You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, April 23rd 2009, 11:44pm

I'm Tempted.........

..now I should point out, I'm a founder member of the World League of Uncontrollable Fidgets.
If I'm not doing something with my hands (typing, building a model, rebuilding the bike, constructing shelves for the missus, etc) I go stark raving crazy.

As to what is tempting me......THIS!!

At least, it is topical!!

Friday, April 24th 2009, 12:03am

I did that once when I was younger.

Not exactly perceived as a "manly" occupation, but all of my ROTC friends from college knew how to sew (as they all had to fix the clothes they tore). And of course every sailor in the old days knew it.

My aunt is an excellent cross-stitcher; good enough that she beats out the Mennonites and Amish who also attend her county fairs.

Friday, April 24th 2009, 1:41am

RE: I'm Tempted.........

Quoted

Originally posted by Commodore Green
..now I should point out, I'm a founder member of the World League of Uncontrollable Fidgets.
If I'm not doing something with my hands (typing, building a model, rebuilding the bike, constructing shelves for the missus, etc) I go stark raving crazy.

Same...usually Video Games or something on the computer, but that's been kind of light lately....so I finally broke back into my stacks of model kits, and have a bunch in various states of assembly. It's all reminded me how much I hate painting... --;

Friday, April 24th 2009, 1:46am

I actually have a hammer on my desk for my own fidgety hands.

Friday, April 24th 2009, 5:53pm

Quoted

It's all reminded me how much I hate painting... --;

Don't paint it, airbrush it. :D

Friday, April 24th 2009, 9:20pm

I spent most of thursday making this. It definitely kept my hands busy, although they're still blue and started burning at one point when I spilt acetone on them.

Can you tell what it is yet?

Friday, April 24th 2009, 9:22pm

I suspect it's the shell for one of those sweet little solar racecars, like the engineers in my university built a few years back. It doesn't look like a boat...

Friday, April 24th 2009, 10:57pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
I suspect it's the shell for one of those sweet little solar racecars, like the engineers in my university built a few years back. It doesn't look like a boat...

You'd be surprised!!

Friday, April 24th 2009, 11:43pm

I acctually though it did look like a boat, specifically a sail boat.

Saturday, April 25th 2009, 12:21am

Give it a couple of week and it'll transform into something.

Saturday, April 25th 2009, 3:14am

I see epoxy and fiberglass. It looks somewhat like a boat, but it will end up being pretty light. I second Brock's idea...

Saturday, April 25th 2009, 10:34pm

I suppose it would float. Construction is thin-thick-thick matting with polyester resin. It should (I haven't trimmed and measured it yet) be 3mm thick so its nice and light.