You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, October 30th 2012, 12:55am

Frankenstorm

So anybody else in the way of this thing?

Apparently it's going to pass south of us tomorrow or Wednesday, so the weather could be interesting.

Tuesday, October 30th 2012, 1:02am

I've been under it since before I woke up yesterday.

Bruce is near dead-center for it.

Tuesday, October 30th 2012, 1:12am

It's apparently predicted to turn north before it gets to me. But our temperatures are dropping and the sky's been spitting rain all day.

Tuesday, October 30th 2012, 1:36am

I am a bit far west for it if it meanders over here than I have to say that is some storm!

We have quite enough snow in Northern Alberta thanks, the easterners can keep their Frankenstorm.

Tuesday, October 30th 2012, 1:39am

Yeah, my brother-in-law in Ft. Mac has already sent us videos of the snow there....

Hopefully Shin and Bruce find it no more than inconvenient.

I see now that Sandy's supposed to curve around and pass right over head on Thursday PM, but by then I imagine it'll be just a big rain storm.

Tuesday, October 30th 2012, 1:42am

Rain, snow, and slush, here. Expected accumulation by tomorrow morning, three to six inches.

Blech.
Carnival da yo~!

Tuesday, October 30th 2012, 2:39am

80 F and clear blue skies here...

Tuesday, October 30th 2012, 8:36am

Hope you are all doing well.

"only" rainy greetings from bavaria

Tuesday, October 30th 2012, 12:17pm

Windy but nothing significant here overnight.

Tuesday, October 30th 2012, 7:08pm

Stopped raining and being windy here, at least for this morning. Looks like we're going to avoid anything more than mildly unpleasant weather. (Although I love what most people term 'mildly unpleasant weather'.)

Wednesday, October 31st 2012, 6:14pm

Looks like most of the storm's in Canada, now. Got anything around you, Rocky?

Wednesday, October 31st 2012, 6:24pm

It's sucking cold air down to us, but that's about it.

Thursday, November 1st 2012, 1:47pm

*resurfaces*

Man, fuck blizzards.

If you've seen anything in the news about parts of WV getting three feet of gloppy heavy sleety snowball snow? Yeah, that's about thirty miles from me. Fortunately, it's thirty miles uphill, so we only got a foot of the stuff here, and being in relatively large town puts us high on the 'power restoral' queue, so we get power back today, rather than after another week like those poor schlubs in backcountry Pendleton County.

Anyway. Blugh. Not dead.
Carnival da yo~!

Thursday, November 1st 2012, 9:31pm

No hurries and no snow where I am, just relentless light rain that one gets in vancouver every winter......oh and a 7.7 mag earthquake north up the coast and a tsunami warning about a week ago!

Friday, November 2nd 2012, 10:14am

The weather is pretty wild here in the NW UK too. We've had winds and heavy hail storms since yesterday, bad overnight and just now I've got to uni through one of the worst hail storms I've ever encountered. Couple of uncomfortably close lighting bolts near the bus too... 8o The storm front seems to have followed me for about ten miles!

I notice Bruce hasn't posted, I know on Facebook he didn't seem too concerned the other day but was worried about powercuts. Hope he's holding out ok.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Friday, November 2nd 2012, 10:35am

Poor guys.

It's a light breeze with mixed sun and light rain in Frankfurt area. About 10 degree Celsius, which is about the middle of what we had in the past few days (tempreture varied from 3 degrees to almost 20 degrees and back).

In general it's pretty normal autumn weather over here.

Friday, November 2nd 2012, 3:35pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood
I notice Bruce hasn't posted, I know on Facebook he didn't seem too concerned the other day but was worried about powercuts. Hope he's holding out ok.

I'm pretty certain he lost power sometime Monday night, yes. They did evacuate a few regions in New Jersey, but I don't think any of them were near where he lived.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Friday, November 2nd 2012, 3:54pm

I really hope he is doing well.... What I have seen in the news over here didn't look to good for some areas. Not sure if that was where he lives, though.

Friday, November 2nd 2012, 6:18pm

Hello!

I am alive and well. I have had to relocate as the electricity is out at my home; no lights, no phone, no internet.

The house suffered no damage, took on very little water. Have no idea when I will be able to catch up - they are still predicting 5 to 7 days for restoration of electricity.

Friday, November 2nd 2012, 6:57pm

Quoted

Originally posted by BruceDuncan
Hello!

I am alive and well. I have had to relocate as the electricity is out at my home; no lights, no phone, no internet.

The house suffered no damage, took on very little water. Have no idea when I will be able to catch up - they are still predicting 5 to 7 days for restoration of electricity.

Hey! Glad to hear an update from you.