You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, January 16th 2007, 9:04pm

Grr...

After finishing my first batch of uni exams (only nine more lots to go!), I've come back to the family home for a few days to earn some beermoney. Unfortunately, in my haste to leave Glasgow this morning, I forgot to pick up my network adapter, so that I can't use my computer to access the internet.

As a result, I may be somewhat scarce between now and Monday. I'll still be about occasionally, but not as much as I'd like to. On the other hand, I'll be less distracted by forums and Wikipedia, so I might actually get some work done on the RN encyclopaedia and news.

Hopefully, when normal service is resumed, I shall have the RN fully updated by Monday evening, depending on what chaos they decide to throw at me in the new semester.

And some rather better news - yesterday morning, one of my lecturers went around the class in an exam handing out tickets to the launch of HMS Dauntless at Govan on Tuesday, so I may be at that. Depending on the new timetable and how generous lecturers feel.

Tuesday, January 16th 2007, 9:29pm

I'm sure you'll be occupied with the snow as well. Looks like a proper blanket over most of Scotland.

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 7:57am

Speaking of snow, Vancouver has its its share for the next 5 years in about 5 weeks! Meanwhile rocky's frolicking in the sunshine way over on the easternside of the country....

Anyone else getting weird weather?

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 8:38am

We have +15°C all over Germany in mid-January which is quite unusual, probably the warmeth January ever..... Instead we should have -5°C and snow all over the place.

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 8:42am

I don't want to mention global warming, (CG will step up on the soapbox!) but it does seem odd.

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 8:53am

We're expecting snow and ice Thursday here in South Carolina, south Texas is getting clobbered with ice, even near Houston. California has lost most of the orange crop. We went from near 80 yesterday to about 35 forecast by Thursday.

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 9:02am

Snow? Ice? It feels like April here in Birmingham

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 9:03am

Been our version of chilly here (North coastal California)- mid 20sF, and we had snow forecast down to sea level for the first time in a decade, but it didn't show. My truck windshield keeps frosting over through.

Other than that we're in the semi-typical mid-winter dry spell that tends to last 3-5 weeks.

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 11:03am

Quoted

Originally posted by Earl822
Snow? Ice? It feels like April here in Birmingham

I think it's April in Bath as well. Strangely quite warm and raining.

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 11:13am

I'm enjoying ridiculous ice storms - the President declared a state of emergency here (Oklahoma) a few days ago, actually.

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 11:19am

Here in the northern US, we're not having much of a winter: the last week or so has been reasonable as far as temperatures go, but we've only got maybe 2" of snow, and most of the winter has been above freezing. All the wintry weather to speak of has gone south of us, quite annoying really.

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 1:44pm

Here in Essex its warm and raining too.

Expect severe gales tonight though!

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 2:36pm

Snow? What snow? It's doing a passable impression of late May here, apart from the vegetation. We're hopeful winter will start in the next few weeks though.

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 3:02pm

We're having "the Winter that Wasn't" down here. Been in the low 20s once or twice, but mostly in the 60s-70s and the plants that normally blossom in mid-February are in full bloom, and late-Feb. plants are beginning to show flowers!

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 3:04pm

Looks like Walter is the only one to continuously work in a cold environment! :)

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 4:15pm

Snow? Northern Arizona is getting blasted by blizzards! Havent seen so much snow in my life! We are getting a big snowstorm every weekend, which is unusual considering that I live in the middle of the desert. Teperature range from 40* to 10* F.

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 4:27pm

Inside, it is about 4 degrees in the 'fridge'.
Outside it is currently about 10 degrees. Rain and stormy winds so it looks more like Autumn to me.

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 11:40pm

It's quite warm here too, a lot of plants are budding already!

Thursday, January 18th 2007, 2:10am

92 degrees yesterday with sunny weather on my side of the world. :-)

Thursday, January 18th 2007, 2:33am

-16 here, and the outside pipes are frozen so I'm hauling water to the barn in buckets. Hooray for global warming.