You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Ubiwan

Unregistered

Thursday, July 20th 2006, 10:43am

Hainan Dao or a never ending story

NEWSTICKER +++ Still no agreement in the controversy over Hainan Dao !!!! +++ Iberia refuses returning the island and China persisted on its legal requirement +++ Negotiations between Iberia and China failed +++ Chinese Ambassador requires meeting of the League of nation +++ NEWSTICKER

Thursday, July 20th 2006, 10:51am

What controversy? China wants something that isn't hers :)

Thursday, July 20th 2006, 11:14am

*pulls up a deck chair and grabs a Mohito*

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, July 20th 2006, 1:55pm

POPCORN !!!!

*bing bing bing*

Thursday, July 20th 2006, 2:36pm

*watches popcorn* Mmm, pretty explosions!!

Rule 12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Anybody bring the chips and salsa?

Thursday, July 20th 2006, 3:22pm

I'm thinking more along the lines of Ice Cream

Thursday, July 20th 2006, 4:08pm

Quoted

What controversy? China wants something that isn't hers :)

*Grabs jerrycan of fuel to throw onto the fire*
Yes, it wants something that isn't hers but actually should be hers! ^_^

Thursday, July 20th 2006, 4:11pm

Indeed...

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, July 20th 2006, 4:33pm

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
Indeed...

I question China´s right to claim the place...

Thursday, July 20th 2006, 4:44pm

Just to fuel the fire!!!

Down with Imperialism!
Give China what is rightfully theres!
Iberians go home!

Thursday, July 20th 2006, 4:49pm

More flames!!

Quoted

I question China´s right to claim the place...

"What the hell do you know about China´s right to claim the place? You're from goddamned South Africa!"

(I wonder if you know which quote I corrupted there to fit this situation)

Thursday, July 20th 2006, 4:58pm

*arms total-conversion epaulette bomb, tosses onto fire, and RUNS.*

Thursday, July 20th 2006, 5:00pm

In your case: "He who tosses a total-conversion epaulette bomb onto fire and runs away, is a happy camper the next day."
^_^

Ubiwan

Unregistered

Thursday, July 20th 2006, 5:08pm

Wei Liucheng, the chinese ambassador in geneve stand up and says "Hainan Dao was always Chinese territory, only by the illegitimate occupation of the island by Iberia belongs it no longer to China.

Hainan Dao was called the Zhuyá (Pearl Cliffs), Qióngyá (Fine Jade Cliffs) , and Qióngzhou (the Fine Jade Land). The latter two gave rise to the province's abbreviation, Qióng , referring to the greenery cover on the island.

Hainan first enters written Chinese history in 110 BC, when the Han Dynasty established a military garrison there. Settlement by mainlanders was slow however and from early on the island was considered to be fit only for exiles. It was in this period that the Li people arrived from Guangxi Province and displaced the island's aboriginal Malayo-Polynesian peoples.

In Wu Kingdom of the Three Kingdoms Period, Hainan was the Zhuya Commandery.

Under the Song Dynasty, Hainan came under the control of Guangxi Province, and for the first time large numbers of Han Chinese arrived, settling mostly in the north. Under the Yuan Dynasty (AD 1206-1368) it became an independent province, but was placed under Guangdong Province during the Ming Dynasty in 1370. In the 16th and 17th centuries large numbers of Chinese from Fujian and Guangdong began migrating to Hainan, pushing the Li into the highlands in the southern half of the island. In the 18th century the Li rebelled against the government - who brought in mercenaries from the Miao people regions of Guizhou Province. Many of the Miao settled on the island and their descendants live in the western highlands to this day.

Hainan was incorporated into Guangdong Province ...."

Thursday, July 20th 2006, 6:14pm

Hmmm

Chile supports China's claim.

Swamphen, I know you got the SALSA.

I'll bring the CHIPS.

Thursday, July 20th 2006, 7:50pm

Italy claims this;

http://www.yukoncollege.yk.ca/~agraham/n…oman_empire.jpg

because it is rightly hers.

I think I have more legality to my claim.

Thursday, July 20th 2006, 7:53pm

On what grounds would Italy have MORE legality?

Thursday, July 20th 2006, 7:56pm

Quoted

On what grounds would Italy have MORE legality?

Italy owns some of it already, plus with the language and starting civilisation proper in Europe.

Just realised I need a better map showing the Empire at its fullest extent.

Thursday, July 20th 2006, 8:08pm

Quoted

Italy claims this;

Mmmm...okay, but we're not agreeing to any increase Cleito Treaty allocations when you collect it all.

Thursday, July 20th 2006, 8:22pm

Quoted

Mmmm...okay, but we're not agreeing to any increase Cleito Treaty allocations when you collect it all.

Why would Italy need a navy anymore?