You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, October 30th 2003, 3:35pm

Concerning ships, and the funeral

OT: I finally found a way to edit the subject-line of mis-subjected threads. Go me!

In one recent news-item, I declared that Nordmark is looking to purchase ships. While one of the ships in question was German-owned, and thus a case between myself and Rock Doctor, most are under US or British control, and thus not under player control. I am uncertain on what can be determined a reasonable outcome of this request. While my impression is that the British Shipping Controller was not particularly interested in maintaining a reserve-fleet of transports, it seems the US Navy had more interest in this (though I do believe it did try to sell off all the ships at one point or other). It is also a question whether there would be a desire to sell in 1921, as opposed to 1924-25, when most of these were scrapped; while it in 1925 might have been obvious that a ship was past its "use by"-date, that might not be obvious in 1921 (After all, the Hansa ex-Viktoria Louise ex-Deutschland was given quite the rebuild in 1921, and yet was scrapped in 1925). Anyone have any opinions?

I will post July 9th news later today - there's nothing planned for July 8th. for July 10th I will post a summary of the evidence Nordmark presents, but I most likely will not do it in narrative style, as that takes rather more time to do. For July 11th, there is a short item, and there may be less important scattered items in July, then there is the funeral, mvoed to July 25th, and then fast-forward until Nordmark arrives in the South Atlantic.

Also, I need to know which dignitaries are present from various nations at the funeral. I believe it is safe to say that Denmark's royals, Britain's royals, and probably the United Netherlands royals will be present, but what about other nations? The bodies of King gustav and Queen Victoria will be brought from the Royal Palace to Riddarsholmkyrkan (a church) in a parade, and the coffins will be followed by the male members of the Nordmark Royal Family, the male members of the South African Imperial-Royal Family, male heads of other states, and no others - other persons will await the arrival of the caskets at Riddarsholmkyrkan. The Nordmark male Royals will be in the full splendour of their gala uniforms; the women will be dressed in black with black veils.

Thursday, October 30th 2003, 3:54pm

Attendance at the Royal funeral

President Kerenskii will represent Russian Federation at this solemn event.

President Millerand will represent the Republic of France.

Thursday, October 30th 2003, 9:49pm

Perhaps a lease? It'd allow the US to retain ownership, yet make some cash from them. Nordmark would be on the hook for damage or loss (unlikely if they're replacing militarized civilian shipping) for the year or two covered by the lease.

After that, the ships are returned to the US, unless Nordmark wishes to buy some of them outright. The US can then decide what it wants to do with them.

As for the funeral, three of India's family will be present:

The Raj, Rajiv Canagasundrum
The Rana, Aishwarya Canagasundrum
Princess Prahminder Canagasundrum

...but don't ask me what they're wearing.

Germany will be represented by President Ebert, rather than Wirth as previously reported.

Friday, October 31st 2003, 4:48pm

Iberia and the funeral

Present will be:

King Enrique III
Queen Isabella V

As well as the Prime Minister, Dom Gonzalves de Monaes

Bernhard