You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, June 25th 2012, 1:54pm

Misc. Weight

Gents:

I'm designing an oiler with miscellaneous weight set aside for dry stores and cargo. Do I count that weight against the construction cost of the ship?

Monday, June 25th 2012, 1:59pm

RE: Misc. Weight

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
Gents:

I'm designing an oiler with miscellaneous weight set aside for dry stores and cargo. Do I count that weight against the construction cost of the ship?

I'll defer to the mods for a definitive answer, but my belief and practice is yes. The only instance I am aware of where we discount the cost of miscellaneous weight is in our rules for LST construction.

Monday, June 25th 2012, 2:28pm

Thanks. Current practice is to "convert" ships into service at 25% of actual cost, yes?

Edit: Disregard. I asked this question in a thread in November and the answer appeared to be "Anything goes".

Monday, June 25th 2012, 3:27pm

RE: Misc. Weight

Quoted

Originally posted by BruceDuncan
I'll defer to the mods for a definitive answer, but my belief and practice is yes. The only instance I am aware of where we discount the cost of miscellaneous weight is in our rules for LST construction.

Correct. We do not adjust construction cost for miscellaneous weight dedicated to stores except in two cases, both related to landing ships.