You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, November 10th 2005, 7:51pm

Post-Copenhagen plans

All,

Given the (seeming) results of the Copenhagen summit, I was thinking of sending Germany's Foreign Minister out on a world tour later in 1929, carried by Graf Zeppelin. I'd expect he could visit a number of places, but if there's any countries out there that would like to ink a treaty of some sort with Germany, this could be an ideal opportunity.

Thursday, November 10th 2005, 8:37pm

Herr Stresemann is welcome to visit Hyderabad, which is equipped to Graf Zeppelin as a result of scheduled service by SAE airship.

Whether there's a treaty to sign I don't know, but there are some cooperative issues to discuss such as the synthetic fuel program India is co-funding (see Indian and German news from around, oh, 1926 or so).

[Note: I nearly wrote "Led Zeppelin", but don't anticipate their visit for decades yet...]

Thursday, November 10th 2005, 9:27pm

Graf Zeppelin is welcomed in Sydney.

I have plans for airships and a regular service with the US. Graf Zeppelin might help that along.

Thursday, November 10th 2005, 9:48pm

The German Foreign Minister

is welcome to visit Paris and Moscow.

Thursday, November 10th 2005, 11:42pm

The Foreign Minister will be paying calls in Moscow and Paris, most likely before the round-the-world air cruise. To get to continental European cities it's only a train ride or two away, after all, less preparation and planning needed for the trip.

A visit to India will be part of the tour, and progress on the coal gasification project is definitely worth talking about.

Sydney.... after a quick check with the Zeppelin company, we have added Sydney to the tour.

Friday, November 11th 2005, 1:29am

And even though he has already been present on the ground, the Danish Aviation Authority believe that the spectacle of the Graff Zeppelin over Copenhagen, to celebrate the welcoming of Germany back into the international fold would be hard to resist!

Friday, November 11th 2005, 1:38am

Due to the "domestic troubles" (or, by then, aftermath therof...), the Filipinos will discuss business with Germany by sending a few officers to attend the Indian visit.

Friday, November 11th 2005, 3:16am

Quoted

by sending a few officers to attend the Indian visit

The fate of our alliance may depend on the exclusion of Commodore Garcia from this delegation.

Friday, November 11th 2005, 7:18am

Atlantis would be more than happy to host the Graf Zeppelin and could even offer a sheltered berthing.

Friday, November 11th 2005, 11:45am

Atlantis has been added to the itinerary, as has Copenhagen.

Friday, November 11th 2005, 6:49pm

The Commodore Who Ate The Subcontinent?

Quoted

The fate of our alliance may depend on the exclusion of Commodore Garcia from this delegation.

No worries mate...

Monday, December 19th 2005, 6:52pm

Graf Zeppelin's tentative route is, as of now, as follows: Berlin, Cleito, Washington DC, Sydney, Hyderabad, Moscow, Copenhavn, Paris, Berlin. Current plans put GZ at Cleito before the end of June, with the Foreign Minister signing the Cleito Treaty on behalf of Germany.

Monday, December 19th 2005, 9:02pm

Probably have her land at Lakehurst then take the train to DC. That way she can provision and repair after the trans-Atlantic voyage. It may be best to have her then cross the US to Camp Kearny at San Diego. The hanger there can easily hold her in preparation for the Pacific crossing. Historically the GZ had no problem crossing the Rockies in New Mexico when flying from west to east from LA to Lakehurst. Its 7500 miles to Sydney from San Diego, so a refueling stop in Samoa may be needed. I could place an expeditionary mast there along with fuel and hydrogen supplies.