You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, July 20th 2008, 5:12pm

Shiraz Conference

As has been announced earlier the Shiraz Wildlife Conference will start on june 10th with the most notable delegates being Shah Koroush and Princess Juliana of the Netherlands. Princess Juliana´s interest in wildlife preservation can be seen in the press reports below.

The Brussels Sprout, March 10th
Princess Juliana announced plans to travel this May to Azerbaijan to investigate reports that the magnificent horses of that area are imperiled. The Princess was reportedly impressed by the stallion presented to the Queen, and feels that her late husband, Prince Karel, would be loathe to let the breed continue its decline. The Princess reportedly is interested if there is something that can be done to save the breed.

The Brussels Sprout April 12th
It was announced today that Princess Juliana will represent the United Kingdoms of the Netherlands at a wildlife preservation conference in Persia. The Princess and entering will be accredited through the Swiss Embassy.

Of the various Kingdoms and provinces the Princess represents, there are several preserves in the Kongo, the Reserve Elephants de Roosevelt being the most famed. There are no such preserves in our Kingdom of Belgium.

The Persian conference is focused on concerns regarding several big cat species, including the Java tiger, native to the Dutch East Indies. The late Dutch governor AC De Graeff, prior to his untimely death, proposed a series of National Preserves on the American Model. Provincial governments, led by Governor Hendrick van der Wetering of Borneo, have been debating legislation to extend those.

As has been stated earlier documents for entering Persia will be provided through the good offices of Switzerland for delegates coming from nations currently lacking diplomatic relations with Persia

Sunday, July 20th 2008, 6:59pm

Azerbaijan agrees (at least on this matter) with our Persian neighbors, and will route several delegates to the conference via Switzerland. The Azeri minister of ecology, agriculture and national resources made the following statement: "Our own efforts to preserve the Karabakh horse parallel the Persians' interest in the preservation of their big cats. Azerbaijan has given a great deal of thought and consideration to establishing a reserve, or series of reserves, for the better protection of our nation's endangered fauna."

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Thursday, July 24th 2008, 3:54am

Princess Juliana:

Shah Koroush is the visionary responsible for this Shiraz Wildlife Conference. The honored Shah is also the sponsor of the Big Cat Project. I am honored to be included in these measures.

We are entrusted with the creatures of creation, yet all to often species vanish from the surface of the world. This happens not due to carefully considered and deliberate decisions as to the best course of human progress, but rather through a failure to take due consideration of results, which is nothing short of negligence.

The Great Cats are but the most fascinating portion of their natural setting, as are the Karabakh horses in the north, and many other creatures across the globe. I am pleased that there is such a regal gentleman as his highness Shah Koroush, who can see our obligation to be sound stewards for the future.

Friday, July 25th 2008, 7:55pm

We wish to thank Her royal highness for the kind words.
Having had the opportunity to talk with experts from various countries assembled here we have realized that even if Nature Preserves is something valuable on a national basis this might not be sufficient in the long run. We have come to understand from our talks with the esteemed delegates holding a far greater knowledge than myself that a lot of work is needed to better understand what species are threatened and that many species are in such a poor shape that the majority of the population are confined to various Zoo´s and private collections. This being the case we ask that the delegates present consider if an international framework is needed to make an inventory and propose what actions is most appropriate to prevent further extinctions of key species. We will continue to listen with great pleasure to the learned discussions being held here.

Kaiser Kirk

Saturday, July 26th 2008, 7:03pm

Princess Juliana:

Shah Koroush is of course correct. Inviolable Nature Preserves represent a politic battle and a burden on locals barred from those lands, yet we lack the basic knowledge of how big they must be to thrive, how many are needed, or if there are alternatives.

Allowing managed use makes these easier to establish, but we lack the basic scientific knowledge of what the essential elements are. Without that, management will be flawed.

One must not think that research efforts expended on wild lands is wasted either, the bark of the cinchona tree is the source of quinine, and I am sure treasures like that have been secreted for us to find.

While mankinds technological achievements have never been greater, there is a lack of basic knowledge regarding the species that have been placed in our care on this globe. Perhaps, as the Shah hints, it is time for further action to rectify this.

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 6:44pm

With the conference coming to an end a special announcement was made before the assembled delegates:

" Ladies and gentlemen, Your royal Highness.
It gives me a great pleasure to announce that Her Royal Highness Juliana has agreed to together with myself be the protector of the newly formed International Wildlife Society that a great number of government and non-government organizations has agreed to form in an effort to not only protect but also increase awareness and research our joint natural heritage. H.R.H. Juliana has made a most generous donation to the IWS and I have agreed to match it, with several million of pounds the IWS should have an healthy platform from which to start its important work.
Thank you for the time and effort you have all invested in this conferance, finally in recognition of Princess Julianas devotion I would ask that the delegates vote to have the next IWS conference in Den Haag. Thank You"

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 7:20pm

Nordmark sends several whale meat steaks for each delegate

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 7:59pm

*Sprays Mountain Dew all over the computer screen.*

Kaiser Kirk

Friday, August 15th 2008, 5:14am

OOC : I am quite pleased with events :)

Mountain Dew? To each their own...that poor computer

Hey those horses get looked at. Plus this helps makes up for the absence of Prince Bernard Lippe-Biesterfeld, the Princess's OTL husband.

As for whale steaks...oh quit your blubbering :)

Friday, August 15th 2008, 5:20am

...I'm sure the Dutch and Persians will have a whale of a time with Nordmarks gift.

Kaiser Kirk

Friday, August 15th 2008, 9:28am

Well I like how the conference worked out :)
And yes, Nordmarks gift gives us something to chew on.