You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, November 8th 2006, 9:28pm

Mwaahaahaahaa!!!

In best evil genius voice....
Tremble before me, mere mortals!
For the Iberian and Danish navies have just recieved a fourfold increase in capability!!!!

Wednesday, November 8th 2006, 9:38pm

You've acquired a new computer or a modem connection that is four times better than your previous model?

Wednesday, November 8th 2006, 9:41pm

Either that, or they received a shipment of 4 shells to go with the 1 they already had.....

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, November 8th 2006, 9:43pm

Your child is born?

Wednesday, November 8th 2006, 10:27pm

Their fuel budget went from one ton per ship per week to four per ship per month, and nobody shot the accountant?

Wednesday, November 8th 2006, 10:33pm

The Iberian and Danish fleets were zapped a few times by the Dup-o-Matic?

Wednesday, November 8th 2006, 11:06pm

Ithekro almost got it.......

Laptop got an injection of ram, 512mb to 2Gb...ooh, the speed!!!!

Thursday, November 9th 2006, 12:45am

So you were the won who rigged the US midterms!! :(

Thursday, November 9th 2006, 12:53am

Unfortunately not.....
The Democrats didn't get the Senate.......

Thursday, November 9th 2006, 5:55am

Don't speak too soon. Apparently they did...pending the lawyers of course, always have to wait for the lawyers.

Thursday, November 9th 2006, 5:58am

Hopefully we'll know by Friday.

In any case congrats Commodore!

Thursday, November 9th 2006, 6:25am

Quoted

Originally posted by CanisD
Don't speak too soon. Apparently they did...pending the lawyers of course, always have to wait for the lawyers.

Good greif, you guys need a third party to stop all these narrow margin victory's. Then again you could end up with a commie party like our New Democratic Party here in Canada so that might not be a good idea.

Me, I went from 512MB to 1.536Gb earlier this year and it made a huge difference in speed accessing the forums.

Thursday, November 9th 2006, 6:44am

Oh we have lots of third parties, just none that don't take extreme positions and thus cannot be considered too often by the population in general. Best they tend to do is 5%, though two seats in the Senate are from third parties, so even if its 49-49, that's not control because you have two that aren't Republican nor Democrat. Ross Perot's Reform Party was about as close as they came since probably Teddy's run for a third term.

But what we need is a Progressive Party. Someone willing to get their heads out of the sand long enough to either see the real problems as oppose to the government created ones, or look seriously into space colonization before we get to a point were our race is in serious trouble....well more serious trouble anyway.

The Falconists Party lean in that direction....but they also lean towards Imperialism, Expansionism, and Manifest Destiny.

Thursday, November 9th 2006, 9:40am

One problem is that one area where Republicans and Democrats seem to always agree is keeping third parties out of the picture. Its pretty much impossible for a third party candidate to get into debates, etc... since both parties try and keep them out. Sometimes its hard just to get on the ballot. If their lucky they might get on the local news or public access cable TV but its very rare to see any third party in a debate with the big guys. Libertarian seems to be the main third party, which isn't saying much. Here in SC they sometimes can get a couple percent of the vote, sometime larger in local races.

Thursday, November 9th 2006, 10:32am

The problem is the atmosphere in the U.S. is so partisan these days. Looks like you guys are stuck with either a Liberal or Conservative dictatorship, whichever you choose.

Personally I'd like to see a mass campaign that would see 60% of the population spoil the ballet or vote for anyone but the Dem's/Rep's. I doubt the message would be recieved though, polititians are on the same plain as lawyers and mobsters...

Thursday, November 9th 2006, 11:15am

On the spoiled vote thing.....
There is a character on Irish children's TV called "Dustin" who has run for both government and presidential elections.
Have a read of this!!!
I says it all about spoiled votes, but what it doesn't say is that in the last "Dail" (our house of commons, or house of representatives), in 1 constituency down the country after they checked the spoiled ballots, he had effectively claimed the third seat after the first round of the count!

HoOmAn

Thursday, November 9th 2006, 3:14pm

Nice new ´puter, Commodore.

Me is awaiting a new laptop these days - a brand new Toshiba Tecra A7 PTA71E-07600QGR........ *lechz*

Thursday, November 9th 2006, 3:21pm

That would be German for "Drools"?

Mac: Good stuff - I can fully understand how much nicer the new machine must be. Granted, Val didn't sound particularly impressed with Springsharp last night: "It doesn't draw the ship for you?"

HoOmAn

Thursday, November 9th 2006, 3:33pm

LoL

"´puter" is just a cut off "computer".....

Thursday, November 9th 2006, 3:34pm

Quoted

But what we need is a Progressive Party. Someone willing to get their heads out of the sand long enough to either see the real problems as oppose to the government created ones, or look seriously into space colonization before we get to a point were our race is in serious trouble....well more serious trouble anyway.

Agreed...the way it is now, the Elephant is simply the slightly lesser of the two very large evils.