You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, August 12th 2007, 10:02pm

Marinkuriren Spring 1935

1st January
Karlskrona

The Navy has celebrated the new year by laying down 2 new warships for other nations, and confirming orders for another 3 vessels, 2 Submarines for Poland, and another Aircraft Carrier for Germany.

5th January
Trondheim

The Air force has today commissioned it's first 2 squadrons of Saab Orkan fighters, a design which it's maker Saab claims, will be in front line service for the next 10 years.

20th January

The Ministry of Defence has announced that the army will be re-organised over the course of the year in order to better suit it for modern warfare. Sources in the high-command of both the regular army, and the coastal rangers have stated that the Government feels the time of trench warfare is gone, and that free flowing battlefields are the future.

Sunday, August 12th 2007, 10:21pm

22nd January, Airfield 25 miles inland from Goteborg.

The grey-haired Airforce officer stood, shivering slightly as he was approached by the man from Kongsberg Försvar who had called him out here, to a basic airstrip in late January, with 6 inches of snow still on the ground.

"Good Morning" the man said, taking the airforce officers hand and shaking it profusely. "Glad you could come."
"Morning." Replied the officer, "May I ask why Kongsberg Försvar wanted me to come here?"

As he finished his question he started to hear the faint roar of aero-engines approaching from the east.

"No need to ask, the reason has arrived." The man replied. The roar of aero-engines grew louder as a pair of dots, sillouetted by the morning sun, came closer. As they drew closer, the Officer could make out the twin Nacelles, and then suddenly, with an almighty roar, the 2 aircraft sped past at full speed, barely 50feet from the ground.
"What are they?" The Airforce officer asked, mildly stunned. " They are the 2 prototype Geting Heavy fighters." The man stated, "2 Husquarna 1200hp aero engines giving a top speed of 360mph."
"Good!" The airforce officer, still mildly stunned exclaimed as he watched the 2 aircraft land, and slowly taxi towards him. "What is their armament?"
The Man, mildly surprised that the airforce officer had showed such interest, stammered for a few moments, then regaining control, returned to the statistics. "4-20mm Cannon, and provision for 2 500lb bombs."
"Excellent!" The airforce officer stated, clambering up onto the wing of one of the aircraft to inspect the cockpit. "Is Kongsberg Försvar offering to produce this aircraft for the airforce?"
"Would we have asked you out here otherwise?" The man asked, now realising he had made a sale. " I will inform my superiors that the airforce is interested, and would desire some evaluation aircraft."
"Thank you." The airforce officer shouted, now sat in the cockpit of the leading Geting, checking the controls. " I say." He asked, "Can I have a go?"

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Earl822" (Aug 12th 2007, 10:50pm)

Sunday, August 12th 2007, 10:53pm

Quoted

The Air force has today commissioned it's first 2 squadrons of Saab Orkan fighters, a design which it's maker Saab claims, will be in front line service for the next 10 years.

Probably more like 5 years if Nordmark is involved in no major wars. Typically the plane will just devolve into other duties, like ground-attack or interdiction as newer fighters become available. What sort of engine? Inline I'd guess at given the speed and horsepower available.

The air force officers next question is "how much is it" and then "good god you think we're going to pay you over twice as much for a plane worse than our new single-engined type?"

I have doubts over the ability to conduct either trench warfare, or maneuver warfare in the restricted terrain in Nordmark's mainland.

Monday, August 13th 2007, 2:03pm

I think the Geting will probably recieve better, flygmotor engines by 1937 to make her a decent fighter, but till then she is the best the airforce can get.
Inline, as the Saab & Husquarna engines are remarkably like RR Merlins

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Earl822" (Aug 13th 2007, 2:04pm)

Monday, August 13th 2007, 2:24pm

Maybe we'll see both at Talons one day...

Monday, August 13th 2007, 3:02pm

It's certainly the right period for the Nords to be trying to build a twin-engined fighter.

Monday, August 13th 2007, 6:50pm

The Odin is a Hurricane-type, the Orkan and Spitfire-type and the Geting and larger Whirlwind?

Monday, August 13th 2007, 8:41pm

Actually the Gloster F.9/37

Thursday, September 6th 2007, 9:35pm

1st January 1935

EXTRA! EXTRA!

