You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, March 13th 2006, 11:47pm

Checking In

Just thought I'd better check in, before any rumors start.

I know the snow in Scotland got headlines here, but it certainly isn't going to bury houses...

The reason I'm a little behind is that I had exams in the middle of last month, and the workload's not fallen off much since. By way of example, this week I've got a Law assignment due, an Accounting exam (tomorrow morning!) and a Physics project all due. Last week was even worse.

I'll be hanging about the board, so my input will be possible on issues that you might want it, but the rest of my stuff may take some time to get through. It should happen that I'll be posting reports at roughly the same times as the rest of you until mid-May, but Newsroom posts may have to wait until my finals are done at that time.

I'm hoping not, but it is a possibility; there's serious talk of not getting some courses finished.

Essentially, I'm likely to be acting as a 'caretaker' player for the next 2 months or thereabouts. At the end of the day, real life does have to take priority, however much I may want to do this.

Thanks for your consideration,
RLBH

Tuesday, March 14th 2006, 12:13am

What are you doing Rob, highers? I actually found this place a welcome distraction during exams. Something completely different to do for a change. Longer items take time of course, which normally isn't possible.

Quoted

I'm hoping not, but it is a possibility; there's serious talk of not getting some courses finished.

National strike of lecturers last tuesday, now things are worse as lecturers are refusing to mark coursework or set exams until the pay dispute is over. What does this mean? Lots of people will fail and lots of people won't graduate

Tuesday, March 14th 2006, 8:38am

Advanced Highers, actually. They're equivalent to the A Level courses.

Quoted

I actually found this place a welcome distraction during exams. Something completely different to do for a change. Longer items take time of course, which normally isn't possible.

Probably true, and that's why I'm keeping at it. I'm just very aware that, in the next few months, I'm going to have a major workload.

Quoted

National strike of lecturers last tuesday, now things are worse as lecturers are refusing to mark coursework or set exams until the pay dispute is over. What does this mean? Lots of people will fail and lots of people won't graduate

Nasty. That makes the mismanagement of my Chemistry course look not too bad (31 hours left for 60 hours' work).

Robert