You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, May 25th 2003, 4:43pm

regunning Iberia's light cruisers

Hi all

I have a rules question

As you can see on the infrastructure board, all my light cruisers have 17cm guns. I am planning o regunning them with 15.3 cm. Now since these aren't turrets but plain shielded guns, this should be reasonably easy:

- replace gun
- replace ammo handling and storage mechanisms with something smaller
- change ballistic tables

any suggestions as to how long this takes per ship?

cheers

Bernhard

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, May 25th 2003, 6:00pm

Time

What you want includes new hoists etc. So I would say look at the refit rules (which can be found within the infrastructure rules). It says:

2.2.2 Refits:

Any ship ages. Its combat ability degrades and time and technology advances. For each year over 15 that a ship has not been refitted, it suffers a 5% penalty to its combat performance. Note that a ship may be refitted at any time, subject to any relevant naval treaty restrictions.

A refit involves the replacement of relatively small items such as wireless, secondary guns, radar, and fire control directors. General internal hull fittings such as bulkheads and bunks may also be replaced at this time. It does not affect the ship’s hull or its overall performance to any notable degree.

The cost for refitting a ship is equivalent to 25% of its build cost. The time it takes to refit is equal to that figure as well. If a battleship originally cost 40,000 tons of material to build, its refit cost would be 10,000 tons of material and the time required would be 10 months. A refit does not add to the value of the ship, it just refreshes its combat ability.

Once a ship is refitted, it is no longer subject to the combat penalties mentioned above.