You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, September 24th 2005, 9:48pm

Effect of the Treaty on Capital Ship Construction

'Capital Ships' (according to the Cleito Treaty definition)
in service in the WesWorld
(includes non-Treaty nations...)

This clearly shows the effect of the Treaty on warship construction...

laid down prior to 1906 (pre-Dreadnought era)
17 PD
1 AC

laid down 1906-1911 (Dreadnought era)
2 PD
27 BB
12 BC
2 AC

1912-1920 (Great War era)
71 BB
18 BC
3 AC

1921-1928 (Treaty Era)
11 BB
8 BC
1 AC
2 CDBB
1 MN

Saturday, September 24th 2005, 11:36pm

Clearly the treaty was effective in reguards to its purpose, to limit capital ships all though not completely as some nations have managed to enjoy great freedom to build.

Sunday, September 25th 2005, 8:02am

Well I know who owns the one AC built before 1906. It was just in a major anti-piracy action and will be refitted yet again.

Are you counting all those American "monitors" built recently?

Actually it looks like we are slacking off in ship construction, or the war and threat of war boosted construction more then the actual arms races did.

One wonders what the real ship construction numbers would have been had the treaty not been drafted.

Sunday, September 25th 2005, 9:53am

Well Atlantis has yet to build 2 BB's so that number may change before treaty radification.

Sunday, September 25th 2005, 12:28pm

Quoted

1921-1928 (Treaty Era)
11 BB
8 BC
1 AC
2 CDBB
1 MN

As opposed to 2 BB historically.

Quoted

Well Atlantis has yet to build 2 BB's so that number may change before treaty radification.

Atlantis already has ratified the treaty, like more or less everyone else.

Sunday, September 25th 2005, 4:30pm

Quoted

Are you counting all those American "monitors" built recently?

No, those are 'Coast Defense Armourclads' per treaty. The CDBBs and monitor listed are your Almirante Gideon and those two Japanese monstrosties...

Sunday, September 25th 2005, 5:14pm

Quoted

those two Japanese monstrosties

I could have done what others are doing: Build big 40,000 ton ships, but I thought to myself: "Think of something different for the capital ship category and build that first."
... thus the Chikan Chuui and the Hideyoshi Hashiba were born. They are listed in the Encyclopedia as Coast Defense ships, but they are counted as capital ships.

Monday, September 26th 2005, 12:10am

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral

Quoted

1921-1928 (Treaty Era)
11 BB
8 BC
1 AC
2 CDBB
1 MN

As opposed to 2 BB historically.

Considering we have many more nations with BB's it still seems rather sucessfull.

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral

Quoted

Atlantis already has ratified the treaty, like more or less everyone else.

Sorry I meant radify modifications to the treaty.