You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, January 5th 2005, 2:34pm

Speaking of Germany

After we parted ways with Aoowt in 2003, I took on Germany in what might've been intended as a caretaker role. I've had almost five sim-years with Germany, and have quite enjoyed the political aspects of it as I attempted to steer the country away from a fascist fate without introducing "deus ex machina".

However, the time has come that I need to hand off Germany to a new player. This is the reason I'm not planning far ahead for Germany, and it's also the reason why I've put out the Frankfurt Amendments now - I'm hoping the discussion can be concluded prior to a new player taking the con.

If you are aware of a prospective replacement - and I would prefer to introduce somebody who isn't already a player here - please have them PM me. I'll have a talk with him, decide upon a suitable candidate, and bring him up to speed. Then, as Bernhard did with Iberia, I'll let you folks know who's replacing me.

Thanks...

Oh: I'll be continuing with India, but am anticipating that even it may be a struggle in the long term. We'll see.

Thursday, January 6th 2005, 6:13am

I'd vote for either Kaiser or Monty Mills aka BC_Renown.

Kaiser

Unregistered

Thursday, January 6th 2005, 10:08am

Been doing a bit of catching up on the German situation and the proposed alterations to the Versaille Treaty.

I'd probably be a bit more comfortable with taking over Australia, if that doesn't mess up the balance in the Pacific.

But if that isn't an option, I'd have a go at Germany.

Note: I've been discussing a revamp of Australia with Alt_Naval, so I've done a bit of groundwork on an alternate Australian history that isn't too over the top and have designed a small number of ships so far for an Alternate RAN covering the 1907-1917 period.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, January 6th 2005, 11:30am

When 17inc played Australia we always had the problem to explain why GB is still No.1 in the world and has such a huge fleet. Once Australia was back in the arms of the Commonwealth again (because 17inc dropped out) that problem was solved.

Thinking about it again we should really keep it at that. It explains the UKs strength and adding the US as a player nation and tweaking her navy´s size does enough harm to WesWorld.

Germany on the other hand is already there and the story set up by The Doc allows a new start from NOW without changing HISTORY again.

My current opinion of course...

Thursday, January 6th 2005, 11:51am

Do both?

Germany is the most restricted player due to the VT. Having taken over Greece from someone else I'd go for virgin territory myself - just for some creative freedom.

OTOH Kaiser does favour transom sterns ; )

Why not tell Aowwt all is forgiven and here is your Reich back after a little diet ; )

Cheers,

HoOmAn

Thursday, January 6th 2005, 12:44pm

Quoted

Originally posted by alt_naval
Why not tell Aowwt all is forgiven and here is your Reich back after a little diet ; )

*grrrrr* >[

You don´t want to have your account delete, do you?

*just kidding* (kind of)

Thursday, January 6th 2005, 12:45pm

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
When 17inc played Australia we always had the problem to explain why GB is still No.1 in the world and has such a huge fleet. Once Australia was back in the arms of the Commonwealth again (because 17inc dropped out) that problem was solved.

Thinking about it again we should really keep it at that. It explains the UKs strength and adding the US as a player nation and tweaking her navy´s size does enough harm to WesWorld.

Germany on the other hand is already there and the story set up by The Doc allows a new start from NOW without changing HISTORY again.

My current opinion of course...

gotta agree with that. When Australia was a player nation I still wasn't around but that's another issue :D. I can see where the problem lays. Also, now UK is a player nation and detaching australia would be like stealing him some of his own playground, and that IMHO should be a no-no.

If the VT is voided and Germany given new limits as a CT signatory, roleplaying it will be as playing as a whole new nation.
I don't think that freedom of action is an issue here as soon as Versalles is abolished ;).

Kaiser

Unregistered

Thursday, January 6th 2005, 1:55pm

Quoted

Originally posted by alt_naval
Do both?

Germany is the most restricted player due to the VT. Having taken over Greece from someone else I'd go for virgin territory myself - just for some creative freedom.

OTOH Kaiser does favour transom sterns ; )

Cheers,

Heh heh, I've just started experimenting with undulating decklines as well. Anything to save a little bit of weight... :)

My latest designs would be unique looking to say the least. Too bad I have the drawing skills of an Emu on acid... :(

I can understand the need to keep the Empire intact, so if playing Downunder is not going to happen, then I can live with Germany.

