about a waste of time you should have approached me about it. I have software that can do these type of drawings rather quickly. So dont whine to me about the map i gave you.

AdmKuznetsov
Spammer wanna be
(5/13/03 4:10:48 pm)
Re: Time left
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quoted

The reason i ask that is since they are part of the sim and are part of treaty we need to know what they are doing.

Not really. Their infrastructure is so big that whoever they go in against will lose, even <if> all the BBs, CV, and the fuel tanks at Pearl Harbor are destroyed.

Quoted

Anybody who says we can just not attack them is wrong. They would get involved if certian things occured.

They may well get involved. And the fate of the country that so provokes them will be instructive. That's why I see their role as more of a control on the SIM, to be exerted politically by some level-headed outsider interested in game balance, and not a SIM participant. The occasional news item expressing the concerns of His Majesty's Government about some action or another will carry real weight.

Quoted

To be perfectly honest i did not want to have the US be that strong of a voice in the world and will not accept them trying to be a police man of the world since they werent in real history

But if they are a full participant, with specific infrastructure, designs, investments in infrastructure improvements, and a foreign policy, how will you control them?

Their being the "political moderators" of the SIM, who we all have to be careful of, will be useful in keeping the rest of us in hand. Anything more, and they will be tempted to join the Dark Side like the rest of us

Visit my Russian/French fantasy fleet page:
admkuznetsov.tripod.com

The Rock Doctor
Spammer wanna be
(5/13/03 4:45:24 pm)
Historically, nothing short of WW2 actually did provoke significant American or British military action. This included Italy seizing Ethiopia, Japan invading China, and Germany swallowing Austria and Czechoslovakia. In the first two cases, British imperial possessions were in the general area.

If this failed to provoke a response, I see no reason to assume differently in this timeline.

In the event one of us did go after either major power, it's safe to assume we'd be squashed sooner or later. This may be a matter of debate for the next tier of powers: South Africa, Russia/France, and Atlantis. However, none of those worthies has expressed any desire to go after the major powers that I know of.

So, I reckon we can just ignore the US and UK, at least until we do in fact identify some knowledgable, mature, and impartial outsider to assume the helm. We do not need to rush into such a decision.

Aowwt, as to the email and posting about the board: I appreciate that you made the effort to create it, and spent some money to do so. However, I did not ask this of you, nor did I agree to any kind of power shift to you as a result. I do not appreciate being presented with an ultimatum like this.

Should you choose to shut down the board, I will miss the venue but all of my data is backed up. In the event the sim relocates elsewhere, I would be pleased to rejoin Wes, Hooman, and the other reasonable folks out there. You all know how to contact me.

J

aowwt
Administrator
(5/13/03 4:55:23 pm)
Please understand that I did approve of him posting that news article since i told him privately not to until i gave him the all clear which i did not at the time. As for king stating that the designs will not be posted even though the treaty is completely diffrent than what the historical designs are based upon is total BS. I have raised several good points and have been shot down stating that it will not be handled which to me makes me not be part of this walking disaster. Either not have the US and UK in the treaty and the world Alternate History or have somebody post thier infrastructure, quarterly reports, and designs. Nothing short of that is going to solve the issues at hand. I am tired of this monkey bussiness and if you think this is an ultimately be glad i gave you guys one because I was tempted after coming home from work to just delete the forum and be gone with this if i didnt get a response that resolved my issues.
Lessons for modern warfare:
"human intel is necessary, always be on the look out, and expect the unexpected"

Come to the Wargamer Forum at JPs Panzers Board

TheCSANavy
Spammer wanna be
(5/13/03 6:45:47 pm)
You people.....
You should not be blaming Aowwt for this nor will I take the blame, because there is no one person to place it on. And it is far from Aowwts problem he is making good points, that will have come up now or a month from now.

The Rock Doctor
Spammer wanna be
(5/13/03 6:54:58 pm)
Sorry about the delay...had to go get a haircut and pick up drycleaning.

If by "shot down" you mean "disagreed with", then yes, you have been. I do think that folks are trying to answer you, and explain their reasoning, but they aren't giving you the answer you want to hear.

The point of this simulation is, first and foremost, to design warships between 1921 and 1936, within the constraints of a different Washington Treaty. The alternate history aspect of it is a secondary consideration, and is there primarily to add flavor. Otherwise, we could simply agree "here's the treaty. Now, in 1921, 1926, 1931, and 1936, each of us is to submit a design for each of the following types of ship."

That's why we've included the UK and US: to set a benchmark for tonnage allocations for our own navies, so that we can generate the alternate history that lends flavor to the ship design process. It doesn't mean we have to have them played; we'd have ended up doing the same if Japan, France or Italy hadn't become a player nation.

Our goal is most certainly not to produce a realistic alternate history; otherwise, I would not have created a sovereign Empire of India or joined a sim that included the creation of continental land masses where there are none.

I can understand that you'd like to know more about the Brits and their doings in this period, but Italy and Germany have a whole host of other neighbours they need to worry about more than the Brits: France, Russia, Nordmark, Iberia, and Greece for starters. A fledgling RRE would have to cope with these continental neighbours before worrying about the UK.

Whether or not an eleventh player is brought in to sim Brit ships, it's not likely that Britain in this scenario is going to produce something radically different either from historical or from one of our own designs. By the '30s, they'll be making 35,000 to 40,000 battleships with 14" or 15" guns just like the rest of us. If you really need a sense of exactly what they build, 17inc is probably on the right track by adapting historical designs to the new treaty limitations. When considering British forces in the Indian Ocean, I expect I'll be using his designs as stand-ins.

I also understand that CSANavy may have jumped the gun on you, when you had the intention of discussing this with us. However, as you can see, the rest of us expected a say in the matter, including the right to say no to certain individuals, before decisions were made. We didn't get the opportunity, and we didn't think that CSANavy was the best person for the position, hence the heat you've been feeling. This is intended to be a collaborative venture, not a refereed roleplaying game.

Does this address your issues? If not, let's keep talking, rather than undo the progress we've made.

I would ask that you at least consider leaving the board up for another day or two; some of the folks in Europe may not be capable of responding in time, and I would not like to see them lose information because of it.

J

harry the red
Spammer wanna be
(5/13/03 7:37:14 pm)
I personally have no problems with some one taking control of the US and GB as long as those nations remain neutral. considering that in the world we have created is completely different to the real world I believe that GB would be no were as powerful as it was in reality, The US can remain isolationist as it historically was, as long as no one attacks them I cannot see them getting involved. The reasons for my above assumptions are numerus but due to me running late for work I cannot elaborate on them at this moment of time. but I will in say 24 hours

thesmilingassassin
Spammer wanna be
(5/14/03 12:54:27 am)
blackmail
Personally i was already working on this issue when out of the blue someone got in a huff and started complaining when a non SIM poster started posting in the forums and got mad when he wouldn't get let in, and instantly jumped on my back. When i attempted to get information i needed i got nothing but greif, threats and vertually got told that i was using a map other than the one i had put alot of work into.
I don't respond well to blackmail nor will i let others decide what happens in the SIM by strongarm tactics before asking others in a civilized manor. CSA's responce in several posts convinced me he's not part of the SIM. The map i have made WILL be the map we use. I have tons of work to do with the SIM such as resonding to posts, E-mails and working on not yet solved problems and i also have to design my fleet, country and its history all after i come home from work.
I have an E-mail if you have questions about the SIM, E-mail me as well as post in the forums and make your conserns and intentions clear.