You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, March 5th 2009, 1:43pm

Ships for Sale

Ships now up for disposal from Q2 onwards.

Four 1914 C Class cruisers (Royalist, Aurora, Conquest, Cordelia)

Eight T Class destroyers

I've one bid for the cruisers but if there are any other takers feel free to bid.

Thursday, March 5th 2009, 1:50pm

I don't see the T-class anywhere in the UK Encyclopedia, what do they look like?

Thursday, March 5th 2009, 2:19pm

I meant S class! I'm guessing they are identical to the earlier S Class destroyers.

The names of the ships are HMS Tobago, Torbay, Toreador, Tourmaline, Tryphon, Turquoise, Tuscan and Tyrian.

Thursday, March 5th 2009, 4:58pm

If you're willing to wait until 1938 on the destroyers, Ireland will bid on them to turn them into Contae-class DEs. My biggest problem with Ireland buying them is role-playing - I've brought them from one ship to eighteen ships in the space of eighteen months, and they've got to be having recruiting and crewing problems... more destroyers will just make that worse. I want more Contae-class, I just don't think it's possible right now.

Chile has the crews, but no spare cash due to ongoing projects.

Bulgaria might be interested in the cruisers and the destroyers, but I'm juggling several ongoing programs and any purchase I make will throw another ball into the mix. I'll consider.

Thursday, March 5th 2009, 10:16pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S_class_destroyer_(1916)

They're the Thornycroft and Yarrow S class DDs; The Admiralty types are already with the RCN and RAN, pretty much.

Canada may be interested in them, since the indigenous DD program keeps getting delayed.

Wednesday, April 29th 2009, 5:53pm

The eight destroyers are now sold.

The four cruisers are up for grabs, I've one offer already but if anyone wishes to make a bid please do so.

Wednesday, April 29th 2009, 8:45pm

Brazil is definately interested in the cruisers, and likely can't buy from the SAE or the Nords due to a recent disturbance that happened in 1935.

Thursday, May 7th 2009, 5:30pm

The cruisers have been sold to Brazil.

That's all folks until 1938... (whisphers of R Class in the background) ;)