You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, July 12th 2012, 4:06pm

Beijing Newspaper Q2/1942 - Chinese news and events - April / May / June

April

03. April
The two Yinkou-Class ships Lincang and Lincong were completed today at the Bohai Shipbuilding at Tianjin. It is expected that they will join the fleet late this year following their trials and initial work-up.

12. April
Representatives of China's leading aircraft manufacturer travel with the Trans-Siberian railroad to europe. There are planned meetings with representatives of the german industry, to talk about the purchasing of training aircrafts.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "parador" (Jul 19th 2012, 10:21pm)

Monday, July 16th 2012, 1:51pm

14. April
"We wish all the best for Primeminister Jong Un, and hope that the peaceful coexistence of our two nations will persist and that our economic cooperation will be intensified." the chinese primeminster said in an interview. "For this reason, a chinesisiche delegation under the leadership of our esteemed Minister for Transport and Industry Ming Pi Wai will soon leave for Chosen."

Wednesday, July 18th 2012, 10:34am

somewhere in the indian ocean aboard the HICMS Wu Feng

Captain Kan Yu-feng could almost feel that the air pressure fell incessantly.The wind that had blown constantly for two days with 40 knots from the northwest was gusty, reaching now sometimes a speed of 50 knots.First snow showers swept already down on the swollen, lead-colored ocean and every 40 seconds roared a gigantic, half a mile long wave beneath the keel of the ship.In less than 15 minutes, wind and sea, which had previously been quite manageable, has become downright dangerous - a phenomenon that we encountered in this area of the southern Indian Ocean is relatively common. And here, at the edge of the "Roaring Forties", where the HICMS Wu Feng stamped bravely across the wind to the southeast, the weather was very unpredictable.

Wednesday, July 18th 2012, 6:09pm

19. April
E.W.I.L presents the new carrierbased fighter, which is the result of a request catalog of the ministry of defense. The EW-201 is an almost 600 kph fast airplane, which is driven by a strong radial engine with nearly 1800hp.

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 5:46pm

27. April
A Chinese delegation is traveling, under the direction of Ming Pi Wai, the Chinese Minister of Transport and Industry, to Chosen. He is accompanied by the Managing Director of the Eurasia airline and other senior government officials.
On the agenda of the visit are negotiations regarding the acquisition of Chosen's newest aircraft. Furthermore, China has agreed to support Chosen to build a fertilizer plant. (Finally, China has experienced at first hand what a blessing was given to agriculture, since there is the possibility of fertilization. Since then, there was no famine in the last years in China.)

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 5:51pm

The same kind of "fertilizer plant" that the Chinese use to make mustard gas and phosgene?

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 5:56pm

Quoted

The same kind of "fertilizer plant" that the Chinese use to make mustard gas and phosgene?

More likely the same kind of "fertilizer plant" where they have accidents. :)

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 6:02pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

China is a peaceloving country !!! And by the way triethanolamine and phosgene are also parts of Insecticides and Herbicides.

Sure you can make a weapon out of everything, but why should China make this ??? There is no reason for it.

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 6:17pm

Quoted

Originally posted by parador

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

China is a peaceloving country !!! And by the way triethanolamine and phosgene are also parts of Insecticides and Herbicides.

Sure you can make a weapon out of everything, but why should China make this ??? There is no reason for it.

China is a country that loved peace so much that they fought over a sandbank with the Philippines.

Yes, triethanolamine and phosgene have some civilian uses, but the major one is chemical weapons. It's quite curious that Chosen starts a hunt for chemical weapons and China promptly responds by helping with a "fertilizer plant" which "coincidentally" could provide such weapons. Yet China seriously expects us to believe that it's "peaceloving"? How gullible does China think everyone is?

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 6:25pm

It should be considered that in east asia vermins and bugs are much bigger and more aggressive than in western europe. That's why it needs great effort and a lot of chemicals to keep the crops growing, the soil fertile and the stomachs of millions of people filled.

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 6:52pm

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 8:06pm

OOC : I will observe that as both China and Japan are signatories to the 1907 Hauge convention, which bans poison gasses. As part of Japan OTL, I expect that treaty obligation falls on Chosen as well.

