You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, October 12th 2006, 4:08am

Colombia

Considering Atlantean influence in Colombian affairs I'm going to start posting Colombian quarterly reports, if theirs no serious objections.

Thursday, October 12th 2006, 9:12am

11 views and no yays or nays?

Thursday, October 12th 2006, 9:18am

Yay

Thursday, October 12th 2006, 9:20am

Thank you for exercising your right to vote!

Thursday, October 12th 2006, 9:22am

I give my yay with question - how strong is Atlantis' influence over Columbia? That is, if a new player wanted a nation to play, could they have an independent policy (not necessarily adversial to Atlantis but independent)

Thursday, October 12th 2006, 9:30am

Lots of co-operation fighting the various anarchist factions in the region, some operated in both nations.
Atlantis and Colombia have also recently agreed on a defensive treaty given the heightening tentions in the region.

Thursday, October 12th 2006, 9:32am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
Lots of co-operation fighting the various anarchist factions in the region, some operated in both nations.
Atlantis and Colombia have also recently agreed on a defensive treaty given the heightening tentions in the region.

I actually meant to say yay previously, sorry. 3 AM mindblank.

A defensive treaty makes sense.

Thursday, October 12th 2006, 9:39am

I say Yay! more the merrier in South America.

I guess like me you found that without showing Columbia's viewpoint you couldn't develop your own plans. That's why I post some Paraguay news so I can give a balanced view of my actions in that country and it all looks less one-sided.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, October 12th 2006, 11:27am

Yah - as long as Columbia isn´t just a puppet state to Atlantis and offers an opinion of their own.

Thursday, October 12th 2006, 12:48pm

Fine by me.

Thursday, October 12th 2006, 1:46pm

No problemo.

Thursday, October 12th 2006, 3:19pm

Fine by me

Ubiwan

Unregistered

Thursday, October 12th 2006, 3:19pm

I see likewise no problem. Anyhow if Atlantis does not try to increase by the back door its influence in South America.

Thursday, October 12th 2006, 3:42pm

Go for it!!

Thursday, October 12th 2006, 5:07pm

Looks like its a go then, it wil be a similar situation to Hrolf in Peru with Atlantis helping Colombia formulate a small naval program.

Different viewpoint, most likely given the deverging history of the two country's post Iberian control.

Thursday, October 12th 2006, 11:18pm

NO!!!
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
Actually Yay, I just wanted to be different. :D

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Friday, October 13th 2006, 2:47am

I see no problems with the proposal.

Tuesday, October 17th 2006, 12:54am

I'm the new guy on the block, but just reading over the top I noticed Colombia as a good possibility for a nation for a newbie. I tend to agree that by reading the history of them here it will be very close to the Atlanteans. But if the US have kind of Canal, either in Panama or Nicaragua, they would try to influence the Colombian government. So I would not mind running the place under the guidance of Atlantis and the US. Any thoughs?

Tuesday, October 17th 2006, 2:00am

Well unfortunately (or fortunately for some), the United States does not have a canal (working on one across Mexico). The United States and Iberia (Spain and Portugal) finished the Panama Canal roughly on time historically, but it seems to be in Iberian hands.

Tuesday, October 17th 2006, 2:03am

Well there are other nations currently not heavily influenced by other nations such as Bulgaria. Peru is being managed by another player as a way to keep track of its ship building programs but as far as I know its still somewhat independant.

The alliance of Poland, Yugoslavia and Romania may be available but you'll have to Talk to Marek about that as I don't want to speak on his behalf.

Basically if you are to join this sim the best way to go about doing that is to reply to posts, offer imput on designs and generally show some sort of keen interest in the sim.

Basically we are looking for relatively permanent members rather than those who stick around for a few months and disappear. If you can show your willing to commit to the sim then its possible that you may find yourself with a nation to run.

Keep in mind we do realise most people have a life outside the computer.