You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, November 30th 2004, 1:11am

Hail to the Emperor, Baby

Wesworld has its fourth emperor...which makes me Rocky IV, perhaps.

That's quite a bit of effort for something that started (as I recall) with Wes looking for background for some models he frankensteined out of various kits. I want presents, Wes, presents! A nice crown and scepter, perhaps, or a secret shipyard.

As I recall I was the fourth person in on the sim, back when it was a series of threads cluttering the Design Board at Warships1. I was producing absolute garbage with Springstyle, had no concept of what country to play (this being the diabolical Hooman's idea), and had not drawn a warship since I was around 14. Which, for the record, was some time ago.

I'm glad I signed on, despite my initial hesitation on the matter. It's been fun. Usually. Should continue to be that way - the joy of having two countries, I suppose, is that you can do two very different things with them...

Tuesday, November 30th 2004, 1:25am

"Hail to the Chief!"

Should be five before too much longer... ;)

Tuesday, November 30th 2004, 1:49am

Hmmmmmm......

1598 threads at this writing..... If I reply to two-thirds of them, I could be an Emperor too.....

Tuesday, November 30th 2004, 6:14am

All hail the Emperor!!!, I'm working on that secret shipyard,.......now if I could just remember where it was located......

Tuesday, November 30th 2004, 6:31am

Quoted

I'm working on that secret shipyard,.......now if I could just remember where it was located...

Vancouver. Were else would you put it where no one will notice it in 1925?

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, November 30th 2004, 9:44am

*g*

Poor me, I´ve never reacehd the status of Emperor and never will be.

I started as King of Riva and will die as such. At least I´m the only one to ever wield such title. ;o)

Who are the other Emperors?

Tuesday, November 30th 2004, 12:32pm

Hoo, can't we change our names on command? that would be purely awesome, we would be opnipitant!!

Tuesday, November 30th 2004, 3:19pm

Yes! Another victory for SATSUMA. ^_^
Well, Rocky mentioned 4 Emperors, but Wes already moved to the next category ("Forum Legend") having gone past the 1500 posts mark, although that is not visible. So that makes 3 Emperors.

Quoted

Who are the other Emperors?

Besides Rocky, you and me are also in the Emperor group, although as you mentioned it you were "King of Riva", you are "King of Riva" and you will always be "King of Riva"
:-)

HoOmAn

Tuesday, November 30th 2004, 3:59pm

BTW

Have I ever told you why it is "King of Riva"?

Tuesday, November 30th 2004, 4:38pm

Do we want to know? ;)

---

Wes: over on the What-If Modelers forum, the members are at the moderator's mercy when it comes to their titles... ;)

HoOmAn

Tuesday, November 30th 2004, 5:00pm

Knowing nothing

Quoted

Originally posted by Swamphen
Do we want to know? ;)

I know that I don´t know if you want to know what I know I know...

Tuesday, November 30th 2004, 7:21pm

Quoted

As far as I know you have not.
BTW, since you are in the 1000-1499 post group, I think "Emperor of Riva" would be more fitting.
^_^

Tuesday, November 30th 2004, 7:28pm

Quoted

Is it related to certain fantasy book series known as the Belgariad, perhaps?

HoOmAn

Wednesday, December 1st 2004, 9:10am

Indeed!

You got it!

The books of the Belgariad-Saga as well as of the following Malloreon-Saga are my favorite fantasy novels.

I rate David Eddings as one of the most gifted writers in that genre. Especially the way he develops characters and let them interact (Belgarion and C´Nedra, Belgarath and Polgara, Mandorallen and Lelldorin for example) is unique - at least to my limited knowledge. There are other writers that put together stories more twisted/complex and less straight forward but when reading such a novel I´d like to be entertaint and that´s what Eddings can best. I more than once was laughing until I had tears in my eyes when reading his stuff (including his books about Belgarath, Polgara and his Elenium- and following Tamuli-Saga).

So yes, my title refers to those books...

HoOmAn

Wednesday, December 1st 2004, 9:25am

Another tidbit, this day (Dec. 1) exactly one year ago I signed up on this very forum. I guess I should change my name to Neo or Mr. Anderson as it now seems I'm the choosen one! Either that or I am the seventh son of a seventh son of Iron Maiden fame.

Wednesday, December 1st 2004, 3:14pm

Say, Neo, er, Wes: have you already started with the presents? I had 101 PMs this morning, which is one more than I thought was possible. Do emperors get more space in their inbox?

And where'd this Chosen One/Dutch Trickster stuff come from?

PS: I prefer the Iron Maiden explanation, m'self.

HoOmAn

Wednesday, December 1st 2004, 4:35pm

Hokuspokus

Let´s have it with Freddy Mercury: It´s a kind of magic....

Probably also has something to do with Christmas....?!

Or Belgarath coming along...

Who knows?

Wednesday, December 1st 2004, 4:42pm

Hmmm... Rocky, looks like you are the only official emperor around at the moment.
Looks like a certain individual changed my rank to "Dutch Trickster" ^_^

Wednesday, December 1st 2004, 4:49pm

I shall now make a point of not deleting PMs until I see the extent of my new power.

HoOmAn

Wednesday, December 1st 2004, 5:16pm

Please note

Once several of us run against the upper limit of PMs allowed I decided to increase the volume of stuff an individual can hold in his inbox.

However, there still is a finite limit as the space my friend (who´s hosting us for no money at all) can provide is also limited.

I may be forced to downsize your inboxes again one day so better keep the level of PMs stored as low as possible.