WAR IN SOUTH AMERICA

It has been confirmed this morning that the Argentine Government has declared war on our friends the South African Empire. There has as yet been no news as to whether or not the South African Empire will call upon us to honour our long held alliance or whether they will consider this war a matter of honour, and fight alone.

The King has issued the following statement, "It is with great sadness that I have received the news of the war between the Argentine & South African peoples. I urge both sides not to shed blood without good reason, and ask that other nations do not get involved."

January 3rd

The Airforce has stated that any of its personnel who may wish to serve in a volunteer bomber squadron for service assisting our friends in the South African Empire fighting the Argentine forces, should come to air ministry in Karlskrona. The purchase of 14 Boeing B-17B type heavy bombers has been funded by several Nordish shipping companies with large interests in South America.

Sunday, September 16th 2007, 11:46pm

22nd January

Reports are coming from the Aland region of a massive explosion some miles out from the Navy's anchorage there. The Admiralty has refused to comment as to whether any of its ships may have been the cause of the explosion.

23rd January

The Mine laying Crusier, Vidar has arrived in harbour this morning, being towed by the Cruiser Åland. The Vidar bears the scars of a massive explosion on her quarterdeck, with much of the after section of the ship ripped open, and much of her superstructure is burned out.
According to official sources, it is thought one of her mines went off accidentally, causing a chain reaction, only stopped from being made worse by the quick thinking of one seaman, who jettisoned the unaffected mines.

An official warning of the mines has been issued to all baltic shipping, and a number of vessels from the Baltic Fleet have been ordered to destroy them.

Monday, September 17th 2007, 3:10am

24 January, 1935 - Berlin

The KM has offered the services of the Konigsburg minesweeping squadron to our Nordish allies upon learning of the Vidar incident. "After all," the KM spokesman said, "if there are any mines floating loose in the Baltic, that is a matter of definite concern to us."

Monday, September 17th 2007, 3:22am

[SIZE=3]Filipino Red Alert![/SIZE]

Advertencia! Warning! Atchung! An undetermined number of Filipinos are known to be loose in the Baltic, all shipping be aware! :D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Desertfox" (Sep 17th 2007, 3:23am)

Monday, September 17th 2007, 8:34am

The Government of Nordmark thanks the KM for its kind offer, and asks that the force offered would indeed come & aid in the search.

Monday, September 17th 2007, 11:42am

Russian Federation Government

thank government of Nordmark for prompt warning of navigational hazards in Baltic Sea, and offer services of 1st Mine Flotilla at Tallinn to assist managing consequences of recent unfortunate accident.

Monday, September 17th 2007, 12:06pm

24th January

The Government has welcomed the German and Russian Governments for their swift offers of assistance in destroying the mines left over from the Vidar incident.

In related news, the Navy has announced that of the ships complement of 495men, 110men died, 215 injured, and the remaining men relatively unharmed. Included in the tally of the dead is the Seaman who's comrades state saved the ship from sinking, and a filipino explosives expert who was aboard her.

Monday, September 17th 2007, 12:42pm

Quoted

Included in the tally of the dead is the Seaman who's comrades state saved the ship from sinking, and a filipino explosives expert who was aboard her.

Well, there's your problem!!! :D

Monday, September 17th 2007, 2:15pm

Who would be stupid enough to let a filipino explosives expert aboard a minelayer! :D

Monday, September 17th 2007, 2:46pm

Apparently at least someone in the Nordish Navy is......

January 26th, 1935 - Konigsburg

The Konigsburg minesweeping flotilla has set sail for Aland, preparatory to joining joint minesweeping operations with the Nordish and Russian navies to clean up the results of the Vidar accident.

Additionally, two minesweepers from the Kiel minesweeping flotilla (R-21, R-22) have set sail from Kiel to reinforce the Konigsburg flotilla.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Hrolf Hakonson" (Sep 17th 2007, 5:36pm)

Monday, September 17th 2007, 4:03pm

When coming aboard: "Trust me. I'm Iberian."

Seconds before the explosion. "I lied. I am really a Filipino."

[SIZE=4]*KABOOOM*[/SIZE]
:D

Wednesday, September 19th 2007, 2:27am

The Cigar Smoking Filipino" whistles innocently away...