You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, October 3rd 2011, 10:28pm

New fish in the pond

Hi everyone. Since there doesn't seem to be a common introduction thread around here I'll present myself here.
I decided to join because Hood contacted me over on Shipbucket and invited me to do so.
I'm a fair hand at SB style drawings and I have a basic understanding of SpringSharp.
If you have a ship you'd like to have illustrated feel free to contact me.

Btw, I've recently started work on my very own Alternate Universe (AU for short) and I'd like to know if it's okay to post it here? If it isn't I'll stick to posting the designs and their SS reports, though I feel they make much more sense when taken in context.

Monday, October 3rd 2011, 10:46pm

Welcome!

I am probably not the best person to answer your question about your AU, so I will let one of our moderators handle that one.

But I am quite familiar with your work over on Shipbucket and I hope you'll find yourself at home here.

Monday, October 3rd 2011, 10:56pm

Ahoy and welcome Thiel!

He's done some great work over at SB and I hope too that Thiel will feel at home with us here.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, October 3rd 2011, 11:29pm

Welcome

Welcome Thiel.

Where are you from? Your name could be German...

Feel free to participate in our discussions all over the place. Just note that only the player in charge of a country is allowed to post in that country's encyclopedia board.

Regarding your AU, the best place is the Non-WW Design folder. Make your own thread and post what you want to present.

Have fun,

HoOmAn

Monday, October 3rd 2011, 11:33pm

I'm Danish, but my name is indeed German, though my family comes from Poland originally.

HoOmAn

Monday, October 3rd 2011, 11:52pm

I guess that`s Poland as it is today, right? Might have been Schlesien pre-1945....?

Monday, October 3rd 2011, 11:58pm

My family emigrated around 1915. They came from Krakow.

HoOmAn

Tuesday, October 4th 2011, 12:01am

Okay, thanks.

Btw, what are your pet ships? Cruiser? Carriers? Sloops? What do you like most and why?

Tuesday, October 4th 2011, 12:34am

Torpedoboats, MTBs and sloops mostly, butI also have a thing for early submarines like this one

Tuesday, October 4th 2011, 2:46am

Welcome!
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Tuesday, October 4th 2011, 5:53am

Indeed, welcome. Glad to see new friendly faces. :)

Tuesday, October 4th 2011, 9:19am

Welcome !! Great to see new faces

HoOmAn

Tuesday, October 4th 2011, 11:18pm

Thiel,

if you´re looking for a challenge, please check the South African encyclopedia. You will note several aircraft carriers lack a drawing. Reason is, I am not good at drawing carriers for whatever reason. So any help is welcome. Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

HoOmAn

Wednesday, October 5th 2011, 2:33pm

I haven't drawn any carriers yet, but I'd like to try the Michel Endress light carrier.
I'll need some more information about her though.
Is the bow fully enclosed, is the strength deck the hangar deck or the flight deck etc.
Also, Am I right in assuming that you use British weapons?

Wednesday, October 5th 2011, 9:23pm

Greetings from the faux Denmark!!

Nice drawings!

Would you mind if I occasionally "pick your brains" about things Danish, just for accuracy's sake??

Wednesday, October 5th 2011, 9:27pm

Fire away.

Wednesday, October 5th 2011, 9:34pm

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind!

HoOmAn

Wednesday, October 5th 2011, 11:14pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Thiel
I haven't drawn any carriers yet, but I'd like to try the Michel Endress light carrier.
I'll need some more information about her though.
Is the bow fully enclosed, is the strength deck the hangar deck or the flight deck etc.
Also, Am I right in assuming that you use British weapons?

Well, the overall dimensions of the Endress are similar to the IJN Kaiyo but her look is too mercantile. Instead I´d go with an IJN Unryu, hot-washed to the right size. Of course she needs a real stack behind her bridge.

The 115mm mounts the RSAN uses look similar to the British 4.7"/50 (12 cm) QF Mark XI.

What else do you need to know?

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 10:03am

The springsharp sketch would be nice as well. Gives me something to work with as a base

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 4:42pm

I think you'd need to work that out yourself, as that drawing doesn't appear in the version of SS2 we all use.