You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, March 14th 2005, 12:26am

First modified warship pic

This is my first modified warship picture, of the Ulic Ali Reis as rebuilt, thanks to Red Admiral I could properly dipict here with an absolute final design.

What do you think?

Here is the original pic for compairasin

Monday, March 14th 2005, 2:30am

Nice and subtle!

Monday, March 14th 2005, 3:55am

Its a long way from Rogers work but hey I can't steal the wind for my own sails, well baybe a wee bit.

Monday, March 14th 2005, 12:05pm

Looks great Wes.

Now if she has been re-engined with HP going from 25,000 to 60,000 would the funnels be different? ; )

Cheers,

Monday, March 14th 2005, 12:21pm

In action against the Greek fleet this could be the outcome ; )

Cheers,

Monday, March 14th 2005, 12:39pm

Looks like we know who the winner will be. :-)
Great stuff guys.

Monday, March 14th 2005, 4:43pm

She looks good. If you wait a few days I'll post my own first attempt as well.

Monday, March 14th 2005, 7:15pm

Those must be Japanese buisnessmen by the forward turret, their not even flinching at the explosion! Its "buisiness as usual...."

You'll also notice that Roger has blown up the old version of Ulic Ali Reis. In fact its not the Ulic Ali Reis at all! Its the Italian Pisa!!!!!

Admiral Talknotalotaboutdapoles will be pounding his shoe some more.......

Quoted

Originally posted by alt_naval
Looks great Wes.

Now if she has been re-engined with HP going from 25,000 to 60,000 would the funnels be different? ; )

Cheers,

I assumed that going from coal fired to Oil fired wouldn't make much difference in the funnel arangement, shouldn't three funnels still be enough?

I could always try and enlarge them slightly.

Monday, March 14th 2005, 9:21pm

2 larger funnels sohuld be ok.

And RM Pisa and Amalfi are long gone, well actually they live on in the names of that light cruiser class with 16x152mm guns.

Monday, March 14th 2005, 10:15pm

So...

...you say Pisa is in pieces?

Monday, March 14th 2005, 10:31pm

Aye...

...Pisa is in pieces.

Tuesday, March 15th 2005, 2:16am

I'd say two larger funnels would be fair. This is a full machinery replace (1st generation turbine and large tube boilers with geared turbines and small tube boilers) - not just conversion to oil firing. The belt has stretched by 1%, not sure how that's possible, must be those clever Italian engineers. ; )

Cheers,