You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, July 7th 2005, 3:58pm

London explosions this morning

Just dropping you folks a line to tell you that my wife and I are all right, although 3 of the explosions were quite close to our hotel.

Thursday, July 7th 2005, 4:12pm

Glad to hear it. I've only seen sketchy information so far, but it sounds like there have been deaths. Not good.

Keep safe,

J

Thursday, July 7th 2005, 4:22pm

goodness, didn't know that you were around. glad to hear you're safe.

Thursday, July 7th 2005, 4:33pm

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
Glad to hear it. I've only seen sketchy information so far, but it sounds like there have been deaths. Not good.

Keep safe,

J

not good indeed. Some sources talk about 45 deaths ,others estimate around 90...maybe more.

11-S-NY and 11-M-Madrid rehearsal. First nation attacked was USA, then came Spain, now is UK. Wanna bet the offensive won't stop here?.

I'm starting to think that it's really about time to nuke and blast the hell out of some SOBs...it's becoming an "it's us or them" game here, and if we don't play under their rules and terms, we'll be attacked by terrorists once and once again.

Glad to hear you're OK, adm.Kuznetsov. I didn't know you were around London, either.

Thursday, July 7th 2005, 5:14pm

I was thinking if people I knew were in London. I just hoped you were in Stockholm by now. One of my relatives works down that way, I'll try and contact him later when he might have got home. 32 deaths so far, on the whole it doesn't seem to have been as bad as it could have been. I don't live anywhere near btw.

www.bbc.co.uk

Thursday, July 7th 2005, 5:18pm

Glad to hear you're OK.

Thursday, July 7th 2005, 5:27pm

Good to hear you´re ok Adm. Kuznetsov...

Honestly, I don´t now what to say other than here in Spain we know how the british people must be feeling right now... that and a prayer for the death ones.

Thursday, July 7th 2005, 5:40pm

Glad to hear your Ok Stuart....

I'm extremly angry right now, we seriously need to unite to weed these cowards out.....unfortunately we in the west are incredible self rightous, complaitiant and politically correct to take the steps needed to stand up to these neandertals.

Instead places like Gitmo are labeled "the Gulag of our times". I'm sure the Gulag allowed you a religously sensitive diet, your favorite holy book and other amenities.

Thursday, July 7th 2005, 5:51pm

ah, and create more recruits for al-quaeda?

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, July 7th 2005, 5:54pm

Oh no....

No political discussion (about Al-Quaeda etc.) here and now.

Thanks.

Thursday, July 7th 2005, 8:06pm

At least no one on this board was directly involved in this situation.

Thursday, July 7th 2005, 11:40pm

Glad to hear everyones fine.

Friday, July 8th 2005, 12:21am

I eco that sentiment....good to hear no one here was involved or hurt.

As for creating more AQ recrutes, doing nothing has made things worse so I'm not about to advicate that type of action, notice the terrorists linked these cowardly attacks to Afganistan too, no one had a problem with that war.

Friday, July 8th 2005, 1:33am

Glad to hear everyone's OK.

I think we all know that these terrorist eat with their right hand only because there left is their masturbating hand.

Unfortunately we have realised too late that we can't bomb people into thinking like us - just as we expect not to be influenced by them bombing us. The difficult thing is catching someone before they commit murder and someone who doesn't care if they kill themselves to get you is next to impossible to catch.

Perhaps the best course would be to lavishly fund women only universities (with women only lecturers (obviously they'll be western women)) across the middle east and then wait a generation or two.

Cheers,

Friday, July 8th 2005, 1:50am

Quoted

Perhaps the best course would be to lavishly fund women only universities (with women only lecturers (obviously they'll be western women)) across the middle east and then wait a generation or two

That might be interesting if one can get past the religious aspect of the culture to allow for the women to take over.

In a Wesworld sense, I wonder if this will have an impact in the sim? Such as the Silver Cresent Meetings, SALSA, Piracy, and Terrorist activities such as near French Guiana and in the United States.

I've been under the impression that most of the board is made of Westerners (Europeans and Americans) and have a wide varienty of opinions on current events, and a wide variety of temperments. I just wonder if today's event will reflect on some of our played out events?

Friday, July 8th 2005, 1:53am

Not here

The way I see it is, if you allow the attacks to change what you were planning to do - they've won.

BTW, there's a nice little "not-a-tribute" story by 'TheArgus' over on the Naval Fiction Board that's worth reading.

Friday, July 8th 2005, 1:54am

Quoted

Unfortunately we have realised too late that we can't bomb people into thinking like us

I don't think its too late, the terrorists are still trying to bomb us into thinking like them and we all see how thats working. My biggest beef is the self doubt that runs amuck in the west. We are to busy critisizing ourselfs.

I don't have to question our nations integrity, here in Canada we have just allowed Gays to marry legally, not something I would agree with but it just shows the level of freedom we have in the west.

So when a terrorist bombs a bus in Spain or London or Tel Aviv I dont ask what did we do to prevoke this, I ask where are the culprits and what are we doing to round them up and give them the correct punishment.

We have to treat these guys accordingly, they are criminals, and we should convict and sentance them in their own methods not ours. A legal suit filed against a guy hiding in the rugged caves of Afganistan/Pakistan is not going to have any effect.

War is war, why fight with one hand tied behind your back, all the while questioning your own morality?

Friday, July 8th 2005, 1:58am

When I first heard about what happened in London, my first thoughts were" oh God, not again!", followed by "Please let it not be the IRA" as Anglo-Irish relations could not take that much shit at this juncture. I am glad to know that ALL the people I know in London (or visiting (AK!)) are all alive, intact and well. My heart goes out to all those injured today, and to the families and friends of those who lost thier lives.

May their Gods have mercy on their souls.

Friday, July 8th 2005, 2:06am

Its truely shocking and barbaric, the G-8 leaders are trying to work on anti-poverity issues, so it speaks volumes in reguards to the terrorits integrity (or extreme lack thereof).

Friday, July 8th 2005, 2:17am

"From a certain point of view"...

...We are fighting a very old war, just the tactics have changed to reflect the technology and the political changes the world has undergone since the beginning (whenever that actually was...again depending on one's point of view).

In Wesworld we, in our own way, are attempting to come up with solutions to the problems our (great-(great)) grandfathers either dealt with, or in some cases caused through either vengeance, ignorance, or arrogance. The fall of the Ottoman Empire and its aftermath, which we are exploring here in 1927, could be considered one of these causes.

But others say this goes way back to prehistoric days, about the meeting of Cro-magnon and Neanderthal, and the inner hate is a genetic memory....but again this goes back to "point of view".