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 12:14pm

But that is only the case OTL.

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 12:20pm

IF i did a correct research, Korea (Chosen) didn't signed the revised version of the Hague Convention (1907) [source: German Wikipedia http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haager_Landkriegsordnung]

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 2:42pm

Quoted

IF i did a correct research, Korea (Chosen) didn't signed the revised version of the Hague Convention (1907) [source: German Wikipedia http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haager_Landkriegsordnung]

This is quite true. Korea was not a signatory to the 1907 Hague Convention.

As indicated here in the relevant English Wikipedia article, Korea was not allowed to participate in the 1907 Hague Conference due its questionable status as a Japanese protectorate.

Friday, July 27th 2012, 1:26pm

05. Mai; Beijing - Meetingroom of the High Council

"I think there is now no longer any doubt that the war against the filipinos have shown, that our navy
urgently needs modernization" began the commander in chief of the chinese navy. In his plea, he spoke
more about the current state of the navy and the, in his eyes, low quality .

.... some minutes later .....

"And that's why I asked the CNDO to develop the following types of submarines:

- Coastal Submarine
- Long Range Submarine
- Medium Submarine (Fleet Sub)
- Minelaying Submarine"

With these words the admiral concluded his plea, and bowed deep before the Emperor.

"The points you have outlined are clear and unambiguous, and I will instruct my cabinet in this regard,
that all economic resources will be made available to implement this project into reality." the emperor
said approvingly. "But now we come to another point, the modernization of the Chinese Air Force" .....

.... nearly half an hour later .....

»Talk not to me of a modernization !« General Chin roared. »That's not modernization that is clearly
an invasion of my powers and curtailment of our defense capabilities ! Why on earth would you want
to mothball ALL our heavy bombers ? Just by their presence alone the peace is secured.«

And then he did something, what he had in the presence of the Emperor never thought would be possible:
He turned on his heel to march out of the hall.

"If you go now, General Chin, you will leave this assembly as the former commander of the Chinese Air Force,"
the Emperor said warningly. "You can contribute to it - or you can resign from your post and have nothing more
to do with it."

General Chin froze. Then he turned slowly to the meeting and said in a loud, clear voice:
»I command the strongest air force in the region. I will lead them into the battle - but not into oblivion.«

»You have already made sure that we are seen as a warmonger«, the emperor noted, » Would you not like to
lead them to new greatness ? You may be known as the man who has led the Chinese Air Force to a new
higher level ! You have the choice !«

Chin knew that he should not accept this offer. It would have been more honorably shooting a bullet through
the head, than accepting this offer. But he did not leave the meeting, instead he came back to the conference
table and sat down. No one was more surprised than he, when the complete High Council applauded.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Friday, July 27th 2012, 7:45pm

Quoted

Originally posted by BruceDuncan

Quoted

This is quite true. Korea was not a signatory to the 1907 Hague Convention.

As indicated here in the relevant English Wikipedia article, Korea was not allowed to participate in the 1907 Hague Conference due its questionable status as a Japanese protectorate.

True, it's a problem we've run into before, as the histories differ. For example, SAE didn't exist, but was basically part of the UK. I believe (and could definitely be in error here) we've basically assumed that if the same area geographically was bound by that treaty, then the Wesworld nation is..Atlantis, well I dunno.

From the reading I did, it didn't sound like the Korean reps were considered legitimate, and they were turned away as Japan was the power representing.

Saturday, July 28th 2012, 1:20am

Speaking for myself, I'd disagree with the assumption about treaty signatures.

Saturday, July 28th 2012, 4:14am

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk
True, it's a problem we've run into before, as the histories differ. For example, SAE didn't exist, but was basically part of the UK. I believe (and could definitely be in error here) we've basically assumed that if the same area geographically was bound by that treaty, then the Wesworld nation is..Atlantis, well I dunno.

The beauty of being a purely fictional country, no assumptions!

Tuesday, August 21st 2012, 10:26am

07.Mai
The port of Dairen is festively decorated. Today the Seaplane Tender Yingkou will be formally handed over to Mexico. For this reason, the Mexican ambassador will also participate in the celebrations.