You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, April 30th 2009, 3:44pm

Real Dutch warships

Thursday, April 30th 2009, 4:06pm

Nifty! Nice drawings!

Thursday, April 30th 2009, 4:16pm

Thanks

I'm working on the Java

Thursday, April 30th 2009, 4:24pm

Very neat drawings! thanx for sharing them.

Any specs on the Abraham Crijnssen? I haven't seen that ship before, I kinda like her! I've always liked Tromp the first day I set eyes on her picture, unfortunately she doesn't sim well in Springsharp.

Thursday, April 30th 2009, 4:26pm

What...? She is a museum ship at Den Helder I've visited her last year ?(

Thursday, April 30th 2009, 4:27pm

Sorry, I'm from Canada, we tend to get spotty info on ships of other nations outside the big 5 in WW2.

Thursday, April 30th 2009, 4:35pm

HNLMS Abraham Crijnssen. Very tidy mine warfare ship. :)

Thursday, April 30th 2009, 4:37pm

You don't need to say sorry ;)
I'm only suprised :D

Thursday, April 30th 2009, 4:38pm

*Rubs hands together and lets out a Maniacal laugh*

Thursday, April 30th 2009, 4:41pm

Most ships I've seen that are trying to disguise themselves try to look like a sloppy freighter or something not worth the effort of attacking. Crijnssen is one of very few ships I know that disguised themselves as a South Pacific island. :D

Thursday, April 30th 2009, 4:45pm

Thursday, April 30th 2009, 4:46pm

DKM Hipper IIRC tried to disguise herself as a port building, painted in brick camo. It didn't work but who worry's about that little tidbit?! :P

Thursday, April 30th 2009, 4:52pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
DKM Hipper IIRC tried to disguise herself as a port building, painted in brick camo. It didn't work but who worry's about that little tidbit?! :P

You'd think the 8" guns would have given her away. :P

"Mein Gott, Hans, that is the best-armed warehouse in all of Germany!"

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Thursday, April 30th 2009, 5:33pm

Whoa, very nice Alexander.

I believe I considered fielding Tromp clones, but went with the Windhonds instead.

The WW Dutch Jan Van Gelder MW used the 1936 class as a baseline.

The Grunos are fielded as well, except I goofed on the armanent. I couldn't find a pic or much info and so went 2x2 for the main battery instead of 4x1. Oh well.

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Most ships I've seen that are trying to disguise themselves try to look like a sloppy freighter or something not worth the effort of attacking. Crijnssen is one of very few ships I know that disguised themselves as a South Pacific island. :D

I did actually start a story which was to have a piractical frieghter disguised as an island, but Alkilchi's departure scuttled that potential Dutch-Phillipino story.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (Apr 30th 2009, 6:38pm)

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, April 30th 2009, 10:15pm

Quoted

Originally posted by ALVAMA
What...? She is a museum ship at Den Helder I've visited her last year ?(

Really? I´ve been in Den Helder quite often (my family has a house in Julianadorp) and toured the Naval Museum probably 5 times over the years. But that ship escaped me. :o/ Where do they hide her?

Btw, welcome aboard!

Friday, May 1st 2009, 5:39am

Crijnssen

Thanks you

If walk to the Naval base, before there is a bridge, go left, and they is a museum ''Het Marinemuseum Den Helder'' they lying a old turret ship from 1868 ''Schorpioen'' Minesweeper/patrolvessel The ''Crijnssen'' 1950s sub ''Tonijn'' Minesweeper 1950s of the Dokkum class ''Heereveen''
Old hyrograpicvessel ''Snellius'' and an old lightship.
For me it's not to mise :P I hope you are the next time at den helder you'll find it :D

http://www.museumhavenwillemsoord.nl/pic…_marine_mus.jpg