You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, April 12th 2008, 12:55am

South American War, losses?

So what are the total losses so far?

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Saturday, April 12th 2008, 1:46am

Should you have followed news bits from South America you may remember this thread . The answer to your question, at least regarding Q1 and Q2, can be found there....

Saturday, April 12th 2008, 1:49am

Oops

HoOmAn

Saturday, April 12th 2008, 2:00am

Never mind. We know it´s a lot to read - probably too much given the lack of response. Seems like news/stories from South America are too much to really read them...... ?!

Saturday, April 12th 2008, 2:09am

Some maps would be nice but I somehow missed the loss report despite having read it

HoOmAn

Saturday, April 12th 2008, 2:11am

There also have been some map, June report IIRC, but they weren´t too accurate and need to be revised....

Saturday, April 12th 2008, 2:16am

I havent commented to avoid having to many breaks in the story, and a single thread would also have helped

Saturday, April 12th 2008, 2:45am

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
Never mind. We know it´s a lot to read - probably too much given the lack of response. Seems like news/stories from South America are too much to really read them...... ?!

I enjoy reading them when I have the time. Usually a map would help, as I get a bit lost when folks say "steaming to the west of Cape Bloopdeploop" or "fighter combat over the Blahblah River" and I don't know where those are...

But hey, that's what Wikipedia's for!

Saturday, April 12th 2008, 2:54am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Quoted

I enjoy reading them when I have the time. Usually a map would help, as I get a bit lost when folks say "steaming to the west of Cape Bloopdeploop" or "fighter combat over the Blahblah River" and I don't know where those are...

But hey, that's what Wikipedia's for!

Me I just use an atlas to find Cape Boodledoddleboo, or the Blahblah River, but Im oldfashioned

Saturday, April 12th 2008, 11:21am

Quoted

Some of the pieces do tend to be a bit long and unbroken which makes them difficult to read. Usually I'll comment just to show I've read it and give you guys some support as the content is great.

Saturday, April 12th 2008, 2:20pm

Quoted

Never mind. We know it´s a lot to read - probably too much given the lack of response.

I haven't responded because it ain't over yet.....
...it would be like giving up on a book half way through!!

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Saturday, April 12th 2008, 5:34pm

Quoted

I always read them. I always enjoy them.
If I need to scroll down a fair bit to see the entire post- usually do not read them immediately after they are posted, this is typical for such posts. I will generally read them on Thursday night or the following weekend when I have more slack time- provided it's not a weekend I'm out of town or have guests. The most recent posts will get read Sunday night.

It's a bit like saving the good stuff for when I can appreciate it. I do not comment overly much due to the nature of the stories "this happened" and the need to wait to the end to not be overly disruptive and hijack it.
I've also simply sent you behind the scenes PMs so I could convey a Dutch reaction, without intruding on the post.

I am appreciative of the effort being put in, I've tried to help in little ways, and enjoy the results shared with the rest of us.

Saturday, April 12th 2008, 6:28pm

I agree with KK, I tend to save reading them until I have a few quiet minutes at home.

And not meaning to blow my own (or Rocky's) trumpet here, but I prefer the idea of a seperate discussion thread about the story instead of interupting the flow of the story....remember "The Andaman Sea Crisis" of a few years ago, when we ran 2 seperate threads?

Saturday, April 12th 2008, 9:07pm

....and now that I've read it all.......

Excellent work, well done to all involved!!!!!

...And nice to see the RSAN get a little pay-back!!!!!

Saturday, April 12th 2008, 9:14pm

Indeed. Revenge for the Hammer!

Saturday, April 12th 2008, 11:10pm

I guess Desertfox won't be cheering now.

A glorious end to the Pampas, though an unfortunate blow to the Argentine navy.

HoOmAn

Monday, April 14th 2008, 9:44pm

Well, the Pampas were build just for such a scenario, I think. Hit and run. Make your point against a weaker foe and escape destruction. They nearly succeeded and just suffered some bad luck....

Monday, April 14th 2008, 11:07pm

Quoted

Well, the Pampas were build just for such a scenario, I think. Hit and run. Make your point against a weaker foe and escape destruction. They nearly succeeded and just suffered some bad luck....

I think the sheer number of RSAN ships in the region helped out quite a lot, though with considerable luck given the weather conditions.

Monday, April 14th 2008, 11:59pm

What Im seeing is that despite the successful SAE raid on the Brazilian Fleet, the majority of actions have been surface combat. If anything this war should reverse the trend for Carrier Aviation.

Tuesday, April 15th 2008, 1:48am

Only because the SAE sees their carriers primarily as scouts. There has been one "South American Taranto" though.