You are not logged in.

Friday, September 30th 2011, 11:42pm

Vacation

I'm out on vacation. Back on October 10th - will probably drop by between then and now, but I shan't be around all that much.

Saturday, October 1st 2011, 12:05am

Have fun doing whatever you do when your not working!

Saturday, October 1st 2011, 8:07am

Have fun!!

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 3:23am

Am having fun! :D

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 7:32pm

Incidentally, Wes, saw your Mom on the freeway here. I knew because the license plate said "WESMOM"! ;) :P

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 9:00pm

Thats most odd....

Monday, October 10th 2011, 5:13am

I have returned.

I'm going to bed now.

Monday, October 10th 2011, 5:14am

So early? I am disappoint, sir!

Monday, October 10th 2011, 5:18am

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc
So early? I am disappoint, sir!

Shush, you! I was up very early after little sleep. :P But I took it like a man and kept driving. Except for the massive traffic jam. I just sat there for that...

Monday, October 10th 2011, 3:47pm

...anyway, my trip was good. I had excellent weather the entire time I was out, with very pleasant temperatures and a long string of sunny days. A lot of bright beautiful fall colors to see. I did get a wee bit of rain getting back into town last night, but that wasn't so bad - and we need the rain badly.

Got to see Lady L (which was the point of the trip) and two of my college friends and their kids, who entertained themselves by sticking dozens of monkey stickers on my sleeve.

Only particularly vexatious thing that happened was getting into west KCK right as the big weekend auto race let out. The ten-thousand-odd people who were trying to get out clogged up the tollbooths and I ended up sitting in stop-and-go traffic for about forty minutes.

...but now, back to posting! :D :P

Monday, October 10th 2011, 4:03pm

Glad to see you back safe and sound and in obvious good spirits.

Looking forward to seeing the posts. As you can see much has happened while you were gone. ;)

Monday, October 10th 2011, 4:20pm

Quoted

Originally posted by BruceDuncan
Looking forward to seeing the posts. As you can see much has happened while you were gone. ;)

Yes, much news I can respond to. :)

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Monday, October 24th 2011, 6:15am

Now I'm off on vacation, back next weekend.

Monday, October 24th 2011, 6:47am

Later Kirk! Enjoy your vacation.

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 1:41am

Enjoy!

Kaiser Kirk

Thursday, October 27th 2011, 7:42pm

Back.
Unfortunately, I caught the area slightly too late this year. I had wanted to go late Sept/early Oct, and that would have been just right, but work priorities got in the way. Still, several days off work and got to tour around. Plus got nice pictures of an Otter family.

Thursday, October 27th 2011, 7:53pm

Careful! They're watching you! :D

Thursday, October 27th 2011, 8:02pm

D'aw, otters! I've always liked otters...

Kaiser Kirk

Thursday, October 27th 2011, 8:29pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
Careful! They're watching you! :D

They were ! They also wouldn't sit still and pose at a decent distance.

You see the right one in the lower pic - stuck it's tongue out at me !

They were quite aware of my presence, whenever they surfaced they'd look at me. I swapped lenses and retreated from the waters edge in the hopes of offsetting that. I was about to leave when they got out of the water, so worth the wait in the fall's spray.

Friday, October 28th 2011, 5:29am

I will be away for most of the weekend for my first swim meets of the year. As it is only one of the three overnight trips I have this year, the meets are sandwiched between two 8+ hour bus rides, with a 2.5+ one thrown in between the two meets for good measure. On the plus side, this will give me a great opportunity to catch up on my news, so if all goes well, I should have some fresh stuff for Brazil, and hopefully Thailand when I return (this is all dependant on the laptop's battery :D) .

Also, sorry for my relative lack of presence over this past month. School has been doing its best to level me. I'm not quite out of the woods yet, but will get back into writing grove eventually. I have plans for some fun...*evil laugh*
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon