You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, October 11th 2009, 11:57pm

New to Wesworld

Hello, I am new to Wesworld. Over at navalism, I play Romania. If no one minds, I would like to take a nation, preferably one that has the capacity to build at least 15,000 tons of warship material a quarter. Nordmark or France would be relatively interesting.

Monday, October 12th 2009, 12:08am

Howdy and welcome.

France is not available at present, I'm afraid, and we've been discussing having RLBH play Nordmark; aside from that, we don't have any open countries capable of producing 15,000 tons per year.

Monday, October 12th 2009, 12:17am

10,000 tons, then? I don't want to have to play a nation like Romania, challanged to survive surrounded by hositle nations and only 3,000 tons a year. I understand if no spots are available.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TexanCowboy" (Oct 12th 2009, 12:51am)

Monday, October 12th 2009, 1:12am

Also, why is France unavailable? It doesn't appear to be being played.

Monday, October 12th 2009, 1:15am

Quoted

Originally posted by TexanCowboy
Also, why is France unavailable? It doesn't appear to be being played.

Agent148 is playing it.

Monday, October 12th 2009, 1:16am

Oh, ok. Are there any nations available that don't have to struggle to build a heavy cruiser a year?

Monday, October 12th 2009, 1:22am

Quoted

Originally posted by TexanCowboy
Oh, ok. Are there any nations available that don't have to struggle to build a heavy cruiser a year?

Not... really? If RLBH accepts Nordmark, then Siam's the only country which I think is really open, and that's small.

Monday, October 12th 2009, 1:25am

Uh-oh... Can I take Nordmark if RLBH doesn't accept?

Monday, October 12th 2009, 1:35am

To be honest, we're a fairly easygoing bunch here, but we prefer to get a better feel for people before handing them the reigns of major to moderate sized nations.

Given that all interaction is scripted and requires cooperation in all respects, it requires a good sense between all involved of what's reasonable and what's not for the sim as a whole, and i've observed that people new to our little corner of the net can be much better prepared for what participating entails if they spend the time to observe and interact with what's already here before jumping right into a full playing role.

For example, I was a spectator for well over a year before taking on a nation, and many other (if not all) our long-standing players had a similar spectating phase. I've found this kind of process has contributed to maintaining the civil and collegial atmosphere that all of us enjoy.

I do however wish to stress that this is not meant as an implicit criticism on you, or any other potential player, but just my thoughts on the process in general.

Monday, October 12th 2009, 1:50am

That is quite alright, and I know it. Is there a possibility of taking over a smaller nation, than gradually moving up to a larger nation?

Monday, October 12th 2009, 8:11am

Hello Texan, welcome to our boards!

As others have already stated, a nation that produces 15,000 tons doesn't open up very often and usually we have someone who's lurked around for a while who's eager to take up that spot when it is.

We've had in the past players show up eager to play a nation only to disappear after a few months so we tend to ask those interested to participate on the ship design threads and participate in related discussions as a sort of "resume", basically a way to show just what kind of talents they have as some current players are good at either story telling or designing ships and some inbetween. We also ask them to seriously contemplate if they will be around for a significant time. If things work out they join the ranks.

We are a little less strict in that reguard with smaller nations because they are usually easier to manage and if the player does decide to leave without warning someone else can usually pick up the nation temperarily untill the next interested player. That said the addition of new players is a rare event and its even more rare for us to turn away potential players.

Feel free to stick around and participate in some discussions as well as submit the odd ship design and perhaps when available you may wind up with a nation!

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, October 12th 2009, 9:10am

Hi TexanCowboy,

Welcome to the Original! ;o)

It´s always good to have people join from other places that already bring in some experience. Feel free to lurk around and learn how WesWorld is running. You will notice that it is quite a bit different to Navalism, both in rules and athmosphere.

Please, if there are questions feel free to fire away. There is hardly anything you could ask that won´t be answered.

Regarding taking control of a power I have to back up what has already been said. This is the longest running such SIM in the net and it is so for some reason. So this is not directed your way but since we had our own share of trolls, we are a bit careful now to allow new players to get started.

That being said you will notice people here are open minded and if you stick around for some time, we´ll find a place for you in our little world.

Cheers,

HoOmAn

PS: I am not sure how things are in Navalism today. I have helped set it up but never really joined it. In WesWorld you might even have fun if you have a small power, thought you can´t build much. We once had a player who focused on Coldmere, some kind of Monaco-like mini kingdom the size of a single city that was placed at the Nordmarkian coast. The biggest ship he ever had at hand was a single DD BUT he was involved in a lot of story scripting and roleplaying. I sense you are more the "Want big ships" kind of guy but if roleplaying is appealing to you, Coldmere is still available too.

Monday, October 12th 2009, 10:04am

HI TexanCowboy,

welcome to the one and only SIMULATION in the web. :D

Of course it is always good to get "Fresh Blood" into our simulation, but you will of course understand that a membership couldn't be lightly awarded, the reasons were indeed mentioned.

Although I wonder why any "idiot" (don't be angry) necessarily want have a great nation ?? I find it much more attractive to have a small to medium-sized nation. This is a real challenge !!! But that's just my humble opinion ;)

As I said, participate in our discussions, ask questions and you will see how quickly time passes and you still get a place in our little world.

I look forward to your contributions ....

parador

Monday, October 12th 2009, 1:15pm

While not wishing to make any assumptions about your abilities, Texancowboy, I think I can speak from experience to say that Nordmark is not a nation to start out in Wesworld playing.

I have spent nearly 4 years on it, and only really scratched the surface.

Saturday, October 24th 2009, 5:25am

Just looking over... Can I take Coldmere? That sounds interesting. I have this thing where I can only build 40,000 ton ships or tiny ships. Both are fun, although, admitably, the latter is more difficult.

Saturday, October 24th 2009, 6:20am

I don't have a problem with that... but does Coldmere even have a factory, or infrastructure for production? I was not aware that it did... *Heads out to look through old posts to determine the truth.*

Saturday, October 24th 2009, 6:23am

Texan, you're about to have quite alot on your plate over at Navalism once you take over the CSA. Are you sure you can handle both sims? I haven't even tried that and I've been lurking here for a year.

Saturday, October 24th 2009, 6:26am

I agree, see how things work out with the CSA and keep lurking here. Theres no rush.

Saturday, October 24th 2009, 6:32am

I can't find anything in any of the posts mentioning Coldmere that it has a factory or any production capabilities.

Saturday, October 24th 2009, 6:51am

Well to that end I suppose it would be easier to run it as a nation, no quarterly reports, no ships either though.