You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, May 6th 2008, 4:20pm

RfP Motorcycles

The IDC is issuing a RfP for 500 MCs

Tuesday, May 6th 2008, 5:41pm

Cue picture of Italian troops with Moto Guzzi Alces wearing funny hats.

http://www.italie1935-45.com/RE/photosco…otobenelli.html

Theres also the Moto Benelli.

I quite fancy a little diesel motorbike. It'd be fairly useful for most offroad applications such as message carrying or rec. I've only ever seen one diesel bike though, it was a 50cc converted concrete mixer in chopper style with the huge fan still mounted on one side. It looked awesome.

Tuesday, May 6th 2008, 5:52pm

Is there not a current production DIESEL military bike?
I'm sure I saw it somewhere.......

Tuesday, May 6th 2008, 5:53pm

Are the funny hats included?

Tuesday, May 6th 2008, 7:45pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Commodore Green
Is there not a current production DIESEL military bike?
I'm sure I saw it somewhere.......

Yes, the British Army and USMC uses them. More here.

Quoted

Are the funny hats included?

You have to supply your own chickens and facial hair.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Tuesday, May 6th 2008, 9:56pm

Well, if you hadn't kicked them out, the Belgians would happily have sold you Gillete or FN motorcycles.

FN M86 600cc

FN M86 600cc, armored (less off road ability)

FN M12 992cc

FN M12 in T3 tricar mode

and with 13.2mm AAG

lastly the Gillet Army model AB

but hey, maybe somebody else will want them :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (May 6th 2008, 10:13pm)

Tuesday, May 6th 2008, 10:33pm

Well perhaps Minerva, FN etc should start pressuring the Government to make sane policies so they dont miss all these juicy contracts. A bit surprised that this hasnt been offered

Kaiser Kirk

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 12:08am

I am a little suprised that any would characterize Belgian actions in the recent past not sane.
However, FN will still benefit from the historic contracts, and the Netherlands will likely be buying FN not Harley, adn there could be others.

As for the pic you show- likely because I am still exploring what historical equipment Belgium had to offer. Only recently found motorcycles and trucks.
I'm thinking that's of the Danes with their 20mm Madsen anyhow.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (May 7th 2008, 12:09am)

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 12:35am

Yes thats the Nimbus AT MC

Kaiser Kirk

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 12:53am

That explains why it rings a bell. Was trying to find stuff about the 20mm and 23mm Madsen once and noted the odd looking helmets and the motorcycle troops, dunno if I saw that one in particular.

All the pics I put up are the actual FN and Gillet bikes, was trying to stick to stuff Belgium actually made.

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 1:07am

I meant that I am surprised the Danes offered it but they are probably learning about the Solar system...

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 1:38am

Denmark does indeed offer....

The Nimbus Combination......
With normal sidecar, mounting any light machinegun....

Or for anti-vehicle capability.......

Or for anti-aircraft capability.......

....or you could just use it as a motorbike!!

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 3:16am

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
Well perhaps Minerva, FN etc should start pressuring the Government to make sane policies so they dont miss all these juicy contracts.

Sane policies = Pro-Persian, you mean?

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 3:33am

Correct or at least less hostile

Kaiser Kirk

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 4:13am

Quoted

Would you care to elaborate on this Belgian hostility towards Persia?

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 4:14am

Well its certainly NOT a good idea for Armenia, Azerbaijan, Iraq, Kuwait or Saudi Arabia to follow pro-Persian policy's....not if they still want to retain their sovereignty that is.

Perhaps it is Persia that needs to make sane policy's?

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 4:26am

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk

Quoted

Would you care to elaborate on this Belgian hostility towards Persia?

Look here...

Quoted

September 29th

Reorganization of diplomatic relations:

The Imperial Government has decided to close its Embassy in Russia as it has been made clear that such relations are unwelcome by the Russian Government.

The Imperial Government hxs cut diplomatic relations with the Republic of Turkey and the United kingdom of the Netherlands due to their ambitions in the Persian Gulf. Any trade agreements with these countries are suspended until further notice.

The borders with the Russian Federation and the Republic of Turkey will be closed on the 31st of October and until further notice.

Don't ask how they got the idea certain nations had aspirations in the region but it looks more like a case of someones not happy that Turkey and the UKN won't let them wage a war of conquest in the middle east.

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 4:58am

I keep forgetting Persia has a border with Russia to the east of the Caspian...

Kaiser Kirk

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 5:45am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin

Quoted

and the United kingdom of the Netherlands due to their ambitions in the Persian Gulf. Any trade agreements with these countries are suspended until further notice.

I'm aware that Persia mixes the UKN and Belgium up, and not liking the expansion of Dutch presence on the Arabian penninsula, and blaming the UKN. However as Persia was specifically citing Belgiums hostility, I thought I would challenge for examples of that.
Persia is free to be ticked off at whomever they wish, but the UKN is meant, say that not Belgium.

A modern day example would be both France and Germany are in the EU, with a common president, a joint military brigade, and members of NATO: cutting relations with Germany for something France did and then blaming the Germans.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (May 7th 2008, 6:15am)

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 6:09am

Now remember, Persia veiws Turkey as an Atlantean puppet (chuckle) dispite many political differences and average relations. Despite this fact however I'm surprised they haven't severed relations with Atlantis and France due to their relations with Russia and Turkey.