You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, February 22nd 2010, 11:34pm

Canada Hockey Game

So Canada lost at home...to America. I would like to know what is happening in the streets of Canada right now. Are riot's occuring, hockey rink's burning? Is the Admiralty planning to invade the US? :D

Tuesday, February 23rd 2010, 2:21am

You wouldn't be baiting a certain mod would you?

No, if America had lost thats what would be happening down south. :)

It simply came down to goal tending, America had it, vs 45 shots and much time in their own end, while Canada didn't have its best goalie (IMO) in net. Had Luongo been playing I'm sure it would have been a 3-1 game for Canada. Now we face Germany and unless for some strange reason the team decides to not show up, we should bulldoze through them and face the Russians.

I do find it odd that there are rumors that Canada threw the game for just such a reason but I really don't see the logic in that. Personally I'd have liked to see the Americans and their cab fare hopping favorite son Patrick Kane get smoked but Cest La Vie...

Tuesday, February 23rd 2010, 4:01am

American's don't care about hockey...that much. ;)

Actually, I was baiting you, Jason, Rocky...(wait,wrond board)

Tuesday, February 23rd 2010, 4:29am

Afternoon Radio DJ on local station hit it on the head.

Winning or loosing that game to the USA was the equivalent to a fat kid throwing away a box of Twinkies in front of a starving Ethiopian child. The Fat Kid (USA) doesn't need the Twinkies while they mean the world to the staving kid (CAN).

Monday, March 1st 2010, 12:30am

So Texan, what does crow taste like? :)

Monday, March 1st 2010, 12:31am

I understand that to mean Canada won gold? Good for them.

Monday, March 1st 2010, 12:41am

Yes, and in a very good game with a classic finish. Team U.S.A. played a good game and tied it up to force overtime but in the end Sid the kid put the icing on the cake.

Monday, March 1st 2010, 2:25am

Pah, Pah. The only team I'm concerned about is the Texan team, as Texas is a independent country.

*Watches all Americans dive at my legs and start brutally mauling me*

Ok, maybe I care about the Israeli team too....

Monday, March 1st 2010, 3:09am

Well there is rioting in the streets here, sort of. Downtown is a freaking Zoo and everytime we win something everyone goes crazy! I've never seen Vancouver like this, its absolutely amazing! The level of Canadian patriotism is like nothing I've EVER seen before in my life!

Its been a fun 17 days!!

Monday, March 1st 2010, 11:42am

In Hockey only teems I'm rooting for are Russian and Czech.
I love when they show Finn there place.

If Poland wins a game with any of the aforementioned,
it like "WTF" fallowed by a "Mhahaha".

Monday, March 1st 2010, 12:59pm

After the Canadian win, a friend of the wife posted the following on her blog.......

"Canada can't come to the phone right now, the actions of a small group of individuals prevent us from doing so.
Normal service should be restored by Wednesday"

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Commodore Green" (Mar 1st 2010, 12:59pm)

Monday, March 1st 2010, 2:29pm

That wouldn't be too far off the mark Mac! While the game was on most of the city was absolutely dead! Afterwords there was mass hysteria, people yelling, car horns blaring.

Monday, March 1st 2010, 4:11pm

I love that games of The Russian and the Fins.
The Game betwin Canada and Czech was GREAT!!

:D :D :D :D

Monday, March 1st 2010, 4:54pm

You mean the Canadians and the Slovakians? Not so much in my view. The Slovaks lulled the Canadians to sleep and then nearly tied it up till Luongo made a huge save on team mate Dimitra. That save was huge but the rest of the game was rather dull.

Now the Canada vs. Russia game was fun to watch and was rather shocking too! Russia didn't seem to bond whiel canada steam rolled them. The Russian goalie even said they came out like a gorrila out of a cage!

Monday, March 1st 2010, 5:57pm

Something tells me that I won't be able to leave Canada safely this year without a Team Canada shirt...

Monday, March 1st 2010, 6:57pm

Yeas that was what I meaned :D

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
You mean the Canadians and the Slovakians? Not so much in my view. The Slovaks lulled the Canadians to sleep and then nearly tied it up till Luongo made a huge save on team mate Dimitra. That save was huge but the rest of the game was rather dull.

Now the Canada vs. Russia game was fun to watch and was rather shocking too! Russia didn't seem to bond whiel canada steam rolled them. The Russian goalie even said they came out like a gorrila out of a cage!

Monday, March 1st 2010, 7:33pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
Something tells me that I won't be able to leave Canada safely this year without a Team Canada shirt...

No Sir! I must say the patriotic pride in our nation is rather nice. And its not just in Vancouver, all across the country people were and are celebrating.

Monday, March 1st 2010, 8:18pm

I'll be pround with a shirt :D Since I look the first time to IceHockey, I really like it now, it all goes so fast!!!!

You don't need to shame for it though :P

Quoted

Originally posted by TheCanadian

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10

No Sir! I must say the patriotic pride in our nation is rather nice. And its not just in Vancouver, all across the country people were and are celebrating.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALVAMA" (Mar 1st 2010, 8:18pm)

Monday, March 1st 2010, 8:40pm

Quoted

Originally posted by ALVAMA
I'll be pround with a shirt :D Since I look the first time to IceHockey, I really like it now, it all goes so fast!!!!

You don't need to shame for it though :P

Then you will like proper Icehockey even more :D

Monday, March 1st 2010, 9:19pm

Quoted

Then you will like proper Icehockey even more :D

You mean when the gloves go off? :D