They do get all those nifty uniforms after all... :)

HoOmAn

Thursday, January 6th 2005, 2:34pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser
[...] then I can live with Germany.

Hey! Germany is such a lovely place to live. Those roling green hills, the Sea on one end and the Alps on the other. So much of european history happened just here and there are thus many interesting sites. Shouldn´t be too bad, should it?

Quoted

They do get all those nifty uniforms after all... :)

Do they? Even if you honor and follow what The Doc had laid out as Germany´s latest history? He did a great job researching a lot about German history and what he put together is quite reasonable and would allow a stable Germany without the brown flood...

There is absolutely nothing cool in terms of the NSADAP and their goals or their affection to (odd) uniforms.

Thursday, January 6th 2005, 3:00pm

From what I'd heard through Roger, the Australian alt-history was reasonable, but I'm with the majority - let's not go to the land down under.

Unless they resort to illegal action - which, after 1923, they did not - the NSDAP is out of luck at least until President Braun's term ends in 1932. He is very unlikely to allow such an outfit to get a position of power in the Reichstag. Besides, Hitler's dead and some of the other NSDAP leadership has been significantly affected by how the Munich Putsch turned out.

Militarily, there's a lot of room once the arms control talks conclude (whatever the outcome) because at the end of 1926, resources are only commited to a pair of light cruisers. There're no half-built capital ships to be stuck with.

Kaiser, if you're truly interested, drop me a PM and we'll talk about the future of Germany.

Thursday, January 6th 2005, 3:55pm

Germany, si, Aussie, no.

Now when WesWorld 2 comes about, maybe the Land Down Under will rise again, but until then....the timeline has been altered enough. "She canna take much more!" ;)

A few years back there was a German girl working at one of the local greaspit....er, fast-food resturants. Of course just as I decided I might like to get to know her, she moved... :(

HoOmAn

Thursday, January 6th 2005, 4:04pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Swamphen
A few years back there was a German girl working at one of the local greaspit....er, fast-food resturants. Of course just as I decided I might like to get to know her, she moved... :(

Bad luck. Was she a beauty?

Thursday, January 6th 2005, 4:10pm

Erika wasn't stunning, but definitly pretty...blonde, too. :)

Thursday, January 6th 2005, 6:08pm

It doesn't really matter to me whether Australia gets reintroduced or not.

Quoted

the timeline has been altered enough. "She canna take much more!" ;)

Go, Mr. Scott!!! Get out there and push!!!

Thursday, January 6th 2005, 7:34pm

I have to say I'm with the majority here, Aussie will have to remain part of Britian. As for germany how can a guy with the name Kaiser who designs ships with transom sterns NOT play it?!!!!

Thursday, January 6th 2005, 8:03pm

Quoted

As for germany how can a guy with the name Kaiser who designs ships with transom sterns NOT play it?!!!!

That's funny. That thought did pop up in my mind as well!

Friday, January 7th 2005, 12:08am

I'll go with the flow <smacks PM system and shakes fist!>. I didn't know about the Germany option before contacting Kaiser. I also hadn't had a chance to contact Gravina by PM re:Australia - who it affects more than anyone else. Things seemed to have snowballed over the last week.

Oh well - I guess one pet project hitting the wall is not too bad - some of the others are bearing fruit.

Cheers,

HoOmAn

Friday, January 7th 2005, 12:32am

Will you really get involved into another SIM as I read on the warships1 Design Board lately? Will you join that SIM over there? Still enough time?

Just curious...

Friday, January 7th 2005, 12:51am

Huh?

I've got Greece here, my own FEH - that needs attention and a few other bits and pieces around the place. I don't think I'm getting into something else am I?

If anything I'd put efforts into a generic ship maker - Flash or an internet calculator for ships built under wesworld rules as so many seem to be without the help of a spreadsheet. But these would be behind a combat system that is in my head but I've just got to get it down in a form to test and present here - maybe in a week or too.

Cheers,

Friday, January 7th 2005, 12:53am

Quoted

You don´t want to have your account delete, do you?

On the other hand you could just kick me out ; )

AIGF.