You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, September 10th 2007, 1:57pm

Naval Tactic Evolution

Some of You may remember that I was working on my own website.

Its about naval tactics evolution over the years.
I finaly found bouth time and resorces too begin.
My bibliography on the subject is vast(87 kg of books).

Im asking You all what do you thing of the format I devised.
Im thinking about writing a series of storys. Each story will cover one naval battle of each era. Mind You it will not be about some sailor seving on bourd of HMS Victory under admiral Nelson. As that will be most problematic from factual point, as its near imposible to make that story accurate.
If I tryied that the debate over it will degrade too You got the foods,sleeping conditions,naval signal's etc.. wrong.
So all the battles will be fictional.

So far i will write a hellenic era story,Roman era story,
Age of sail story,ironclad story, Predread story, Dreadnought battle story,A carrier battle story, night BB battle story(ironbottom sound), Anti-ship missle game story.

My main goal is to show how each new invention change the naval architecture and tactics, how each new abbility change the way how ships fought each other.For exsample how putting iron on the hull aloved too survive a bourdside, or how the range finder made it posible to hit something from 5000 meters away.

So what do You think? What other storys too put in with ,if any, too drop?

You comment on this general idea, will be greatly helpfull.

Monday, September 10th 2007, 2:33pm

Where's the website?

Monday, September 10th 2007, 2:50pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
Where's the website?

Work in progress.

So far it only a bunch of paper's, some word documents, and paint made drowning's.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Marek Gutkowski" (Sep 10th 2007, 2:57pm)