You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, June 10th 2003, 6:52pm

What's our time scale here?

Are we running this real time, or some ratio (i.e. 1 month rt = i qtr SIM)

Visit my Russian/French fantasy fleet page:
http://admkuznetsov.tripod.com

Tuesday, June 10th 2003, 10:10pm

running in realtime seems not too clever.
I thought it was some ratio however i do not know what it is.

Wednesday, June 11th 2003, 3:18am

Depending on how much time people have for this, I had thought either a quarter every other week (= 6.25 years in a real year) or a quarter every week (= 12.5 years, or mid-1933).

J

Wednesday, June 11th 2003, 5:41am

well

I beleave its a quarter every week. Has everyone signed the treaty yet?

Wednesday, June 11th 2003, 9:46am

Italy has not signed the treaty yet.

Wednesday, June 11th 2003, 10:56am

why not if one may inquire? I would prefer everybody to have signed before we commence ...

cheers

Bernhard

Wednesday, June 11th 2003, 11:50am

hmm

I think Greece and Nordmark also have to sign?

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, June 11th 2003, 11:59am

Timescale

I think 1 quarter per week is too fast. Not all of us are online all the day or can spend that much time on the issue - and time you´ll need if you really check what your neighbors are building and what is necessary to counter it.

Quite early during our negotiations we thought about 1 quarter every 2 weeks and I still think this is the best way to handle things, at least at the beginning. If we got used to the progress and everythings fine we can try to speed up things a little bit.

So this is my proposal:

- 1 quarter every 2 weeks
- the moderator sets the deadline for each quarterly reports (Wes, you could start a new thread in the message board and just post something like "Reports for 2. quarter until 18.06." or so.)
- if someone misses a deadline without letting us know he will not have the time to post things (holidays or whatever) his factories and stuff continues with what they did the quarter before, ships already under construction continue but no new ships are laid down etc.

So what do you guys think? :o)

Wednesday, June 11th 2003, 2:43pm

Time scale

A quarter every two weeks is okay with me.

Thursday, June 12th 2003, 12:14am

sounds good

One quarter every 2 weeks would give us enough time to work out or quarterly reports and also allow the sim to progress at a decent pace.