You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, September 12th 2011, 1:12am

Polish SPG assault gun

18 TPU-1 (mod. 1942)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Daidalos" (Sep 12th 2011, 1:14am)

Monday, September 12th 2011, 1:22am

Very interesting. Is the gun in a casemate, I presume?

Monday, September 12th 2011, 1:22am

Now this looks rather interesting and believable. The only concern I have is with the way the gun is drawn. I wonder a gun (or howitzer, can't tell) fitted in a mantlet would really need the external gun cradle. Most tank or SPG guns I've seen don't have such, unless the gun is merely on a field carriage behind a gun shiield - which is not the case here.

Monday, September 12th 2011, 1:41am

Yes, the gun is in a casemate.... the gun is supposed to be a low velocity gun, comparable to the german S.i.G. 33. It is supposed to support attacks on fortified positions, destroy bunkers, Pillboxes, Buildings etc. Engagement of enemy tanks schould be avoided as the gun is not suitable for that purpose (no shaped-charges are available).
You are maybe right with the cradle....only thought it would look more badass this way....

Monday, September 12th 2011, 1:42am

Quoted

Originally posted by Daidalos

You are maybe right with the cradle....only thought it would look more badass this way....

It may look more threatening, but functionally it would not work well.

Monday, September 12th 2011, 1:45am

Here is a version wothout the cradle.....

18 TPU-2

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Monday, September 12th 2011, 1:52am

Now that looks cool!