You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, May 22nd 2005, 10:20pm

An incredible photoshop colorization job...

by BC Renown of HMS Barham in Malta.

Link to thread at BC & PDN

Sunday, May 22nd 2005, 10:32pm

Looks better then anything I do.

Sunday, May 22nd 2005, 10:45pm

I think BC renown would make an excellent addition to the wesworld! However he seems VERY busy.

He does some very nice pictures in MSpaint too! He's done some nice pictures of Canadian frigates.

Monday, May 23rd 2005, 8:08pm

Maybe he could do the Dominion of Canada? It should be relatively quiet compared to the United Kingdom or Australia in this time frame.

Just hand over the R-class battlecruisers and maybe Hood to the Canadians.

Monday, May 23rd 2005, 9:05pm

Always worth to try it.
You'll never know if you don't try it...

Tuesday, May 24th 2005, 12:44am

Quoted

Just hand over the R-class battlecruisers and maybe Hood to the Canadians.

I think we could be a little more creative than that.

Cheers,

Tuesday, May 24th 2005, 4:03pm

Better to approach him before we worry about what he gets...

Tuesday, May 24th 2005, 4:45pm

Quoted

Better to approach him before we worry about what he gets...

Agreed.

Quoted

I think we could be a little more creative than that.

Yes we can, but it makes for a good carrot.

Tuesday, May 24th 2005, 11:07pm

I have previously approached him and he has expressed some interest, but nothing concrete and he is quite busy at times.

Perhaps another polite "hey what up" is in order.

I am conserned however about the other awol country's as well like Nordmark, Netherlands and Iberia. No news or quarterly reports makes it difficult to gauge whats going on there...

Wednesday, May 25th 2005, 12:50am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
I have previously approached him and he has expressed some interest, but nothing concrete and he is quite busy at times.

Perhaps another polite "hey what up" is in order.

I am conserned however about the other awol country's as well like Nordmark, Netherlands and Iberia. No news or quarterly reports makes it difficult to gauge whats going on there...

Give me a chance, it's not easy to catch up on as much stuff as LA left me with!!!
(Why do you think that Denmark has been so quiet lately???)

Wednesday, May 25th 2005, 1:02am

Fair enough, and besides Atlantis is happy their old advasary Iberia is quiet for now.

Wednesday, May 25th 2005, 1:20am

Did RAM vanish?

Nordmark I assume is being taken care of systematically...its only a matter of time.

Wednesday, May 25th 2005, 2:24am

Actually, Nordmark stuff is coming along. Chris has written the bulk of the war info, now we're pinning down dates and the "aftermath."

It came up somewhere else that RAM can't access these sites while he's at university...

Wednesday, May 25th 2005, 2:26am

Well to be fair, my own work shedual prevents me from keeping things for Atlantis and Turkey completely up to date, I can understand why Hoo has a difficult time to keep both Nordmark and the SAE up to snuff, with all that travel and collectively a slightly larger wesworld workload.

Wednesday, May 25th 2005, 2:27am

Quoted

It came up somewhere else that RAM can't access these sites while he's at university...

Hopefully he'll be out from Whatsdamatta U. before we have the Treaty Revision Talks? After all it's his battlecruisers that are one of the major problems...

Wednesday, May 25th 2005, 5:52pm

Quoted

Hopefully he'll be out from Whatsdamatta U. before we have the Treaty Revision Talks? After all it's his battlecruisers that are one of the major problems...

*sabotaging the Dutch battlecruisers*
Problems? I didn't know there were any problems with his battlecruisers.
:-)

Friday, May 27th 2005, 2:29am

Hi All,

First off, thanks to David (CanisD) for posting the link to my Barham photo. I sure hope that colourization wasn't a fluke. The response has been overwhelming, so much so, that I've even gotten a book offer by an American publisher. I've tried a few others but they didn't turn out quite as well, so that's all up in the air for now. If practice doesn't make perfect, it should at least make presentable.

This is my first post here and would like to thank Wes (my favourite assassin-- shouldn't he have been a wrestler?) for asking me to "join up", as the boys used to say here in Newfoundland.

I've been scouting the site for quite a while now and I must say the first things I was impresed with were all the lovely warship drawings. You guys have it completely down pat. I never had much to do with warship sims and while I've designed a few warships of my own, I never knew if any of them were really do-able.

Taking over the RCN sounds quite intriguing, ...can you imagine HMCS Renown? ... I can. The Brits can keep Hood, just give me Renown, an identically rebuilt Repulse and an Ark Royal sister equipped with USN aircraft and we'll see who does what in the western Med. (hehe)

Unfotunately guys, I am extremely busy right now and the best I could hope for would be to post a few drawings of my own and to comment on those of others.
This forum is loaded with talent and I hope I can measure up.

Now all I have to do is to figure out how to post pics here.

Monty Mills

Friday, May 27th 2005, 3:18am

Nice to see ya Monty, I hope that book offer works out!

Personally I think Canada wouldn't be too huge a burden for you and the benifit is you already have drawings made up of future Canadian ships!

As for posting pics check out

http://photobucket.com

its free and likely half of us here use it. Given the pics I've seen from e-mails I don't think measuring up is a problem.

As for designs we use Springsharp...

http://www.springsharp.com/

and the old springstyle along with Big gun and plane builder, they can be found here...

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages…se/software.htm

At the very least as you said, you can post ship drawings at will, we don't mind!!!

Friday, May 27th 2005, 3:31am

Welcome aboard!

The link Wes gave has the old DOS version of SpringStyle - the new, much better SpringSharp is at www.springsharp.com :-)

Friday, May 27th 2005, 5:10am

..are you sure swampy? Check my post again....