You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, December 18th 2006, 9:57am

Board update issue...

Is it just me, or is the "last post" category too thin, and the 'moderators' caterogy waaaay too wide? It's irking me.... <<

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, December 18th 2006, 11:42am

Well, it probably is something that needs to be fixed.... But if that&acute;s the only propblem you encountered I guess the transfer to a new server was successful. :o)

Monday, December 18th 2006, 12:30pm

Meh, keep hiting refresh, things semed to work better once I did that.

Tuesday, December 19th 2006, 2:31am

I miss the "Read all posts from the last 24 hours" button.

HoOmAn

Tuesday, December 19th 2006, 12:57pm

To activate new posts from the last 24h scroll down. The button is at the lower right corner.

Tuesday, January 2nd 2007, 5:54pm

Cool.

Is is just me, or does the board have problems displaying apostrophies. I've noticed some posts with boxes in place of other marks. Also there is the auto smilies in old post, but that's just a matter of personal corrections and paying attention when making new posts.

Tuesday, January 2nd 2007, 11:13pm

Quoted

Is is just me, or does the board have problems displaying apostrophies.

No I have that problem as well. I know word changes the " to a nicer looking ", but that comes out as . Might do the same with the '...' test: & (edit: yes, it screws that one up as well)
Sometimes changing the 'encoding' option in the menu works, but not always.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Jan 2nd 2007, 11:14pm)

Tuesday, January 2nd 2007, 11:15pm

Correction ... a few time... but often not.

HoOmAn

Wednesday, January 3rd 2007, 11:35am

I told Testpilot about it. He thinks it happened when he moved the datafile from the old to the new database. There shouldn&acute;t be any problems with new posts....

The smileys - I can modify the code for each one to avoid auto-changes. However, that&acute;ll take me some time and I&acute;m not sure if I can make it during the next 10 days (away for skiing from saturday to saturday)....

Wednesday, January 10th 2007, 12:11am

...I've started getting an error every few hours that's locking me out of the site; only way to get back into it is rebooting the whole computer;

Quoted

Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Cookie: sthreads= [lots of gibberish]
user_password=[lots more gibberish]
bbcodemode=1; wbb_userid=89; wbb_userpassword=[more gibberish]
cookiehash=759689bc8bc969149c5a5097014ddfd1; threadvisit=[even more gibberish]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.54 (Debian GNU/Linux) PHP/5.2.0-0.dotdeb.3 with Suhosin-Patch Server at loadster.org Port 80

If that doesn't stop happening, I'm going to be scarce around here, because I only reboot my computer once or twice a week. <<

Monday, January 15th 2007, 8:53am

I'm still having this issue.... no comments?

Monday, January 15th 2007, 9:08am

Not sure what your problem is but I had issues for the last few days where I couldn't connect to the site.

No problems with other sites.

Finnally I checked my security settings in reguards to cookies, as I seemed to recall having a similar issue before. I allowed third party cookies and Tada linked up first try.

Didn't have the exact same issues as you, windows simply asked me to check network settings or refresh.

HoOmAn

Monday, January 15th 2007, 12:24pm

Cookies could be a problem... I told Testpilot about your issue and asked him to check it.

Monday, January 22nd 2007, 7:05pm

Im starting to have problems.

I get the following message. Nothing works, then I have to log back in.

Quoted

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /var/kunden/webs/oponn/wbblite/acp/lib/class_db_mysql.php on line 30
SQL-DATABASE ERROR

Database error in WoltLab Burning Board: Link-ID == false, connect failed
mysql error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
mysql error number: 2002
Date: 22.01.2007 @ 19:03
Script: /pms.php
Referer: http://wesworld.jk-clan.de/pms.php?actio…pmid=15664&sid=

Monday, January 22nd 2007, 7:06pm

Interesting. Haven't seen that myself, though I'm using Firefox.

Monday, January 22nd 2007, 8:18pm

A few problems from time to time with Firefox but I think that might just be at my end.

Monday, January 22nd 2007, 8:21pm

Had a couple of those errors a bit earlier today (with IE), but it was just temporary.

Friday, February 9th 2007, 3:36am

Two things I noticed.

One, the 'search' seems to only find stuff posted after the board was moved. That's somewhat annoying.

Two, I noticed this in the URL when going back through the pages of the ship designs:
"... daysprune=1000 ..."
Does this mean anything older than that gets lost in cyberspace? If so, that's somewhat alarming...

HoOmAn

Monday, February 12th 2007, 12:05pm

Testpilot is aware of your issues but currently burried in work. He&acute;ll hopefully be able to dig out by end of this week so there is a chance he has time for all these things next week.....

Monday, February 12th 2007, 3:13pm

Ok

Search is working fine now, BTW.